Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

rockin

Thank you
smiles.gif

I have advised thebodyneeds that cutebabydoll6 is using her photos. Hopefully she might report her for using her pictures, and they're more likely to remove the listings for that.

rockin

I have received a reply from the prospective buyer, thanking me. She ASQ'd cutebabydoll6 to ask if they were genuine and was told that they were MAC Style, which she agrees she missed on reading the listing.

I have also reported to Trading Standards that the seller has more stock and is listing it. If they make a trial purchase and find it to be fake, she could be in big trouble.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I have received a reply from the prospective buyer, thanking me. She ASQ'd cutebabydoll6 to ask if they were genuine and was told that they were MAC Style, which she agrees she missed on reading the listing.

I have also reported to Trading Standards that the seller has more stock and is listing it. If they make a trial purchase and find it to be fake, she could be in big trouble.

Well done, rockin!
smiles.gif
Karma!
greengrin.gif

The disgusting evil things people would do for money. UGH.

wolfsong

Im so glad you are being proactive about these sellers! Big thankyous to anyone that bothers to do something - taking 5 minutes to report and contact a seller etc. It does help, and there are sellers that will listen to you and remove their stock when they know its counterfeit.

rockin

I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat now!

I've just had a call from MAC regarding the fake pigment which I sent to them. Naturally, they confirmed it was fake, and they are happy to provide the letter to help me with my PayPal claim. They also asked to keep the pigment, which I said was fine as long as they noted that in the letter. Then they offered to reimburse me and send me a freebie as well to thank me for all the information I had supplied. Sounds like MAC are interested in fake sellers, after all
thmbup.gif

I told them about the other seller which I believed to be connected in some way to my seller, and they noted that, too. They are very interested in getting these sellers closed down.

I also had a second person ASQ me for further information about the neg, and I was happy to put her in the picture.

A friend of mine is a Powerseller, and when I told him about our crusade, he said he would be happy to report listings for me as a Powerseller might carry a bit more weight than us 'mere mortals'
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat now!

I've just had a call from MAC regarding the fake pigment which I sent to them. Naturally, they confirmed it was fake, and they are happy to provide the letter to help me with my PayPal claim. They also asked to keep the pigment, which I said was fine as long as they noted that in the letter. Then they offered to reimburse me and send me a freebie as well to thank me for all the information I had supplied. Sounds like MAC are interested in fake sellers, after all
thmbup.gif

I told them about the other seller which I believed to be connected in some way to my seller, and they noted that, too. They are very interested in getting these sellers closed down.

I also had a second person ASQ me for further information about the neg, and I was happy to put her in the picture.

A friend of mine is a Powerseller, and when I told him about our crusade, he said he would be happy to report listings for me as a Powerseller might carry a bit more weight than us 'mere mortals'
smiles.gif

YAY!!! OH YEA!!!!!!

GLAD to hear the great news!!! Yippee!!! Too bad Australian MAC wasn't THAT interested when I informed them of fake MAC Pigments in April 2007 BUT I'm glad you have made a difference and got MAC involved in shutting down the sellers!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

rockin

LOL, I like those Village People smilies!! and the dancing bananas!

I have to say, I was gobsmacked at MAC's response - far better than I was expecting
smiles.gif

wolfsong

Did you get to pick the freebie? Can you still get a refund through the seller (even if MAC gives you one)? The seller owes you the money, and will profit from selling the counterfeit items until they hand over the refund (the only way they'll learn at this point is if they loose cash) - whatever MAC decides to give you is a happy extra in my book, and should be seen as a 'thank you' and not a reimbursement.

rockin

They did ask what I wanted, but to be honest, I was so gobsmacked that I couldn't think off the top of my head, but I told them the sort of thing I was buying and they asked what type of colours, and said that obviously they had some idea of colours from what I had sent them, so it's going to be a surprise LOL

They said they are sending me the letter, so that I can still pursue my PayPal claim, and also said that if Trading Standards are already involved, then even better!

So it looks like the seller will have to refund, and will have MAC and possibly TS going after them, and I will have my refund from the seller, the money from MAC and a freebie.
smiles.gif

wolfsong

Its great that MAC were not all 'you made your bed, now lay in it' about the fakes you bought off ebay - that they can see the bigger picture. They are probably subtly enticing you to buy from the company - at least if there are issues MAC is proving that they'll sort it out (may just be paranoia projecting from me though!).
Its wonderful to hear MAC is actually willing to do something about the sellers too!

rockin

Oh dear, I see one of her latest buyers has given her positive feedback! I've dropped them an ASQ with a link to one of the guides, so she can see for herself that what she's bought isn't genuine.

rockin

Hmm, at first I thought the colour looked a little wrong, but then I noticed the spacing on the lettering on the box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mac-pigment-ey...QQcmdZViewItem

All this seller's pigments are shown in the box, so the jar is not clearly visible, and only the very front of the box is shown. Also the listings are private, which would suggest to me that the seller doesn't want to run the risk of their bidders being alerted to the fake pigment

Seller's name is verity380 and they have 100% feedback, total 48, most of which is from selling 'Mulberry' handbags, which I would hazard a guess (not knowing bags) were fake.

wolfsong

Way of getting around the 'private auction' thing - contact buyers when they/the seller leaves feedback (only really works if they dont sell legit items/other products).

dizzygal

Quote:
Hmm, at first I thought the colour looked a little wrong, but then I noticed the spacing on the lettering on the box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mac-pigment-ey...QQcmdZViewItem

All this seller's pigments are shown in the box, so the jar is not clearly visible, and only the very front of the box is shown. Also the listings are private, which would suggest to me that the seller doesn't want to run the risk of their bidders being alerted to the fake pigment

Seller's name is verity380 and they have 100% feedback, total 48, most of which is from selling 'Mulberry' handbags, which I would hazard a guess (not knowing bags) were fake.

Looks very blue? doesnt it Well spotted and clock the brushes

rockin

Yep, I've mentioned the brushes on another thread. I've reported the lot, and asked my Powerseller friend to report them, too.