Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

rockin

I offered to email photos, but the lady at Estee Lauder said they would need to have the goods in their hands before they could write any letters. I even mentioned Specktra when she asked how I knew they were fake

Xqueeze_me

I think Paypal requires more info re the fake MAC because a lot of people have been complaining about it.

It's shibby that you have to send the stuff to Estee Lauder or back to the criminal at your expense!! :/ I think Paypal wants you to send them an official documentation saying that the fakes you bought are fakes because a lot of people have been filing disputes regarding fake MAC.

According the people I asked and some of the posts here (can't find it!
ssad.gif
boo), you can't get MAC employees especially the ones at the store or counters to write a letter to verify that the MAC you got from eBay are fakes.

Did you try to get Trading Standards involved in this?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Scheming business that ebay/paypal is.

Ugh I know! Seems like they protect the criminals more than the buyers because the sellers bring them more money...

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me

According the people I asked and some of the posts here (can't find it!
ssad.gif
boo), you can't get MAC employees especially the ones at the store or counters to write a letter to verify that the MAC you got from eBay are fakes.

Did you try to get Trading Standards involved in this?

Thank you for saving me the bother of trying to contact a MAC store or concession. I couldn't have got to one anyway, not without a long bus journey.

When I phone Trading Standards, the call is diverted to Consumer Direct. When I first contacted them, they told me that TS would be very interested, and took the details. When I phoned them again today to find out what's happening and ask about getting documentary proof of the items being fake, I was told that TS probably wouldn't come out to see the goods, but would try to buy from the seller, so I was advised to contact the manufacturer - hence my call to Estee Lauder

1165Cheryl

HI,

THERES A NEW SELLER ON EBAY AND I JUST WON SOMETHING FROM HER, FIRST TO SEE IF SHE'S SELLING FAKES AND 2ND CAUSE IF IT'S NOT I REALLY NEED THAT COLOR. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT
beautymarksdesigners ? I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT SOON
smiles.gif
SHE'S ALSO CHARGING SALES TAX WHICH I INFORMED HER WAS NOT LEGAL.

wolfsong

Definitely fakes, also they wouldnt have /lovely/ names such as "brown/old gold"... 8 pounds for a pigment is too cheap (for buy it now).

1165Cheryl

For Sure These Are Fakes, The Jars Not Right, The Names Used And The Price. When I See A Name I've Never Heard Of I Always Research It First...thats Good Your Going To Report It. Theres One In The U.s. Thats Doing The Same Thing And I Reported Her 2 Times So Far...

rockin

It's a shame ebay don't seem to do anything about it, but it makes me feel a bit better, as I've tried to prevent someone else inadvertently buying fakes.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Definitely fakes, also they wouldnt have /lovely/ names such as "brown/old gold"... 8 pounds for a pigment is too cheap (for buy it now).

Ditto and GROSS! Even the names are crap!

I'm glad you guys are able to identify fakes now! Yippee!!
smiles.gif

rockin

Update on my PayPal dispute

Trading Standards phoned me yesterday to say that they'd passed it on to TS in my seller's area, and asked me to hold on to the pigment in case they decided to come and view it. If they are unable to make a purchase from the seller (and I think she's sold all of it) they might want to.

I have contacted PayPal asking for a time extension, as there is no way I will now be able to get the pigment to Estee Lauder and get a written reply back by 9th November, and they said they cannot grant an extension, despite the circumstances. The dispute will be closed on 9th November if I don't get the documentary confirmation to them by then.

Apparently I do then have 10 days to appeal, so I hope TS hurry up. I'm still going to have to pay out of my own pocket to send the pigment to Estee Lauder for verification, though
ssad.gif

I've also noticed that my seller, cutebabydoll6, is now selling Bobbi Brown Lip Liner (in Chocolate) for a ridiculously low price (and without the pencil sharpener that apparently comes with it if you buy from the Bobbi Brown website). She's bought these lipliners from another ebayer, gjgkdl14, who seems to have rather a lot of these at very low prices. I suspect these must be fakes, and it doesn't look like they're using their own pictures either. Certainly cutebabydoll6 is using the exact same pictures as gjgkdl14

wolfsong

Its great that you are doing this! If you manage to kick off a seller or two, then you have saved their future buyers from wasting money on, and receiving potentially harmful counterfeit MAC. Also they will not have to waste time and expense (like you are now) if they realise the items are fakes.

It also gives hope to anyone here that you can actually win (fingers crossed) even with these new paypal regulations. I can understand that they need to protect the seller from dishonest buyers, but this is done so effectively with their 'send the item back in original condition before receiving refund' rule. Switching product scams can be in play, but when the auction shows a product with clear counterfeit traits (as yours did), then this point is redundant.

1165Cheryl

Fyi, There Is A Person/group On Ebay Getting Into Sellers Accounts And Shill Bidding Without The Seller Knowing So They Can Bill The Winner Much More Into A False Account. They Changed The Winning Bid Amount On This One Gal Who Won Lipstick Thinking It Was 1 Price But When Got Invoiced It Was For 300.00. The Real Seller Wasnt Getting Paid For Things, The Fake Seller Was. The Real Seller Wasnt Even Aware Until I Noticed Last Night That Something Weird Was Going On And Told Her There Was Shill Bidding Going On. I've Ordered From Her Before And Totally Trust Her. To Make A Long Story Short, The Police Got Involved And Put A Trace On The "pretend Seller" And They Busted Her Big Time!! Who Knows If She's Part Of A Group Or A Single Person, I Was Only Kept Updated To A Certain Point And Was Told They Had Caught Her. More And More Things Are Happening At Ebay Which Is To Bad, Years Ago I Felt Alot Safer Their Then I Do Now. Thankfully I Have The Experiance To Know What To Look For Not Only For Me But To Help Others.

rockin

I am today sending the fake pigments I bought from cutebabydoll6 and princess_semia786 to Estee Lauder to get their written confirmation that these items are fake. Time is running short for my appeal, and Trading Standards have now confirmed that they do not need to see the pigments.

In checking the seller information, I discovered that cutebabydoll6 has sold another 2 jars, fully aware now that they are fake. She's actually called them 'MAC style' now. What's the betting these are jars that were returned by another buyer when they realised they were fake, and she's trying again to sell them?

I have reported the auctions, but it may be too late as the buyers may have already paid. I don't know if one of you longer-term members would like to email them and let them know?

I'm off out to the Post Office now with those jars.

wolfsong

Thats equally illegal - its knowingly selling counterfeit goods (even if they say 'mac style' its copywrite etc.

That could help your case if you send those auction links to the seller via paypal dispute messaging (they'll see they are selling 'mac style' and sold you 'mac').

rockin

Cutebabydoll6 has now listed a whole load more fakes, which I was alerted to when someone just ASQ'd me saying they were thinking of buying pigment from her and wanted to know why I though they were fakes. I am about to report them, but I would be grateful if others could do the same. Hopefully, the more reports they get, the more chance there is of ebay removing the listings.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Cutebabydoll6 has now listed a whole load more fakes, which I was alerted to when someone just ASQ'd me saying they were thinking of buying pigment from her and wanted to know why I though they were fakes. I am about to report them, but I would be grateful if others could do the same. Hopefully, the more reports they get, the more chance there is of ebay removing the listings.

Done! The seller is not only selling them cheap but also stealing pictures from different sellers to cover her tracks. Postage to Australia is 4 pounds and additional item is 4 pounds each. What a bloody rip-off.

I hope eBay won't reply with that robotic bullshit saying they will look into it because I know they won't.