Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

panda0410

I need the base of the jars - clear and close up, and the backs of the jars, again clear and close up. A pic of the pigment itself would be good as well since many of the fakes and totally off base for texture/colour etc. If you dont have the boxes thats Ok, I can usually tell just from the jar, but if you do have the boxes I'm after the back, lid and base of the box
smiles.gif
Send as many as you want, I have some free time up my sleeve
winks.gif

I looked at the pics here, but some of them arent close enough or the angles are off because I cant see a clear view of the base.

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I need the base of the jars - clear and close up, and the backs of the jars, again clear and close up. A pic of the pigment itself would be good as well since many of the fakes and totally off base for texture/colour etc. If you dont have the boxes thats Ok, I can usually tell just from the jar, but if you do have the boxes I'm after the back, lid and base of the box
smiles.gif
Send as many as you want, I have some free time up my sleeve
winks.gif

I looked at the pics here, but some of them arent close enough or the angles are off because I cant see a clear view of the base.

okie dokey ill start workin on this right away
smiles.gif

thanks so much!! i really appreciate it
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcwife27
i rcvd my push the edge and brash n bold from mac.com and what was funny was that both boxes has the little imprints on the box cover the 2 dots which are ointed out as little extra tags sticking out (as if theye were torn apart) i thought that was weirs since i read that was a fake detaiL?

Hi...are you talking about the 2 crimps on thesides on the top where in folds into the box? If so they have been doing that for a couple of years now. I think it started in 2007, I would have to check my notes. I'm checking the ones I got in from MAC and dont see any "dot's"

If it is the crimps, the fake ones have them torn, where MACS are a indented line of crimp.

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Hi...are you talking about the 2 crimps on thesides on the top where in folds into the box? If so they have been doing that for a couple of years now. I think it started in 2007, I would have to check my notes. I'm checking the ones I got in from MAC and dont see any "dot's"

If it is the crimps, the fake ones have them torn, where MACS are a indented line of crimp.

yes maam
smiles.gif
i never owned any pigments until these so i wasnt sure if those indentions were good or bad lol..
smiles.gif

Reegz

Just wanted to let you guys know the latest with my fake pigment drama...

After the email I received from the seller saying she had refunded me (that I posted a few posts back) I sent the following email to her.....

Thank you for the refund. I can certainly send them back to you,
but I am going on holiday tomorrow to Tenerife for 2 weeks, so I
will have to send them on Monday 21st Sept. I bought them to
take with me to wear out in the evening, but I will have to get
replacements once I get home. I will not take this any further
with ebay, but you really should check the rest of the items that
you bought from the same supplier. They have ripped you off
and could get you in a whole heap of trouble. If trading
standards found out you would be fined a lot of money, and you
could even get in trouble with the police. It's scary stuff!

She replied with this.......

Thank you very much for your advice and thank you about keeping it between us. I couldnt sleep all night, iam so deeply upset. But when you are back i will send you the address to post them back and I will need to retun them to that supplier to get my money back. Its good that there were just sumples.
Thank you again

I really don't think I should send it back. My husband told me I should contact trading standards to stop this happening to any other innocent people from purchasing counterfeit mac goods from her. So, I think I should keep hold of the fakes to show TS, or to even send to Estee Lauder for them to investigate. If this woman thinks I am gonna believe that this was a one off, then she must think I was born yesterday!!
nonono.gif

What is the best way to go ahead with this? Or do I just leave it?
th_dunno.gif

P.S. The woman can't spell for toffee and uses quite bad english. She says she is from UK, but I have my doubts.

P.P.S. I am not going on holiday till Friday, I just told her that to buy me some more time lol!!

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reegz
Just wanted to let you guys know the latest with my fake pigment drama...

After the email I received from the seller saying she had refunded me (that I posted a few posts back) I sent the following email to her.....

Thank you for the refund. I can certainly send them back to you,
but I am going on holiday tomorrow to Tenerife for 2 weeks, so I
will have to send them on Monday 21st Sept. I bought them to
take with me to wear out in the evening, but I will have to get
replacements once I get home. I will not take this any further
with ebay, but you really should check the rest of the items that
you bought from the same supplier. They have ripped you off
and could get you in a whole heap of trouble. If trading
standards found out you would be fined a lot of money, and you
could even get in trouble with the police. It's scary stuff!

She replied with this.......

Thank you very much for your advice and thank you about keeping it between us. I couldnt sleep all night, iam so deeply upset. But when you are back i will send you the address to post them back and I will need to retun them to that supplier to get my money back. Its good that there were just sumples.
Thank you again

I really don't think I should send it back. My husband told me I should contact trading standards to stop this happening to any other innocent people from purchasing counterfeit mac goods from her. So, I think I should keep hold of the fakes to show TS, or to even send to Estee Lauder for them to investigate. If this woman thinks I am gonna believe that this was a one off, then she must think I was born yesterday!!
nonono.gif

What is the best way to go ahead with this? Or do I just leave it?
th_dunno.gif

P.S. The woman can't spell for toffee and uses quite bad english. She says she is from UK, but I have my doubts.

P.P.S. I am not going on holiday till Friday, I just told her that to buy me some more time lol!!

wow thats nuts. she'll say anything to avoid being reported. when in the world will they stop using the term "supplier"?? we all know there is no such thing as a supplier my goodness eeek
nonono.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Post a pic hun
smiles.gif
What we do know is that MAC has upgraded and altered packaging details very recently, like in the last couple of collections so any new info is something than can be collated and then correlated to the age of the item (A bit like the text on the back of the jars
winks.gif
)

Hi hon...I wasnt sure if this post was for me? Either way it's a good idea, I'll charge my camera and take some pics
thmbup.gif
Hope all is going ok?
Big hugs xoxox

panda0410

YAY, thanks babe
winks.gif
Some pics would be great! Things are going good, better than good right now and life is looking much brighter than it has it the past few months
bigheart.gif
Gonna PM you
winks.gif

Eleentje

Wow, this thread has been so informative for me. It had definitely put me off from making any rash decisions regarding buying pigments on ebay. I am just starting on my MAC collection, so I wouldn't have any real boxes/jars to make a comparison with. Thanks to reviews on ebay and youtube videos, which most likely had used information from this forum, I avoided purchasing fake pigments twice now.

Thanks a lot, girls!
thmbup.gif

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
Wow, this thread has been so informative for me. It had definitely put me off from making any rash decisions regarding buying pigments on ebay. I am just starting on my MAC collection, so I wouldn't have any real boxes/jars to make a comparison with. Thanks to reviews on ebay and youtube videos, which most likely had used information from this forum, I avoided purchasing fake pigments twice now.

Thanks a lot, girls!
thmbup.gif

i know isnt it?? i purchased some piggies and they wer all fake, thank goodness for these ladies!!!

Almost black.

I must admit I don't purchase MAC on ebay at all. I haven't even tried because I know many girls that got fake items - pigments, l/s, brushes, etc.

But, about the brushes - many of the girls that got fake brushes claim that that some fakes are really, really good so they do use them (well, after all, they paid for them so I think that fake MAC brush won't hurt them) .

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
I must admit I don't purchase MAC on ebay at all. I haven't even tried because I know many girls that got fake items - pigments, l/s, brushes, etc.

But, about the brushes - many of the girls that got fake brushes claim that that some fakes are really, really good so they do use them (well, after all, they paid for them so I think that fake MAC brush won't hurt them) .

i agree. i never bought mac on ebay, until recently but wont make that mistake again. i agree with the brushes. my friend (well a girl from a forum) sells replicas and she has a 8pc brush set which is identical to mac brushes, i paid i think $25 or $30 and its an awesome set and super soft brushes. numbers inscribed like mac even says made in france/usa whatever lol....

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Hi hon...I wasnt sure if this post was for me? Either way it's a good idea, I'll charge my camera and take some pics
thmbup.gif
Hope all is going ok?
Big hugs xoxox

I took the pics, now just need time to download them. My Dark Soul from MAC came weird too, it was only filled to the word MAC on the jar. I've been noticing some pigments are coming with less & less in them
ssad.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
I took the pics, now just need time to download them. My Dark Soul from MAC came weird too, it was only filled to the word MAC on the jar. I've been noticing some pigments are coming with less & less in them
ssad.gif

(FYI: THESE ARE NOT FAKES, I PUT THIS IN THIS THREAD ANSWERING A QUESTION. BOTH PICTURES ARE OF NEW GLITTERS PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM MAC)

I finally got the pictures taken, this happened with both glitters from my recent MAC Cosmetics order. MP at the moment cant ship glitters to the U.S. due to custom problems, I hope they fix it soon.

Attachment 9688

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Please tell me you're not talking about baby gaga. I hope it's not Brightside/ Suzy because I wrote a lengthy e-mail to Estee Lauder security regarding her boutique of fakes. Some of the mothers using those pigments purposely really disturbed me after researching her and her attitude problem down. I get the fake purse/diaper bag thing but those cosmetics the mothers are buying aren't tested like she claims. She sure knows a lot about Asian shipping is all I'm saying so those aren't being handled the way her site says. Those same brushes you bought can easily be resold by some Ebay seller with no morals....I hope it's not the same person because that would be irony and a half.

lol nope. although i am on that forum since i had a baby recently. but i have no clue who that is lol...and ive never bought makeup on there, only handmade baby bows