International prices for MAC products

Paramnesia

Yeah it's outrageous here, I'm always bitching about it. I'm a student, I can't afford to feed my addiction lol.

Here:
Eyeshadows are $29 USD
Paint Pots are $32 USD
Blush are $35 USD
Lipsticks are $32 USD
Foundation is around $52 USD
Concealer is around $29 USD
Pigments are $37 USD
Eyeliners are around $32 USD

frostdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_M
All prices have doubled since we got that §#!% Euro in 2002
angry.gif

We can't return (used) cosmetics either (so tough luck if you buy the wrong shade foundation) and we can also forget about things like BOGOF's and 50% off sales.

Same here about everything! Though Mac is the only brand that hasn't raised their prices as much as the others. My very first Mac eyeshadow pre-Euro costed me about 25.000 lire which was expensive at the time but about 12/13€, now it's 15€. Drugstore brands like L'Oreal or Rimmel went from 4/6€ to a whopping 12€ in a blink! This is why I gladly stick to Mac.

Sophia84

Greece:

eyeshadow: 15.5 euros (23 US$)
paints: 20 euros (29.6 US$)
fluidline: 17.5 euros (26 US$)
Liquidlast liner : 20 euros (29.6 US$)
pigments: 25 euros (37 US$)
lipglass: 15.5 euros (23 US$)
lipstick: 17.5 euros (26 US$)
Studio Fix Fluid : 27 euros (40 US$)
MSF: 29 euros (43 US$)
powder blush: 20 euros (29.6 US$)
Fix+ : 17 euros (25 US$)
Cleanse Off Oil : 27 euros (40US$)
187 brush : 45 euros (66.7 US$)
190 brush: 40 euros (59 US$)
239 brush: 26 euros (38.5 US$)
brush cleanser : 10 euros (14.8 US$)

gigglegirl

OMG I cannot imagine paying 32 for a lipstick! Thats around double what we pay here in Canada. (16.50)

Its interesting to see the vast differences...like in Canada the prices for an e/s pot, lipstick (regular not a slimshine) and lipgloss are all the same, 16.50. But some countries they really vary. Yeaouch.

Congrats to you guys for keeping up your habit, very expensive in many of your countries!!

Ericita

Prices here are between 150% - 200% prices stated in the USA page, depending on the item (sometimes even a little bit more than 2x
ssad.gif
).

I'm from Chile.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
OMG I cannot imagine paying 32 for a lipstick! Thats around double what we pay here in Canada. (16.50)

Its interesting to see the vast differences...like in Canada the prices for an e/s pot, lipstick (regular not a slimshine) and lipgloss are all the same, 16.50. But some countries they really vary. Yeaouch.

Congrats to you guys for keeping up your habit, very expensive in many of your countries!!

Thanks for all your replies!! I also think it is very interesting to see how much (or less) you have to pay for MAC in the different countries.
Well, I will keep on saving my money
winks.gif

tripwirechick

New Zealand Pricing

Eyeshadow - $34 (US$27)
Lipglass/lipstick - $38 (US$30)
Pigments - $48 (US$39)
Quads - $92!!!! (US$74) you get the idea...
Paint Pots - $40
Fluidlines - $34
Mascara - $25-$35
Blush - $44
Beauty Powder - $48
MSF - $52
Eye/lip pencils - $34-$36
Cleansers - $40
Moisturisers - $60-$70 (just bought Moisturelush for $68)
Foundations are in the $60 range also

When I found out the prices of MAC in the US I almost cried!!! It's almost enough reason for me to move there, lol.

glamqueen1

We have to keep in mind that the US dollar rate is at it's lowest point right now, which makes it a bit unfair in the calculations. 1 $ used to be over 9 sek, today it was 6.15 sek. Not strange that I would get twice as much for my money in the US..

pumpkincraze

here the converted prices in USD are as follows:

e/s pot - $27
e/s pan - $21
4-pan palette - $10
any kind eye pencils - $27
shadesticks - $27
paint pot - $33
pigment - $37
metal-x creme shadow - $30
glitterliner - $30
liquidlast - $30
fluidline - $30
mineralize e/s - $34
heirloom e/s palettes - $75
pre-made quads - $75
l/s - $27
l/g - $23.5
blush - $36
msf/msf natural- $45
182 brush - $90
129/116/109/190/188 - $62
187 - $65
134 - $100
e/s brushes range between - $35-$58
heirloom brush sets - $95
brush cleanser - $12
latex wedge sponges - $6
cream foundations - $56
studio Fix - $48
liquid foundations - $48
prep+prime skin - $57
prep+prime face spf50 - $62
fix+ - $25

heykitten

tripwirechick, i feel your pain! living in NZ as well, and with no MAC counter in my city (i ended up buying a few dupes from trade me, argh!). very sad situation indeed. i was able to pick up quite a few MAC products in china. while i was worried about fakes, my friend assured me genuine products can be bought from the authorised sellers i.e. the counters in the department stores. i think there is an approx $10 difference, this adds up easily, trust me. more than the price you pay in the US, but better than NZ
th_DANCE.gif

blush - Y190 ($33NZ)
lipglass - Y150(?) ($26NZ)
fluidline - Y180 ($32NZ)
powerpoint/kohl eyeliners - Y170 ($29NZ)
a-mei l/e eyeshadow palette Y360 ($63NZ)
eyeshadows - Y140 ($24)

there are more, but the regular products are around the Y100-Y400 mark, pricer products being the foundations etc. i'm not sure about the prices for the brushes. the antiquitease l/e travel brush set was around the Y600 mark, i regret not getting this *cries*

forgive me, but this is what i can remember off by heart. the prices may be off Y10 give or take.

we are severely ripped off with drug store lines. converted into NZ dollars, most would be half the price we pay here.

captodometer

New Zealand MAC prices are crazy. The only thing I would purchase at a counter here is the brush cleanser($22 NZ): it's flammable so friends in the US would have difficulty shipping it here.

heykitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
it's flammable so friends in the US would have difficulty shipping it here.

really? does this only apply to liquids, or with all cosmetic products? i know airlines are strict with the carry-on policy & i assume security is tight (and infuriating) in the US, would the postal service be similar?

that's really unfortunate to hear, since a friend is willing to send goodies i can't get here.

user79

It's really expensive here, sorry I don't know the prices off the top of my head, but similar to what the other people haven been stating.

I've really gotten into swapping recently because of it, makeup is just so expensive here. Even with shipping from the States, it's still like so much cheaper!!

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykitten
really? does this only apply to liquids, or with all cosmetic products? i know airlines are strict with the carry-on policy & i assume security is tight (and infuriating) in the US, would the postal service be similar?

that's really unfortunate to hear, since a friend is willing to send goodies i can't get here.

For MAC brush cleaner, the box in New Zealand is marked as flammable. I'm American, but I don't remember if the US boxes were marked this way or not. It wasn't really an issue until I moved here and realized how much MAC costs
ssad.gif

It's not as obvious as perfumes, which most people will realize contain alcohol and therefore can potentially burst into flame. Unless the USPS clerk is a real stickler for detail, brush cleanser will be shipped overseas without a problem because they won't realize that it's flammable. But I prefer not to take the chance; this is one of the few products that doesn't cost 2.5 times the US price in New Zealand
winks.gif

And we do get ripped off for cosmetics here. Cover Girl mascara costs US$ 4.50 at Wal Mart, our equivalent of The Warehouse. And you routinely get bonus buys of a two pack for US$ 6.87. One costs NZ$18.99 here, or about US$ 16. In New Zealand you are entitled to be clean and not to stink, so soap and deodorant are cheap:) Anything that is purely cosmetic, you pay dearly for:-(

ilovecheese

Looks like the Estee Lauder strategy seems to be neglecting a huge segment of the customers outside of US.
Here are the prices in India:
Eyeshadow pot - Rs.750 ($19)
MSF - Rs.1,750 ($44)
Lipglass - Rs 1,100 ($28)

Plus we have only 2 stores in the whole country, in Mumbai and in Bangalore (where I stay). So that's only one dedicated store in 2 cities(unfortunately I have yet to buy anything from there.) I've only bought MAC Studio Fix pressed powder (I absolutely love it, though) from Thailand. MAC isn't nearly as famous as Clinique or Dior. Overall we have a dearth of good domestic brands.

I think MAC has one of the most expensive stuff in India
$1 = approx.Rs.750 Indian Rupee
Eyeshadows - Rs.750
Studio fix fluid foundation Rs.1550
Plush lash mascara Rs.670
Fluidline -Rs.870
Blot powder (loose) Rs.1200
Sheertone blush Rs.1080
Lipgeleé Rs.870
Paint Pot Rs.940
Lipstick Rs.920
Shadestick Rs.1000
Pigment Rs.1250
Fix+ - Rs.870
Blushcreme Rs.1080
Hyper real foundation Rs.1800
msf - Rs.1350

India doesnt have Pro products which I'm dying to get from Dubai or Singapore

Esperanza

MAC is really expensive in France too, here's the prices that we have to pay for:

eye shadow: 15€ ($23 USD)
blush: 19€ ($29 USD)
lipstick: 17€ ($26 USD)
MSF: 24€ ($36,50 USD)

It's pretty much the same in Europe apparently, I see that the prices in Greece & Germany are quite similar. Fortunately I have the Pro card, otherwise I don't think I would have bought that much... I've recently bought the 182 buffer brush in England for £19,50 with my pro discount (=25,49€) instead of 27€ here... hey that's something anyway!

Bonbonroz

And I thought that MAC was expensive in France! Well, it is, but still less than in a lot of other countries, it seems.
1€= 1.52 US$

e/s: 15€ (23$)
fluidline: 19€ (29$)
paints: 16€ (24$)
pigments: 19€
blush: 19€
MSF: 24€ (36$)
l/s: 17€ (26$)