Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

Maktgalena

I first walked in to Inglot in Warsaw this summer. The makeup line does feel very cheap (in a bad way) and yes, they have a lot of MAC dupes. Though I'd say MAC are equal in creating dupes from other brands. It's a circus.
Anyhow Inglot do carry a heavy range of colours, a lot of them giving me a feel of uniqueness. I found that perfect vibrant yet light pink that I've been looking for so long to create great combos with TMM "after glow" and MAC "magenta madness".

Inglot stores feel more like Make Up Store or FACE Stockholm than MAC. Anyone who's ever been to one of those stores know what I mean.

Inglots eyeshadows feel a lot more powdery than MAC, but are way similiar to MUS, FACE or even IsaDora.
I see a lot of comments on Inglot being pricey! But when I was in Warsaw this summer i got several trio-palettes from the freedom system for 10 dollars each. That's about 70 SEK and I get ONE MAc eye shadow for 155 SEK so I'm really pleased.
Also you need a stickier base for Inglot, I find that NYX jumbo eye pencils work almost too good but UDPP is not quite sticky enough (and this is the first eye shadow ever to crease with UDPP for me). And the shadows apply better with sponge applicators or fingers than with brushes...

Hm, that's all I could think of for now.

Oh no! One more thing! Have you tried their nail art nail polishes? The ones with really long and thin bristles? I LOVE THEM! And so cheap cheap cheap!
To compare prices with MAC Inglot nail polishes are almost 50 SEK while MAC costs 120 SEK. So yeah, I can live with a little quality drop out ;D

Though that comment about the brand being over 20 years old? I'm REALLY sceptical having family in Poland and being half polish mysel I know that 20 years ago Poland hand a communist regim and according to my grandmother and aunt private companies didn't exist back then.

*JJ*

maktgalena, do you by any chance remember the price for the 30 eyeshadow freedom palette? i read somewhere that they are 70 PLN in warsaw. that would be around 18 euros, which seems way to low to me.

xcoco

I don't have many products from Inglot but they have really nice nude pink & lavender lipsticks. I also bought a bronzer today from there and they have the BEST bronzers ever, it's so so pigmented! Way better than other bronzers I tried (MAC, Stila...). I also love how you buy one product and get the other one 50% off. I find that most of their sales persons working there are snobby, don't know anything & arent't helpful at all but there's a really nice MA from there at Fairview Pointe Claire.
smiles.gif
I will definitaly buy more products from them.

* Note that unlike MAC, if you buy a product and you're not satisfied with it, you can't return it if you already used it. If it's never used, you can exchange but not return.

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maktgalena

Though that comment about the brand being over 20 years old? I'm REALLY sceptical having family in Poland and being half polish mysel I know that 20 years ago Poland hand a communist regim and according to my grandmother and aunt private companies didn't exist back then.

The fall of communism was in 1989 - 20 years ago. That's the year the Berlin Wall was torn down, the USSR renounced influence in Eastern European countries and, more importantly for Poland, the Solidarity trade unions were re-legalized, eventually leading to the election of Solidarity candidates for almost all the open parliamentary seats, with Jaruzelski as president, and the institution of a rapid-reform economic plan (the Balcerowicz Plan - a version of Shock Therapy developed by Jeffrey Sachs).

Aside from that, Poland still managed to maintain a certain degree of private enterprise even under the Communist regime, especially if these were not a threat to state-owned 'companies'.

It's certainly possible for a small, private cosmetics manufacturer to have existed over 20 years ago, and have grown since the rise of capitalism.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoco
I don't have many products from Inglot but they have really nice nude pink & lavender lipsticks. I also bought a bronzer today from there and they have the BEST bronzers ever, it's so so pigmented! Way better than other bronzers I tried (MAC, Stila...). I also love how you buy one product and get the other one 50% off. I find that most of their sales persons working there are snobby, don't know anything & arent't helpful at all but there's a really nice MA from there at Fairview Pointe Claire.
smiles.gif
I will definitaly buy more products from them.

* Note that unlike MAC, if you buy a product and you're not satisfied with it, you can't return it if you already used it. If it's never used, you can exchange but not return.

You're from the west island too?? lol

I work in at the sephora in fairview, and i never go into inglot. When they first opened i bought two eye shadows and found them so so chalky. I went back to ask about this and the MA told me if i want good payoff to go with the AMC line. Why dont you just make all the shadows with good payoff, not a select few and the rest are chalk and crap? Ive also gotten pigments there and while the colours in the pots are STUNNING they too are chalky. I find it very uninviting in there. Every time i pass by, the MA's always seem to be giving sour looks to the passers by. Also, every time ive gone in, the MA's didnt know prices, or couldn't recommend something. All they would do is try and sell me on the freedom palette...

panda0410

I love Inglot! Their mattes arent the best, agreed, though I have one of them that I would buy again just because of its colour, but their new pearl finish shadows are TDF - better than MAC AFAIC and cheaper too by almost 60%, for the propans anyway. They have a super colour range!! And I disagree with those who say the shadows are chalky, their pearl finishes are creamy and super soft/velvety/blendable - really beautiful!

I am in love with their lippie range, they do have a beautiful pale lilac and they also have the creme glosses which are pretty damn nice. The lipglosses are very pretty too!

Havent tried the creme blushes yet, but will do eventually. The palettes however suck.... they are heavy and cumbersome and I vastly prefer my MAC palettes!! The heaviness of the palette and limited wells means that you need mulitple levels to achieve the same storage as a MAC palette and I dont like the magnet - yes they are firmly held closed, but they are a real pain in the ass to get open/off because of that.

Overall though Inglot gets a big thumbs up from me and the price really cant be overlooked - I'll keep going back!

*JJ*

their gel eyeliners are amazing, made me throw my blacktrack fluidline right in the trash. they hold up so well and do not even budge after 12 hours and my eyelids are super oily!

maci1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucym1
does anyone know the australian prices for a pro5 or pro3 palette? thankyou

th_hello2.gif
The Pro 5 is $45 and the Pro 3 is $35.

maci1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
The only one I know of that's still around is in Westfield London (Shepherd's Bush tube stop). I'm heading out there tomorrow actually
drools.gif

There used to be another one somewhere (Bluewater??) but I think it closed down a while ago.

Hi there INGLOT's new web site its finaly on
th_DANCE.gif
Inglot Cosmetics it's fantastick.

lilibat

Can't seem to actually BUY anything off the new site and I am dying to get a couple of the pigments. It's very frustrating.

Cyanide.Candy

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's any Inglot store/counter in Belfast?

Finding it v. hard to find any website that lists stockists/stores for Inglot..
ssad.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide.Candy
I don't suppose anyone knows if there's any Inglot store/counter in Belfast?

Finding it v. hard to find any website that lists stockists/stores for Inglot..
ssad.gif

The only one in Ireland is in Dublin
ssad.gif

Inglot Cosmetics - Stores

Karuzela

Hi guys!
So I thought I would add sth in this thread. I`m Polish and I live close to Warsaw, I`ve known the brand INGLOT for as long as I can remember, I think one of my first eyeshadows was Inglot, when I was around 14...?
winks.gif
There is a good article about the brand`s owner (chemist) Wojciech Inglot and the brand`s history here: Wojciech Inglot: cienie i b?yski bran?y kosmetycznej| Cienie i b?yski - Polityka.pl (sorry it`s in polish, but maybe an online translator will help? Polityka is a respected politics/business magazine here. Oh, and the article says that Inglot does not really advertise, they got popular because of clients recommendations. Maybe that explains the lack of online stores and websites?)

There are many Inglot stores in Warsaw, personally I don`t think they look like MAC, though it is no secret that mr Inglot got inspired by MAC to create his own brand with a biiiig range of colors and affordable prices in Poland. The article says they now have 60 stores all around the world and are mad popular in Dubai...? Is that true?

Anywhoo, now I don`t really own any Inglot cosmetics, so I can`t say much about the quality, but if you guys want I could go and check some things at the store ^^ I saw really cute purple eyeshadows
greengrin.gif

Oh, wait! But I do have sth from Inglot - I absolutely love their nail polish, it`s really good! The prices in Poland are not MAC comparable, they are about half of MAC prices or less!
oh.gif
The only thing I dislike about Inglot is the makeup artists (??) in the stores, they look awful D: too much tan and heavy makeup, bleached blonde or black hair... ayway, they look like really bad guidettes
th_dunno.gif
I wouldn`t trust them with my face ever, lol.

So, I feel neutral about this brand, but I just wanted to clear that it is a very old and well known brand and respected too. Affordable. Lots of colors. BEST nail polishes. As for quality I don`t know, really. Maybe I`l get sth from them and test it. ^^

urbanD0LL

the new website got me so excited , just came accross it today ! and there 's a buy one get the other at 50% on the lipsticks in store , i got 2 , planning on getting 2 more ! and the loose powder seems nice too , i love Inglot !!

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanD0LL
the new website got me so excited , just came accross it today ! and there 's a buy one get the other at 50% on the lipsticks in store , i got 2 , planning on getting 2 more ! and the loose powder seems nice too , i love Inglot !!

Is it on glosses also or just lipstick?
thmbup.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I how can Americans not living in NYC get ahold of these products and what is the price range like? I just visited the website last night and I am intrigued.

panda0410

I'm in AU and happy to do CPs for the propans. Their 26mm propans which fit into mac palettes are a flat $10AU. In the pot they are $25AU, I'm sure the US price is probably cheaper.