Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

SakurasamaLover

Well some batch code simply does'nt exist.. like your Kelly Green and Teal and well, if you own the color you can see that some are obviously fakes.. and well Panda got the most information on this but if you are use to it, there some obvious difference on how the jar is made.

The best way to be able to tell them appart is to own a couple and then compare them side to side, with the guides here you can see how they are fake.

usmcwife27

i havent used any of these pigments yet, and the only ones i actually purchase in store was "push the edge", brash and bold, deep blue green and cornflower. i will take more pics of "all" of them. the ones i bought on ebay i will just tell the sellers there fake and see what they said. ive just bought soo many recently its hard to keep track what I got from who??
ssad.gif

usmcwife27

I Have about 65 pigments I bought recently. Should I post all the pics here or could I email any of you privately so you can help me??

Thanks!!

darklocke

Using the "search"-function might be helpful. It's helped me many times deciding whether or not to buy from a certain seller. That way you don't have to read every single post and page!

Reegz

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcwife27
who was the seller? was it any of these??

shannonalbert30
minieboop
prettygoddess1
mlrosati
randallb8583

Nope. It was Pistol7272 x

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
Using the "search"-function might be helpful. It's helped me many times deciding whether or not to buy from a certain seller. That way you don't have to read every single post and page!

great!! i will try that!! thank u
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

I agree, some it's very clear they are fakes...so sorry you had to go through this.

On another subject, wanted to let you guys know. I got glitters from Mac cosmetics and both box's are different then MAC Pro's normal box's of the same color I got in the past. On one side there's a overlay of 2 layers of the box. I checked the last ones I got from MP at both were not like that. So another small change/differance. Wanted to let people know they do make small changes that we dont know about unless you buy direct and more of 1 of a color. When comparing jars, sometimes if it's different batch numbers you might see small differances, not always but sometimes.

panda0410

Post a pic hun
smiles.gif
What we do know is that MAC has upgraded and altered packaging details very recently, like in the last couple of collections so any new info is something than can be collated and then correlated to the age of the item (A bit like the text on the back of the jars
winks.gif
)

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
OUCH.... sorry but it looks like they are all fakes... maybe not Frost and Dazzleray, a closer pick would be needed... a pick of the bottom taken from straight right above the jar.

I think the Golders Green is possibly Ok too
smiles.gif

Quote:
I Have about 65 pigments I bought recently. Should I post all the pics here or could I email any of you privately so you can help me??

Thanks!!

You can email me if you like, just PM me your email addy and I'll mail you back
winks.gif

Its getting far too risky to buy pigments off ebay and atm there are only a handful people offhand that I would buy them from - list below ~

my-boo-kitty
julie150463 (also Cocktail Cosmetics)
charleyandemily (Also Love-makeup)
denisef609
mizmanufacture
stellakarpiny (previously well known pigment seller)

There are others but these are the people I repeat purchase from
smiles.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Out of all the "details" there is of fake pigments, which of the things is the one that "mostly" points toward a fake??

There is only ONE thing that can be relied upon independantly to determine lack of authenticity, but - and this is the catch - NOT ALL FAKES HAVE IT. In those cases you simply have to look at EVERYTHING. Even in the fakes with the giveaway sign I still look at other features as well since these pigments usually have more than one flaw.

Latest posts