Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
@Reegz - I'm not a MAC expert on this but I really think that Chartreuse is fake. It looks just like pigments on the photos few posts above. And as I recall right, genuine pigments don't have any kind of paper inside the box.

And you are right, the Chartruese shown here is a fake! Take a closer look at the base of the jar and you will see why.

As for the paper, some do, some dont. This is normal! Some have eye and lip precautions and others are safe.

About the text, its NORMAL for there to be left and centre aligned text - but it DIRECTLY CORRELATES to the age of the pigment. MOST of the centrally aligned text are PRE 2006, the left aligned are POST 2006. However, this doesnt apply to all of them, many mattes and pro colours have exceptions to the rule.

Reegz

Comment removed
greengrin.gif

Reegz

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcwife27
Ive bought a few from ebay and a few from some sales here and on livejournal, Im a new MAC fanatic so this thread has scared me , some things seem good but then in another thread it seems its contradicting something else ive read so here we go are these legit??

Thanks Ladies!!!
winkiss.gif

auguss2009125.jpg

auguss2009118.jpg

auguss2009117.jpg

auguss2009113.jpg

Would it be possible for you to make the photos bigger hunnie? They are hard to see in detail.
smiles.gif

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reegz
Would it be possible for you to make the photos bigger hunnie? They are hard to see in detail.
smiles.gif

lol...they were big and i shrunk them on purpose thinking no one would want huge pics on here lol....off to do so
smiles.gif

panda0410

Its not necessarily the batch numbers we need, its the up close pics of the base of the jar, back of the jar and lids that we need. If you can get these we will be better able to help you, the pics you have here arent close enough.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reegz
So is there something glaringly obviously wrong with the the bottom of this jar that I am missing?? Sorry, I am just concerned. Hope you understand
wondering.gif

Thank you everyone xx

Yes there is! PM me your email addy and I will give you some more details.

Reegz

Quote:
well how do u recommend i take the pictures?? is there a certain setting i should be on??

If you upload them onto photobucket, you can upload them using a bigger size. Just chose large size.
smiles.gif

panda0410

Some of these are counterfeit.... Naked, Electric Coral, Lovely Lily to name a few are definitely counterfeit. I would like to see clearer close ups of the bases of Accent Red, Golden Lemon, Dazzleray, Gold Stroke and Frost.

Reegz

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Yes there is! PM me your email addy and I will give you some more details.

I just want to thank you so, so, so much!! You are an absolute superstar for getting all that information together and I can't thank you enough.

I wanted to let you know, that because of the information you armed me with, I was able to go straight back to the ebay seller and ask for a refund. I told them that I had proof that the items were fake, and she has immediately refunded my paypal money. Phew!! This is what she said.....

Dear Regan!
First of all I have just gave you full refund for both items.
I completely agree with your safety of not genuine items. And I am so sorry that those items didnt match the description. I am on ebay for 2 years already and my constant supplier was checked sevral times y local shops and professional from estee Lauder. But those items were from the new supplier and I guess you could be right. I thank you for letting me know. I will be very grateful if this case will just stay between us as you understand what can happen with me. Iam so deeply upset now. I bought only sevarl samples from the new supplier to try them and I do hope only you were unlucky.
I want to ask you to send them back to me I will def pay for postage for me to have futher investigation and to return them back to that person. Will you be able to do so please?
waiting for your reply.

I have told her I can't send it back till 21st Sept as I am on holiday, so I will see what she says when she gets my email.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks once again!!

Regan
th_DANCE.gif

usmcwife27

are the stickers on golders green, and fuchsia actuallt legit stickers? those silvery kinds with the name and number in the same print?? and can you point out to me what makes lovely lily etc fake?? I by no way paid cheaply for any of these pigments and i bought none in lots either

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Ive bought a few from ebay and a few from some sales here and on livejournal, Im a new MAC fanatic so this thread has scared me , some things seem good but then in another thread it seems its contradicting something else ive read so here we go are these legit??

Thanks Ladies!!!
winkiss.gif

auguss2009125.jpg

auguss2009118.jpg

auguss2009117.jpg

auguss2009113.jpg

OUCH.... sorry but it looks like they are all fakes... maybe not Frost and Dazzleray, a closer pick would be needed... a pick of the bottom taken from straight right above the jar.

Latest posts