Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

dreamiez

Which of this is the real one for lovely lily?

I'm wondering if its tagged wrongly. for the darker shade purple.

DSCF3739.jpg

Julie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiez

DSCF3739.jpg

THe one on the left looks like it I have it and it is not like the one on the right at all

1165Cheryl

Quote:

DSCF3739.jpg

The one on the right for sure isnt lovely lily...

dreamiez

any idea what pigment could the darker shade of purple be?

I'm thinking it might be labelled wrongly.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
any idea what pigment could the darker shade of purple be?

I'm thinking it might be labelled wrongly.

Hi,

Did you order other colors with it, if so which ones? It looks like the top is on it and it kinda looks like a glitter. Do you have or can you take a closer up picture of it. If so that would help along with knowing what other colors you ordered with it . It's hard to say what it might be without seeing it closer.....

I hope we can help
thmbup.gif

1165Cheryl

MACNLAW....Is that you LJ??
yahoo.gif
By the name and profile I figured you out, lol. Thanks for the thanks
smiles.gif
Glad to see you here, let me know if it's you. I have something I need to have you check out. I'll also send you a PM and check back here tomorrow to make sure it's you.

1165Cheryl

MS Spring is a good seller, I've never bought from her since I buy direct but have heard all positive things about them. Their prices are high but besides that they are good sellers. I'll check out the other ones you listed as many others here will too. I noticed your new, welcome to specktra
smiles.gif
There are alot of good, nice people here that will help
thmbup.gif

MacNlaw

Hay babe, six months after your suggestion I finally joined. Your right, this place seems great and everyone is very nice from what I've seen. Do you or anyone else know if this Ebay seller is ok?
allymistymandy/
PM or email me the info and I'd be happy to help, I'll give you a buzz.

1165Cheryl

oops..this was suppose to be written as a quote to the above member about this seller: Do you or anyone else know if this Ebay seller is ok?
allymistymandy

I use to buy from her when I had my store on Ebay and needed a color fast. I always got authentic MAC from her and she's a great gal. I got a jar of Bell Bottom Blue from her around a month ago and it was authentic. From past experience she's great and have only seen & heard great things about her.

refelctions

My Acid Orange, I just need to be told it's authentic.
I'll post links, because i don't know how big they're going to be:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/IMG_0351.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/IMG_0352.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/IMG_0353.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/IMG_0354.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/IMG_0355.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/IMG_0356.jpg

What threw me off was the font was bolder than other pigments I have. The box says Made in USA, yet the jar says "Made in/Fabrique Au Canada"
The batch code is BB6.

Can someone ease my mind please?
smiles.gif

panda0410

^^The colour looks like Electric Coral to me, but that could be my settings.... everything else *looks* authentic to me, though pics of the base of the jar and some swatches would help a lot.

1165Cheryl

I got a full jar in from directly from MAC a few weeks ago and from what I can see so far by the box and jar yours looks OK. I have 2 full jars of it so I used both to compare yours and checked each and every angle of the box, flaps, ect. I took mine outside to see what the color looks like (since your's was taken outside?) like Panda mentioned a picture of the pigment would help. Electric coral and acid orange can look alot alike in pictures. So far I'd say yours looks real. If you have electric coral do a arm swatch of both, you'll be able to see the differance easily.

kerbear

hello!! i bought a couple of Pro pigments from evilbay and am unsure of whether they are real or not.... i've followed the excellent advise here and the box and the jars match up as okay but the pigment itself is very soft and almost like cornflour/talcum powder in texture. is this how pro pigments are? any help would be much appreciated=-D
i've checked the colours against the pro site and again they seem real but the texture just seems so different to my normal mac pigments.

panda0410

Texture is different for different colours - some are chunky, some are dry, some form balls in the jars, others dont. Would help if you told us which colours they are.

I also looked at evilbay profile... sellers that set to private, especially MAC items worry me. Additionally the seller is no longer a registered user.

kerbear

they are primary yellow and nocturnal plum. i think they are both kosher =-D, thankyou for trying to help though=-D

panda0410

Primary Yellow and Nocturnal Plum are both known fakes and the mattes are very difficult to tell apart from pics. MAC website swatches suck so you may still have counterfeits...

1165Cheryl

Here is a picture of a fake lid next to a real, thought it might help people new to pigments.

I got a MacPro order in last week and noted all three spiritualize jars I ordered came with no insert (first day they were in stock in the Canada store). Also lids on some of the other jars were slightly different. I got pro pigments, glitters, regular pigments and LE's and there were some slight differences (I got 17 jars) . On a few 1/2 way down the side of the lid it turned shiny, like it was a mfg error (jig-jag around the lid) but it was with more then just one shade. Another small thing was the ridge/edge was a bit shiny on the grape, not alot but enough to be different then others. These are things some people might not notice at all or others would and wonder. For the past 9 months to a year I've been making notes of any changes I see when my orders arrive and wanted to share this with all of you. One more thing, 2 different colored batch stickers for the same pigment color, one was a 2008 jar and other 2006.

Hope everyone had a great holiday
yes.gif

1165Cheryl

Hi again
smiles.gif
got another small MAC order in today and 2 of the gold modes didnt have inserts nor did the mauvement. I've been noticing the LE's havent been coming with them as much. The only other thing I noticed is the box's corners seem to get bent/knicked easier and the top when opening. Besides those 2 things nothing seemed different. I hope no one minds me giving updates like this when I get my MAC orders in and see changes. If I start repeating myself let me know, lol.