I got dudded by a trusted seller

figgy1982

Hi all
I just received an eyeshadow in the mail from an ebay seller. I am not a big fan of ebay for this exact reason, went to depot it, has the indented pan, 15 stamped in the black tray AB6 etc on the back of the label, all of it really. Just wanted to warn people, that this person was someone who has actually been listed as a good seller on these forums. She perhaps may not be aware that this one was fake, maybe it was a once off, don't know, but I have emailed her and am very scared of the response! She was so lovely throughout the sale that I am now even more diappointed than I would have been otherwise.
Next question is, I was perhaps a bit anxious to depot it after seeing the other warning signs, and have cracked the shadow and dented the pan (dumb I know).. Is it likely that if she gives me a refund she will ask for the shadow back? Or will she not worry as she shouldn't be selling it on anyway?
th_dunno.gif

figgy1982

I don't want to say the seller just yet until I have a reply from them.
Fake - reading through all the different things on here. The pan has an indented ring, which according to the letter on here from MAC, is a no no.
It's a pretty impressive fake though.

elle25

If you paid with paypal you should be able to file a claim as item not as described since you bought the item believing it to be authentic mac.

It would be really helpful if you post the seller so that others don't receive any fakes from them.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgy1982
Hi all
I just received an eyeshadow in the mail from an ebay seller. I am not a big fan of ebay for this exact reason, went to depot it, has the indented pan, 15 stamped in the black tray AB6 etc on the back of the label, all of it really. Just wanted to warn people, that this person was someone who has actually been listed as a good seller on these forums. She perhaps may not be aware that this one was fake, maybe it was a once off, don't know, but I have emailed her and am very scared of the response! She was so lovely throughout the sale that I am now even more diappointed than I would have been otherwise.
Next question is, I was perhaps a bit anxious to depot it after seeing the other warning signs, and have cracked the shadow and dented the pan (dumb I know).. Is it likely that if she gives me a refund she will ask for the shadow back? Or will she not worry as she shouldn't be selling it on anyway?
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
I don't want to say the seller just yet until I have a reply from them.
Fake - reading through all the different things on here. The pan has an indented ring, which according to the letter on here from MAC, is a no no.
It's a pretty impressive fake though.

Ok so you wanted to alert everyone...But yet you don't want to mention the seller's name....
th_dunno.gif
Why did you not just wait until you were ready to give the information to even post then? because this is not alerting anyone of anything IMO..

figgy1982

I did want to alert people that just because someone is considered a trusted seller, that you can still get burnt.
Sorry I bothered really.

elle25

This person sold you a fake but since they are a trusted seller on here, people are going to keep buying off them unless you say who they are.

If you want to help people you should name the seller so no one else gets screwed over.

figgy1982

I wanted people to be aware that even if someone is considered a trustworthy seller here by some people, that they still need to be wary. I also asked a question at the end of my post.
I have read through lots of the forums here and everyone seemed so helpful. To be honest, I wish I hadn't bothered now.

elle25

I don't understand why you're saying you wish you hadn't bothered. Everyone knows on here that ebay is a tricky place with fakes but unless someone is named as selling fakes, people will trust them. They're trusted for a reason and without proof or even a suggestion that they're selling fakes, no ones going to doubt them.

I did make a suggestion about what you could do and I will now offer further advice that I hope will help you. I'm sorry if anything I have said has been rude or unwelcome, we just need as much information as possible to help with things like this.

It is hard to know what a seller will do. Generally, if a person is an honest seller who didn't mean to sell a fake, they will offer a refund. But some may refuse to believe they are selling fakes or have in fact, become a seller of fakes and not give you a refund. As I said in my first post, if you paid with paypal through ebay, you should be able to get a refund.

figgy1982

Thanks elle25, no, you have been helpful, was more referring to the other post.
Once I have heard back from the seller (which I haven't yet) I will post the sellers name. Am just wary about doing so before I have spoken to her. She has been mentioned here twice, once for a suggested trusted seller and once as a favourite seller, so even though I am not a big one for ebay for this very reason, I suppose I didn't even give the chance of it being a fake a thought.

banana1234

oh come on guys, she said she's gunna say the sellers name when she hears her reply. Don't gang up on her! Poor girl!

if she still doesn't tells us, then u can have a go.

figgy1982 - even if she gives you the response you desire and a refund, i think you should still tell us who it was, so we can be more wary

TISH1124

Quote:
Thanks elle25, no, you have been helpful, was more referring to the other post.
Once I have heard back from the seller (which I haven't yet) I will post the sellers name. Am just wary about doing so before I have spoken to her. She has been mentioned here twice, once for a suggested trusted seller and once as a favourite seller, so even though I am not a big one for ebay for this very reason, I suppose I didn't even give the chance of it being a fake a thought.

Referring to the Other Post...If that is me....well my response is....You are the one that started the thread...for people to want more information regarding the seller so that they can protect themselves is human nature....There is no way anyone can be "alerted" or helpful based on the information that was given....I will not apologize for asking the purpose of the post if you were not prepared to give information for your "can't always trust a trusted seller" remark. Are we to distrust a trusted seller based off a New member giving 5% info...I suppose if the seller refunds you or is cooperative then you will more than likely not mention their name either so I ask again, "what was the point?" If it offends you, I'm sorry, but I am not going to sugar coat things for the sake of making you feel better about the post.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
oh come on guys, she said she's gunna say the sellers name when she hears her reply. Don't gang up on her! Poor girl!

if she still doesn't tells us, then u can have a go.

figgy1982 - even if she gives you the response you desire and a refund, i think you should still tell us who it was, so we can be more wary

Who in the hell is ganging up? We asked a simple question based off her thread, that she started ....Please people....this is not grad school
th_rolleye0014.gif
and why do we have to tip toe around every damn response...People need to get tougher skin already...I'm so done with this non issue of a thread

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Who in the hell is ganging up? We asked a simple question based off her thread, that she started ....Please people....this is not grad school
th_rolleye0014.gif
and why do we have to be tip toe around every damn response

not really, i just thought you guys were comming down a bit hard.
i totally see your point, maybe she should have waited to post this
but.. that being said, she's not gunna tell us, if she thinks your being nasty to her

i'm gunna butt out now, cos i dont want to argue with people on here! i like you guys!

figgy1982

What I will say is that Panda is one of the people who has mentioned her as a trusted seller, Panda clearly knows more than I ever will, so I am reluctant to state her name - giving her the benefit of the doubt until she responds, perhaps this is a one off for her.
Had I known that this thread would turn into this, I wouldn't have said anything, am not one for arguing on the net - or in real life.
Bye.
Mods, delete this thread if you wish.

elle25

I understand not wanting to cause trouble for a seller who may not have intentionally sold you a fake but I really believe that you should say who it is. No ones going to start abusing her or anything like that, the people here are very nice and just here to help. If this is a good seller gone bad, you should tell us so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. This forum is here to help and the best way to help is to name the seller so that everyone will be more aware.

TISH1124

^^ Correct and the Seller shouldn't be selling fakes anyway..that should not be the fault or burden of the buyer ....I never believe a seller buys fakes from a MAC counter...I believe they get them from other Ebay Sellers and resell them which sucks for the consumer when they are told they are getting Authentic MAC purchased directly from a MAC or CCO counter.

Panda I am crossing off all your trusted sellers from my list j/k
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

^Tish, I was just going to ask her if she knew where it came from. Figgy, you should ask her where she bought it (if you didn't already). Because unless she got it from a MAC counter/store, MAC's website or a CCO there is really now way she can know 100% that it is real and she should be claiming that it is and that she got it straight from MAC.

To me, the fakes hurt us as buyers because MAC is losing business (money) because of them and therefore their prices are going to go up. This affects us as buyers but doesn't hurt the sellers who sell fakes or the buyers who buy them... (I am talking about the people who just want "MAC" for the label and don't care that it's fake and will buy it without research or caring). Granted Estee Lauder should hire someone to report fakes to VERO so they will take action the way some of the handbag companies have. I think fake makeup is every worse in a way though because it's dangerous.