International prices for MAC products

jbid

let me tell you about mac prices in turkey (converted to $)
e/s pan $21,5
e/s pot $28
l/g $24
l/s $28
shadestick $33
paint $32,5
blush $34
studio finish concealer $30
with minimum salary: $373!
no wonder why i feel so guilty every time i leave mac with a bag.

edit:
msf natural $44
baby kabuki (i think 181) $68
sonic chic blush $36

GoldenGirl

Anyone know how much MAC is in Mexico? I'm assuming the prices aren't that much different than US prices, but I'm taking a trip to Cabo San Lucas at the end of the month, and if the prices are a little cheaper than they are in the US stores I'll make an effort to take a trip to the MAC store and do a little haul.

georgiabarredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_mc_beth
is there anybody that know the price of refill pan for eyeshadow in US ?

if i'm not mistaken its like $9.50 or 10.50... i cant remember for refill pan eyeshadow...

gosh i guess i'll never complain again about the prices here in US bcoz its sooo much more expensive elsewhere..

drieyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabarredo
if i'm not mistaken its like $9.50 or 10.50... i cant remember for refill pan eyeshadow...

gosh i guess i'll never complain again about the prices here in US bcoz its sooo much more expensive elsewhere..

Since the price increase in July 2008, the refill pan eyeshadow is now US$11.

karenn

not sure if we have a full list of mac price in nz. there are some of them:
all in NZD
mineralized skinfinish light m $52
mineralize blush $48
mineralise eye shadow $42

hope its helpful. I have price for other item. but need time to find the receipt. maybe update it later

Nadeshda

Portuguese prices:
Mineralized blush - 21.40€ (31.40USD)
Lipglosses (including Lustreglass, Plushglass, Lipglass & Slimshines) - 15.15€ (22.20 USD)
Lipsticks - 17.15€ (25.15USD)

nazia

It's not just MAC which is so much more expensive over here in Europe - it seems most higher end cosmetic companies charge us insane prices!

It really does get frustrating and I'm hoping to find someone who will CP for me soon. The only problem with that is, of course, shipping and customs! We can't win!

rt66chix

Quote:
Originally Posted by drieyes
Does anybody know MAC prices in Dubai?

I was there a couple years ago and it seemed that the prices were just a dollar or two higher than here in the U.S. when you convert to dollars.

The Biz Wiz

Icelandic prices.
MAC is hideously expensive in Iceland (as is everything else) and the reason for my future gigantic MAC haul in the USA.

Prices (equivalent US dollars in brackets)
Eyeshadow: 2090 ISK ($23) - $14.5 at MAC in USA
Lipglass: 2290 ISK ($25.5) - $14 at MAC in USA
Lipstick: 2290 ISK ($25.5) - $14 at MAC in USA
Paint pot: 2690 ISK ($30) - $16.5 at MAC in USA
Eyeshadow refill: 1490 ISK ($17) - $11 at MAC in USA
Matte gel: 2790 ISK ($31) - $17.5 at MAC in USA

Brushes:
#116: 4490 ISK ($50) - $32 at MAC in USA
#213: 2790 ISK ($31) - $22.5 at MAC in USA
#189: 5590 ISK ($62.5) - $40 at MAC in USA
#219: 3390 ISK ($38) - $23 at MAC in USA
#224: 3890 ISK ($43.5) - $28 at MAC in USA
#227: 5190 ISK ($58) - $30 at MAC in USA
#239: 3690 ISK ($41) - $24.5 at MAC in USA
#252: 4290 ISK ($48) - $29 at MAC in USA
#316: 2890 ISK ($32) - $19 at MAC in USA

NB: the US dollar has strengthened against the ISK by 41% since January 1 this year. That means when I convert to dollars now the dollar amount is 41% lower than it would have been in January.
For example: 189 brush is 5590 ISK, that is $62.5 using today's currency exchange. But using January's currency exchange, the dollar amount would have been $88!

This is exactly the reason why I have a very loooooong MAC shopping list for my October trip
drools.gif

Rennah

Bermuda prices: (USD$)

Pigments: $24
Eyeshadow $18.50
Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour duos: $25

No taxes, btw.

kittykit

Prices in Czech Republic (conversion in USD)

Eyeshadows - 430CZK - $25.50
Prep + Prime For Eyes - 460CZK - $27
Fluidline - 460CZK - $27
Brush #210 - 430CZK - $25
Pigments - 650CZK - $38
Shadow Paint - 500CZK - $30
Cult of Cherry e/s - 1070CZK - $64
PRO Colour Palette (15) - 400CZK - $24
PRO Colour Palette (4) - 100CZK - $6
PRO Pan Refill - 320CZK - $19
Blush - 570CZK - $34

MAC is not cheap here. I'm not sure how many locals actually shop there. One of the makeup artists told me most of their customers are expats (like myself).

Things are cheaper in USA. I got my BF who was on biz trip twice in US in June/July to bring home some Coach, Tiffany and camera lenses. I was too afraid to get him to shop for me at MAC because he'd probably kill me
th_LMAO.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCocoa
Ok maybe I'm on my own here but I think the UK and US prices are just as affordable if you reside in either country- not sure if that makes sense but IMO I don't find MAC that expensive, BUT with the strength of the £ vs $ (£ virtually twice as much as the $) I would definately stock up if I went abroad but I doubt I would go through the hassle of ordering online from the US.

Anyhow, ordering from MAC online stores from other countries than the one you reside in is not possible. I live in Switzerland and I can't even order online from the German MAC site, and def not the US one. It seems that MAC is determined to keep overcharging people from certain countries.
angry.gif

I've only bought 1 cosmetic brush here in Europe, all my brushes I had bought in Canada or had my mom send me from there, or I ordered from other companies online. Cosmetics in general are very expensive here, even the drugstore ones. I pay about $20 for a drugstore mascara from Max Factor!!

What I suggest is find a CP partner from the States, or try to buy more items from private sellers on Specktra.* It saves you so much money! Especially if you want to buy brushes, try to find someone from the USA to CP you a brush haul, maybe offer them some monetary compensation. It's still going to be a lot cheaper than buying brushes in Europe or elsewhere, even with shipping. If the person sends you it privately, like not from a commercial retailer, you won't have to pay duty on it if it's marked as a gift.

*Please note CP requests and selling are not permissible in this or any other thread outside the Clearance Bin forum.

kittykit

I've tried to order from MAC USA once and have them shipped to my sister in NY but it's not possible because my AMEX card is a foreign card.

I'm paying US$17 for Maybelline mascaras here. MAC is twice more expensive in Czech Republic. It's even cheaper to buy MAC e/s in the UK.

igswonderworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
I've tried to order from MAC USA once and have them shipped to my sister in NY but it's not possible because my AMEX card is a foreign card.

I'm paying US$17 for Maybelline mascaras here. MAC is twice more expensive in Czech Republic. It's even cheaper to buy MAC e/s in the UK.

I was able to purchase with my Foreign credit card and have them ship the items to my friend in Chicago, or to myself whenever I'm there and I had no problem whatsoever, but it may have been that I was able to give them a US billing address..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbid
let me tell you about mac prices in turkey (converted to $)
e/s pan $21,5
e/s pot $28
l/g $24
l/s $28
shadestick $33
paint $32,5
blush $34
studio finish concealer $30
with minimum salary: $373!
no wonder why i feel so guilty every time i leave mac with a bag.

edit:
msf natural $44
baby kabuki (i think 181) $68
sonic chic blush $36

and of course let's not forget pigments!: $36 here in turkey vs. $19.5 in the U.S.

I think I'm just gonna order everything from the U.S website for as long as I can and then have my friend ship them over to me - for the shipping chargers are no where as expensive..

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by igswonderworld
I was able to purchase with my Foreign credit card and have them ship the items to my friend in Chicago, or to myself whenever I'm there and I had no problem whatsoever, but it may have been that I was able to give them a US billing address..

and of course let's not forget pigments!: $36 here in turkey vs. $19.5 in the U.S.

I think I'm just gonna order everything from the U.S website for as long as I can and then have my friend ship them over to me - for the shipping chargers are no where as expensive..

When I was asked to enter my credit card details, there are only 2 countries in the drop down list - USA or Canada. I emailed them and was told they do not accept any other credit cards issued by banks outside these countries due to some issues.

ThePostcardOrg

In Norway MAC products cost almost the double amount of what it costs in the US, for example:
a pigment costs about 200NOK, which is about 35USD
an eyeshadow costs about 130NOK, which is about 23USD

So I would suggest not hoping to buy too much MAC in Norway if your planning on a vaction here, cause it's sickly expensive, + we only have two stores in the entire country.. Well, actually just 1 as of now, but a new one is opening this fall.
greengrin.gif

rzrz

The LE mineralized eyeshadow duo cost RM70 (as of today, 1 USD = 3.47033 MYR) which also equals to .. USD$ 20.17. #187 brush cost RM180+-/ $53.30

It's not very bad comparing to other countries!