Irrational fears...what are yours?

bebeflamand

Hi guys, here's a little topic about fears. One of mine for example is that I'm terrified of eyelash curlers! Not kidding...I'm afraid I'll get my eyelid stuck in it and really hurt myself.

So, what are your biggest fears? Have you conquered yours and how? Do you want to conquer them? Please share
smiles.gif

Kayraphat

Bugs .. not spiders. I like em. But bugs ... I even remember I hold my breath for minutes bcuz there was a big and green bug in forest and I was too scared that it may come near me.

darkishstar

Irrational fear of...

CHALK
BUGS (especially MILLIPEDES and CENTIPEDES)
MIRRORS.

Pretty strange I think.

Paramnesia

I'm scared of sharp objects, especially knives. I can use them but I hate when others have them. Though when I was a kid my bro used to chase me with knives.

abbey_08

i have a really bad irrational fear of dentists!! just the smell makes me panic! i dnt even know why! and spiders and anything creepy crawly

sooperficial

I'm seriously terrified of pirates. Like I start crying and panicking....full blown anxiety if I see a pirate. OMG scary!

franimal

I have an irrational fear that loved ones will die. Ever since my best friend died, I am scared to even pick up the phone because I think it will be some awful news. Whenever my mother calls, I think she will tell me my brother is dead. When my bf is late, I think he got into a car crash. I will sometimes cry or just be very worried until he comes home. Weird, huh?

Moxy

SLIDING DOORS!!!!!
Oh my god why can't they stop making them? I hate them so much, one day they're gonna squish me dead
blink.gif

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Flying!! wenever Iam on a plane I have to talk to myself to calm me down
ssad.gif
it is getting worse. I hate spiders too
ssad.gif

Prinsesa

: ( Fear of:

Sadako (the ring)
Old creepy women in the movies
Insects

I dunno but when I go to bed and the lights are off, even if I was thinking happy thoughts..I suddenly have this cloud of fear come over me and I would think that Sadako or whatever, like a long haired creepy girl would be at the door or some shit. I really hate it :s But I cant sleep with the lights on lol Also when I take a shower O_O But its an old lady in the shower -_-' I cant seem to help think about them :S Im not hallucinating lol I dont literally see them, I just think of them and when I close my eyes, I feel like they're there. I know Im talking so casually about it but its just to release tension :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
I have an irrational fear that loved ones will die. Ever since my best friend died, I am scared to even pick up the phone because I think it will be some awful news. Whenever my mother calls, I think she will tell me my brother is dead. When my bf is late, I think he got into a car crash. I will sometimes cry or just be very worried until he comes home. Weird, huh?

Im like this too, sorry about your loss.

allthatgl1tt3rs

I can't deal with films like The Ring and The Grudge, any horror stuff like that - the Japanese have really made horror films properly scary from my pov. Visual stuff can really stick in my head and I have a fairly active imagination so the two gel together and can make me really jittery for days.

Spiders - I was never keen on the big, hairy ones but became totally phobic when one jumped in my bed at night when I was 16 (I kid you not!) I was asleep and okay yeah it was dead the next morning (I must have rolled over and slept on it, bwahahaha) but that's not the point! What if it had ended up in my mouth or on my face and I'd woken up then?!

Oh and I'm a bit funny on escalators: I leap once I come to the end of one because I'm convinced I'll trip otherwise. Tis a bit of a laugh on the tube when there are people behind/in front! I get all edgy if someone doesn't come off it fast enough and they're in front of me and I'm thinking "Quiiiiiiiiiiiick!" lol!

vocaltest

having my back to a room with the lights off.
i hate dark water... i can't stand too close to the thames!

i used to be scared of banana skins when i was younger hahaha. i think it was because i was scared i'd fall over and hurt myself on them like in cartoons. and btw, its true you can slip over on them. i was eating a banana outside my work, and i said to my friend 'i wonder if its true that you can slip over banana skins', so i threw it on the floor, and slid... and yeah... went flying hahah.

NutMeg

Bananas. But it's more of an irrational hatred than a fear. I would be happier if they didn't exist anywhere, and I hate it when people are eating them around me. But I've learned to deal, and I just suck it up until they're done. One time my bf was trying to be an ass and ate a banana while I was in the bathroom and kissed me when I came out. I was so angry I almost started crying.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Oh yeah I remembered another one when I was reading the food fears, baked beans
nonono.gif
omg I hate these things !! My bf eats them and I cant bear it !! If one falls on the ground or something I freak out
ssad.gif

SuSana

Raggedy Ann & Andy.

I have really vivid dreams and nightmares, when I was younger my sister had the dolls and I dreamt that they were chasing me with big kitchen knives trying to kill me. When I was younger it was ok, but as an adult I should get over it but whenever I see a doll or even a picture of them somewhere I have to turn away.