Illamasqua Generation Q Collection

singer82

Generation Q is a celebration of beauty. Ageless, and without limits or restrictions. It’s our declaration to the world that beauty is inclusive, not exclusive. In fact, Generation Q is a clear message to everybody, everywhere that beauty is not young, old, black, white, male or female, but anything, everything and everyone. If you’re someone who does not want age to define them, don’t want to blend in and fade away, you are Generation Q.

I am so excited for this collection! I've passed on some MAC collections, and am on a pass (except Marylin) until the holiday collection to save up for this. I love the concept so much!

Here's the colour story and the promo images... I highlighted my for sure's in red.

Palettes ($42.50 / £34.00)

• Complement Palette: Powder Eye Shadow in Slink (Soft champagne, shimmer finish), New Liquid Metal in Focus (Cool brown metal, metallic cream), Powder Eye Shadow in Forgiveness (Rich chocolate plum, matt finish) and New Pressed Pure Pigment in Queen of the Night (Blackened plum, shimmer finish)
  • Empower Palette: Powder Eye Shadow in Blink (Neutral flesh tone, matt finish), Powder Eye Shadow in Synth (Iridescent pale pink, shimmer finish), New Pressed Pure Pigment in Fervent (Reddish/blue/brown/green, shimmer finish) and New Liquid Metal in Slick (Anthracite metal, shimmer finish)- I love this one too but cant afford both

Precision Ink ($27.50 / £17.00)

• Wisdom: Antiqued gold (New)

Lipstick ($22.00 / £15.50)

• Underworld: Blueberry violet shimmer (Permanent) - I want this lippy! It's gorgeous. But its perm so I might pass
  • Magnetism: Deep raspberry pink (New)

Intense Lipgloss ($20.00 / £13.00)

• Opulent: Rainbow beige (New)
  • Boost: Blueberry violet (New) - I'll probably back this baby up! The swatches look AMAZING

Gleam ($tba / £18.00) (New)
Lightweight compact highlighter, iridescent formulation lifts and highlights wherever applied

Powder Blushers ($24.00 / £18.00)

• Sophie: Golden coral shimmer (New)- My list is pretty big so I dont know if I can afford this
  • Allure: Dusky rose pink shimmer (New)

Nail Varnishes ($14.00 / £13.50)

• Creator: Magical black (New)
  • Charisma: Deep raspberry pink (New)

singer82

Here's some swatches... http://www.swatchandlearn.com/illamasqua-charisma-swatches-review/ - the Charisma polish. Absolutely gorgeous! http://www.wiseshe.com/2012/08/illamasqua-lipstick-magnetism-review-swatches-fotd.html - Magnetism lipstick http://www.wiseshe.com/2012/08/illamasqua-complement-palette-review-swatches-eotd.html - Compliment quad http://www.makeup4all.com/illamasqua-generation-q-makeup-collection-preview-and-swatches/ - Wisdom liner (beautiful!), Boost gloss (love this!!!!! Probably will be backing this up), and Allure blush. http://www.karlapowell.co.uk/ - Empower quad

singer82

I realized that I have colors simular to ones in the Empower Quad. I mostly wanted Empower cause of Fervent, but its a perm pigment so I'll just get that. I have enough shimmery pinks and the gunmetal color looks simular to MUFE #1 aqua cream. So I think I'll go with Complement Quad now.

tats

Thank you for creating this thread and for the links :)
I passed MAC Style Seeker for this collection (or I will pass when it's here)
This collection is fantastic, can't wait to get my hands on some of the products.

I will definitely get:
- Empower quad
- Opulent lip gloss
- Allure blush

Maybe:
- Complement quad
- Magnetism lipstick
- Boost lip gloss

Not sure about Sophie blush, depends on how it compares to NARS Torrid that I already own :)

Prettypackages

LOve the idea of this collex... targeted toward older women of all races... except who is representing the Latina women? IJS, not picking a fight.

OctoberViolet

Hot diggity!!! Thank you Singer82! I can't wait to get my hands on these.
graucho.gif

Genn

I want the complement quad. I have to go a low buy for lip products right now. I thought I was safe until Marilyn. guess not.
icon_eek.gif

singer82

Just noticed the liner is $27! Anybody know a dupe cause it's so gosh darn pretty not to get, but $27 :shock:

tats

I've noticed a price rise on some of the items in this collection. Blushers went up from £16.50 to £18 here in UK.. Not happy with the price rise at all :( Even quads are £4 dearer.. all adds up... That will definitly influence how many items I will get.. (obviously less that I would have done)

tats

I found more swathes here: http://rankingdecosmeticos.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/illamasqua-colecao-generation-q.html

Oh I really want both of those quads
heart.gif
Arent they gorgeous???

Btw Sophie blush does remind me of NARS Torrid a lot.. I don't think I will be getting that one :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Those quads look gorgeous. I also love the antique gold liner and the purple gloss. And "Evelyn" is exactly what I want to look like when I reach that age.

aradhana

Those quads look gorgeous. I also love the antique gold liner and the purple gloss. And "Evelyn" is exactly what I want to look like when I reach that age.
yep lovin the quads!
but also the lipstick and gloss....on the verge of placing an order...

i'd want to look like any of those ladies...though probably most likely to look like a cross between the last two! :)

Prettypackages

I think I love Evelyn's look the best. I think I love salt/pepper hair, b/c my grey/ platinum white streaks cannot be hidden anymore. I wonder what e/s quad they used. The neutral one? Sadly I can't afford these right now... but I damn near want it all. I just know I have similar colors though. =/

Anyone with problems with MAC colors (blush/e/s) fading over time have a problem with Illamasqua?

This promo has me wishing for Mac Me Over, I lost my mythical and need another, and I need dupes of some of the other stuff.

tats

I think I love Evelyn's look the best. I think I love salt/pepper hair, b/c my grey/ platinum white streaks cannot be hidden anymore. I wonder what e/s quad they used. The neutral one? Sadly I can't afford these right now... but I damn near want it all. I just know I have similar colors though. =/

Anyone with problems with MAC colors (blush/e/s) fading over time have a problem with Illamasqua?

This promo has me wishing for Mac Me Over, I lost my mythical and need another, and I need dupes of some of the other stuff.
I'm wearing Illamasqua Lover blush today.. just checked and it is still there after 11 hours :) MAC blushes dissapear veeeery quickly on me....

Merula

I love this collection! I will definitely get Sophie, Charisma, Magnetism and maybe Creator. I've been meaning to put an order on their site for a few things, including Skin Base as they're cheaper on their site than Sephora ($42 to $35)

Latest posts