Illamasqua Generation Q Collection

tats

swatches of Magnetism lipstick:

http://www.jayneskitschen.co.uk/blog/2012/08/illamasqua-generation-q-magnetism-lipstick/

beautiful
eyelove.gif
looks so juicy on the lips!
From the review I gather that it has a creamy formula which I think is new from Illamasqua as normally their lipsticks are matte and drying.

Sugarpeach84

I love the look of both of the quads but since I already have Queen of the Night pigment from their limited edition "Freak" collection I'll pass on the Complement Quad. I think I HAVE to indulge in the Empower Quad (I'm a social worker, that's what I do for a living, empower people!) I really like both blushes too and Charisma nail laquer. Oh, and lets not forget Wisdom eyeliner....ugh. This collection and Marilyn Monroe for MAC are going to kill me!

singer82

purple lipstick?
It's a pinky violet lipstick with a flash of blue. I have only seen swatches but lots have said it starts off sheer and can be built up. It reminds me of a lippy version of stars and rockets but more violet. It's perm, but it's currently out of stock on the sephora site.

singer82

I love the look of both of the quads but since I already have Queen of the Night pigment from their limited edition "Freak" collection I'll pass on the Complement Quad. I think I HAVE to indulge in the Empower Quad (I'm a social worker, that's what I do for a living, empower people!) I really like both blushes too and Charisma nail laquer. Oh, and lets not forget Wisdom eyeliner....ugh. This collection and Marilyn Monroe for MAC are going to kill me!
Oooo how do you like queen of the night? I think the polishes are going to be perm. Wonder if the rest if the collection will be perm? It will help me maybe wait for a few things.

bulbasaur359

I love this collection! I will definitely get Sophie, Charisma, Magnetism and maybe Creator. I've been meaning to put an order on their site for a few things, including Skin Base as they're cheaper on their site than Sephora ($42 to $35)
Make sure you have their site set to USD or you'll see what looks like lower prices as they are UK based. I wonder how long it takes to receive items from the direct site to the US.

bulbasaur359

I love that they used women of different ages and sizes for the ad campaign. Make-up is for everyone and it's nice to see that.

Catanya

Complement is such an amazing quad! You are ona love how pigmented and silky the shades are! Except for the fairest one, which is no so richly pigmented, though...

kimbunney

I'm pretty excited for Underworld (I know its perm but I've never seen it) and Boost. I read Underworld is a bit difficult to apply so Boost should go nicely with it. I don't have any Illamasqua products so I can't wait to try these out. I don't think these will be my first because I'm picking up their nail polishes in Nurture and Serenity soon.

singer82

So I asked on Illamasquas Facebook if the items will become perm and they said yes! Thank goodness cause my job cut my hours so I'm so behind on bills. Need to get some essentials from sephora so I'll pick up a few things still. Def want Magnetism l/s, Charisma n/v, & Boost gloss. The rest might have to wait awhile :(

aradhana

i placed a partial order from the illamasqua website since 3 of the items were released early - gleam cream, and the two palettes. i imagine it'll take ages to get here....
there are still other items i'd like to order, but i'll wait to get those when the collection launches, and i have more funds!
it's great that they're going to make the items permanent!
i wish mac would do that! a small number of products in each launch...that go on to be permanent....

tats

I'm so tempted to place an order.. but I only just received an order from them couple of days back :( can't spend too much money at once.. I will have to hold it for a liitle longer..

Sugarpeach84

I think the polishes are going to be perm. Wonder if the rest if the collection will be perm? It will help me maybe wait for a few things.
I really like Queen of the Night. I read Temptalia's review of the pressed version in the Complement quad and she wasn't impressed as it lost much of its multifaceted-ness. You have to use a sticky base like Mixing Medium or Illamasqua's Sealing Gel with it as it just has a dusty purple quality on its own with shimmer fallout.

honey on boost

I really want Sophie and the purple lippie. I also have a huge list of blushes that I want. I'm gonna get my order ready this weekend. I hope shipping doesn't take too long.

singer82

Update. Illamasqua informed me that it got pushed back to sept 20 on sephora. But it is available at their official site.

shellygrrl

Staff member
i placed a partial order from the illamasqua website since 3 of the items were released early - gleam cream, and the two palettes. i imagine it'll take ages to get here....
I really want Sophie and the purple lippie. I also have a huge list of blushes that I want. I'm gonna get my order ready this weekend. I hope shipping doesn't take too long.
I've ordered direct from Illamasqua a couple of times; each order took about two weeks to get to me, IIRC.

Latest posts