International prices for MAC products

MsCocoa

Ok maybe I'm on my own here but I think the UK and US prices are just as affordable if you reside in either country- not sure if that makes sense but IMO I don't find MAC that expensive, BUT with the strength of the £ vs $ (£ virtually twice as much as the $) I would definately stock up if I went abroad but I doubt I would go through the hassle of ordering online from the US.

illini2008

Prices in Singapore aren't that bad
ssad.gif

Single Eyeshadow - $26 (US$19)
Fluidline - $28 (US$20)
Nail Lacquer - $19 (US$14)
Paint Pot - $33 (US$24)
Lipstick - $28 (US$20)
Lipglass - $27 (US$20)
Eyeshadow quad - $59 (US$43)
Powder Blush - $34 (US$25)
187 brush - $83 (US$60)

Ah, this is reason enough to move to the US!
ssad.gif

Risser

Prices in Taiwan
NTD30.67 = US$1, NTD = New Taiwan Dollar (find more info on wikipedia)

Lipglass / Lipstick - NTD580
Eyeshadow - NTD520
Mineralize Eye Shadow - NTD650
Eyeliner Pencil - NT550
Liquidlast Liner - NTD650
Glitter Liner - NTD600
Pigment - NTD750
Eye Quad - NTD1450
Paint Pot - NTD600
Fluidline - NTD600
Mascara - NTD550
Eye Brows - NTD550
Blush - NTD680
Beauty Powder - NTD800
MSF - NTD900
Liquid Foundation / Studio Stick - NTD1100
Prep+Prime Skin Enhancer - NTD900

Risser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
Does anyone know the price for MAC in Hong Kong or Japan?

Prices in Japan(The YEN is the currency of Japan.)

Lipglass - YEN2205 ~ 2940
Lipstick - YEN2940
Eyeshadow - YEN2415
Eyeliner Pencil - YEN2310 ~ 2520
Lip Pencil - YEN2100 ~ 2415
Liquidlast Liner - YEN3255
Glitter Liner - YEN2625
Pigment - YEN3780
Eye Quad - YEN4725
Paint Pot - YEN2045
Fluidline - YEN2520
Mascara - YEN1575
Blush - YEN3150
Beauty Powder - YEN3360
MSF - YEN3885

im from brazil and i cant buy mac here because its to expensive...
the only price i know is that lipstick cost about 68 reais (US$42,50)

Susanne

At the moment I am saving money for the 182 brush. It costs 49 € here - that are unbelievable US $ 77.00 at the moment.

For a brush... hello?!
hmm.gif

Paramnesia

I know what you mean, I don't actually own any MAC brushes because of the prices. I think one day I'm gunna get a friend to ship me stuff from canada, I really need a foundation, prep n prime and some brushes.

Sabrunka

Oh gosh, I know now NOT to shop for MAC when I'm overseas!!!! I live in Canada and the prices are alright, but I prefer to buy my MAC when I'm in the US. Prices are lower, even with the exchange rate, and tax is a LOT lower. Paying 13% tax in Ontario really sucks!!

Paramnesia

I actually think the prices have gone up here, yet the aussie dollar is still pretty good. I might be wrong but I bought a blush awhile back for $38 and now they're $40 arg.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
For MAC brush cleaner, the box in New Zealand is marked as flammable. I'm American, but I don't remember if the US boxes were marked this way or not. It wasn't really an issue until I moved here and realized how much MAC costs
ssad.gif

It's not as obvious as perfumes, which most people will realize contain alcohol and therefore can potentially burst into flame. Unless the USPS clerk is a real stickler for detail, brush cleanser will be shipped overseas without a problem because they won't realize that it's flammable. But I prefer not to take the chance; this is one of the few products that doesn't cost 2.5 times the US price in New Zealand
winks.gif

And we do get ripped off for cosmetics here. Cover Girl mascara costs US$ 4.50 at Wal Mart, our equivalent of The Warehouse. And you routinely get bonus buys of a two pack for US$ 6.87. One costs NZ$18.99 here, or about US$ 16. In New Zealand you are entitled to be clean and not to stink, so soap and deodorant are cheap:) Anything that is purely cosmetic, you pay dearly for:-(

Hear hear!!!!! totally agree with what you said in the last paragraph. but then everything is expensive - the one foundation that ive found that matches mt skin is NZD$85!

miss_bailey

From reading this prices seem the worst in NZ (I'ma Kiwi living in Australia) I dont think I could cope if I had to move back, not to mention there are far less stores.
Im going to the US in september and I'm saving for the haul of a lifetime. What I would spend here on say a foundation, a couple of e/s and a lipgloss $150+ could buy me SO much more in the US.

MzFit

I am pretty sure prices went up here in Canada an eyeshadow was $16.50 no it is $17 at least on the website. Also in store when I had purchased my mineralized eyeshadows some were $21.50 and some $22. Does anyone know is MAC rasing there prices?

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzFit
I am pretty sure prices went up here in Canada an eyeshadow was $16.50 no it is $17 at least on the website. Also in store when I had purchased my mineralized eyeshadows some were $21.50 and some $22. Does anyone know is MAC rasing there prices?

They should have raised the prices in the US in July.

magia

Lipstick 18 euros
Eyeshadow 15,5 euros
Fluidline 17 euros
Paint pot 19 euros
Paint 18 euros
Lipglass 17 euros
Powder blush 20,5 euros
MSF 26 euros

So expensive here in Finland! MAC is so so cheap in the USA, so you girls there are so lucky!

juaini

For Malaysia, prices generally marked up about 20% across the board. I don't really mind since we're um, far away. what i hate is that they're ALWAYS out of stock of a LOT of stuff. Paint pots, fluidlines, e/s refills and empty palettes are pretty much impossible to find. Also some brushes. The only refills they have are usually the matte stuff. And when you ask, they always tell you the products have been on order for months and they have no idea when they'll get them in.

ergh.

Heiaken

Here the prices are the same as in Germany, 15,50€ for and eyeshadow and the shadesticks for example are 18€ That's a lot of money for a student to be. Yesterday I went for a shopping spree and ended up spending 98€ for MAC, that's 151$, think about that..
For that I got two shadesticks, Sea me and Lucky Jade, a 316 brush, one lipstick and a Sonic Chic blush..

Shaquille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrunka
Paying 13% tax in Ontario really sucks!!

lol, I live in Alberta and paying 5% still sucks when you know you can get way cheaper in the States..
if you get some MAC in the US, could you get me some too?
tong.gif