http://aycu20.webshots.com/image/273...0864082_rs.jpg
http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/295...2902133_rs.jpg
http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/288...5061175_rs.jpg

Seem dodgy?

Thanks for the recs wolfsong!
greengrin.gif
Will try those sellers!

ShexyKristin

If you tested the pigments on the inside or your arm and had no problems allergy, etc wise is it okay to use them?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShexyKristin
If you tested the pigments on the inside or your arm and had no problems allergy, etc wise is it okay to use them?

I wouldnt use a fake at any time - you dont and cant know whats in it...

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I wouldnt use a fake at any time - you dont and cant know whats in it...

Agreed. You never know what harmful ingredients/substances were/may be used to make the rubbish fakes. Rat poison? Bleach? They don't care because all they want is money money MONEY. :/

1165Cheryl

Those pics dont like right, the coloring and the top of the box..There are quite a few new sellers selling full size fakes. I buy full sizes all the time, mostly directly from Mac but also on ebay. I noticed someone selling full jars that didnt look right and emailed for more info & pics, I never got a answer. They knew I would be able to tell and fake. In the last few weeks I've reported 2 fake sellers. I recently bought from someone somewhat new just to see if they are real or not.

Hi,
You are talking about pigmets, and the others products?? foundation, powder ...
How can I recognize the difference between A and C?
Thanks!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Lins Sulia
Hi,
You are talking about pigmets, and the others products?? foundation, powder ...
How can I recognize the difference between A and C?
Thanks!

the guide posted in this thread is just for pigments. you need to go back to the start of this thread and read the guide and have a look at all the pics. then if you have any questions about a certain pigment post your pics and question in a new thread - there is always someone about here to help
smiles.gif

rockin

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and to MAC, and I would really like to thank wolfsong for bringing to my attention the fact that I had purchased counterfeit MAC pigments from a couple of ebay sellers, the first of which arrived this morning from cutebabydoll6.

I haven't found my way around this forum yet, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

These jars all have the thicker base, but like the real thing the lids do not go all the way down. Instead of the flat plastic seal inside, with numbers on, these have a strange clear plastic affair with a nozzle-like bit in the middle, having a small clearly sticky seal over the top of it. The stickers on the bases of the jars are just small round clear stickers with numbers on.

The boxes look quite good at first glance, but the white side of the cardboard is not as bright white as the genuine article, and the text isn't either. All colours have the same identical barcode printed directly onto the bottom of the box, with a clear number sticker matching the number on the base of the jar, and you do get that slightly shiney look on the black if you rub your nail over it, as I saw in the description on here. There are no stickers on the tops of the boxes at all.

It won't allow me to start a PayPal dispute yet, as it is not yet 10 days from the date of purchase, but I have written requesting a full refund in view of the items being counterfeit.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
these have a strange clear plastic affair with a nozzle-like bit in the middle, having a small clearly sticky seal over the top of it.

Welcome, and thanks for the info! Is there anyway you can post a photo of this - ive never heard of this kind of thing before and im a tad intrigued?

I didnt know they had started to copy the clear inserts - thats a bit worrying. Its odd that different counterfeit pigs have different traits of authentic MAC - if they just put them all together they'd be almost perfect...

rockin

If it hadn't been for wolfsong, I wouldn't have known about Specktra and would be totally unaware of the problem.

I'm quite expecting the purchase from princess_semia786 to be exactly the same as these
ssad.gif

wolfsong

Thanks for posting them - thats so bizarre! MAC has shallow semi opaque 'lids' in the jars. They are flat except for a couple of ridges, the (generic) codes and the outer rim.
Yet another piece of evidence against the seller.
Good luck with the case - though by the looks of things you dont need it!

rockin

The seller says she believes them to be genuine LOL, and asked what made me think they might be fakes ! To her credit, she has said that if I'm not happy I can send them back and she will refund me.

Trouble is, that means she will just sell them to another unsuspecting mug.
Do MAC have somewhere I can email with her details, such as VERO? I've already reported the auction to ebay.

wolfsong

MAC surprisingly doesnt care about counterfeit sellers. However for some reason they put their foot down on sample selling on ebay - go figure...

You can warn other buyers by leaving negative feedback - but you risk getting it back unless she has already left yours. You can respond to feedback on your account so it wont matter too much if she gives you one.

I personally regret withdrawing my negative feedback with the seller that i filed a dispute with (fake MAC glitter) - i wish i could redo it because they were in the wrong.

You can also report the seller to ebay (different from reporting the actual auction - which they do little about).

There is a VERO system up on ebay, but theyre has to be copywrite infringment/stolen photos to do anything about it.

Its almost guaranteed the seller knows they are fakes - they bought pigments for 50p - a pound each. I really dont want to think there are people that naive lol!

rockin

She has already left positive feedback for me. I won't be afraid to neg, regardless, as I think others need to be warned. I will, however, wait until I have my refund before I leave feedback. I'll open a PayPal dispute as soon as I can, so that they are aware, too.

I'm surprised that MAC aren't interested in counterfeits, though, as dangerous fakes will get them a bad name.

1165Cheryl

hi,

I'm sorry since your new to MAC you already had to deal with a fake. Like others before this guote thesesare for sure fakes, MAC does not make ther platic lids like that.

It takes time to learn the in's and outs of this site but you'll get use to it and it's the best forum I belong to. Everyone here are very helpful. there are forums that show what real jars look like. If you buy from a new seller on ebay feel free to check them out here first, most of us have been around MAC for many years.
Have a great weekend
cheerleader.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
If it hadn't been for wolfsong, I wouldn't have known about Specktra and would be totally unaware of the problem.

I'm quite expecting the purchase from princess_semia786 to be exactly the same as these
ssad.gif

rockin

Can you believe PayPal have asked me to send the fakes back to the seller at my own expense?!! I am not at all happy with that
ssad.gif

Also, check this out, which I have just come across http://cgi.ebay.com/100-AUTH-28-BRAN...QQcmdZViewItem

There is already one bidder on this auction, with 5 lots, and the seller has a lot of other "MAC" items listed, including more of the same.

Latest posts