How'd you come up with your Specktra name?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
my exboyfriends grandma uses the word "tart" a lot. Like "That girl looks like a real tart.", "Let's all get dressed up like tarts and go out!" She is such a nice woman and so funny so one day over dinner I think she asked me what i was going to do after graduation and I told her I was going to be a professional tart and she laughed.

ahhahahaha?

LOL!!!!!!

MisStarrlight

My name's from Will I Make It? by my one of the best bands alive, One True Thing song. "Sweet like a peach with mouth like a truck little Miss Starlight is down on her luck." pretty much sums me up. The double r is a tribute to my Riot Grrrl stuffs.

kradge79

Its my nickname from HS and the year I was born - the nickname part is a horrible mispronounciation of my last name that just stuck.

Life In Return

I'm a Christian, a follower of Christ, and my name is a reflection of that very fact. I live my life in return to Christ - giving Him my life through the things I do and say, thanking Him for giving HIS life to save me.
smiles.gif

cookies

I just use mine for everything...now that I think about it, I wish I'd picked something more creative and more mac-ish!

moonrevel

Hmmm...this is sort of hard to explain, but I picked it years ago when I first registered my domain and was trying to come up with something fun and original to name it. The moon is the symbol of the Goddess, and one often revels when honoring her, so, moonrevel. Haha, well, it makes sense to me anyway.

Eemaan

mine is so unoriginal but i was frustrated at having all the others i wanted already taken, so i chose what my students call me to wind me up when i teach philosophy 8)

Jennifer Mcfly

My boyfriend is obsessed with the Back to the Future trilogy. Marty Mcfly's girlfriend in the movies is Jennifer. It soon becomes Jennifer McFly b/c they eventually get married. which is also our plan
smiles.gif
So that's how I got my handle
greengrin.gif

afterglow

Mine was because the sun was setting when I picked my username, lol. I think I heard the word from a Sarah McLachlan album.

Piaqua

Piaqua = Pisces + Aquamarine. My sign and my birthstone, respectively. My friend and I came up with these as little kids (they were our secret code names, LOL). Hers is Leopal (Leo and Opal)

blueyedlady87

I hate mine now.
ssad.gif

Well I'm tall and skinny with boobs, and I used to be blonde so my nickname was Barbie. 7 & 13 are my lucky numbers. But the whole Barbie thing doesn't fit me anymore. I've moved against the 'fake' look, and I'm a brunette and loving it. So yeah.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaqua
Piaqua = Pisces + Aquamarine. My sign and my birthstone, respectively. My friend and I came up with these as little kids (they were our secret code names, LOL). Hers is Leopal (Leo and Opal)

Thats so cute! I'm a Pisces and Aquarmarine too.
smiles.gif

ancilla

mine was a nickname given in high school by a girl taking latin class. we were young and amused that she learned the words for master + servant (like the Depeche Mode song!) i thought that the word for servant (or maid) was prettier
greengrin.gif
i pronounce it with a soft "c" sound.

Vinyl Vapour

Hehe i was bored and wanted something more mysterious and intelligent sounding than my usual "Glamour_Puss" or "Pretty*Girl" etc

So i flicked to a random page in the dictionary and chose some random words. Good huh? lol

more_please

my name's more_please cuz I can never get enough...MAC, love, shopping, life! I'm always looking for new people, places, experiences. Also I love the fiona apple song extraordinary machine "be kind to me/or treat me mean/ I'll make the most of it/I'm an extraordinary machine"

user3

Just a play on my name.

I am called V or Nessie by friends and family.

A member here Pei started calling me Nessa and I thought it was cute.

When I had Zap2it, I got that from my papa. It was what he would say when he wanted someone to do something fast.

lovejam

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
The moon is the symbol of the Goddess, and one often revels when honoring her, so, moonrevel.

I like that! It's clever!