Irrational fears...what are yours?

AdlersMommy22

I have a serious phobia of fish.. no joke. I cant even go into the section of wal-mart with the little fish. It makes me start sweating and i start hyperventalating.. NOTHING scares me more than fish.

X4biddenxLustX

My long list is gonna make me sound like such a wuss!

But here it goes and I hope I don't get any mental images of any of these things as I type them lol: Heights, icky bugs and critters, dinosaurs & sea monsters (like the kind in jurassic park not barney haha), large and deep bodies of water especially if its murky, the dark, contagious diseases, blood like seeing it in real life, sharp objects, dentists, and thats about all I can come up with right now.

X4biddenxLustX

^^I'm the same way with my limbs! They need to be covered in order for me to sleep. In the summer when it gets hot I still need a blanket and occasionally I'll let my legs out for a few minutes to help cool down but after that it just goes right back under the blanket!

Zantedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMochaXOXO
i cant sleep in the dark or in total silence. or if my feet are not covered by a blanket! lol

Me too! I like dark rooms but there has to be a tiny bit of light and sound. I get scared that I'm dead or something lol.

I'm terrified of spiders, aliens and wasps. And stuff like this scares me:
RoadAndSky-719985.JPG

There needs to be something on the horizon or I get kinda freaked out.

I also can't look straight up to the sky, but I don't know if that's fear or vertigo lol.

Spiders are my main fear though, nothing scares me more than those. I have panic attacks because of them.

OfficerJenny

I just remembered this.

Chapped lips irk me. Like, I will get really uncomfortable if I'm really close to someone with really dry, flakey, chapped lips

sooo gross and sends chills down my spine.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
I just remembered this.

Chapped lips irk me. Like, I will get really uncomfortable if I'm really close to someone with really dry, flakey, chapped lips

sooo gross and sends chills down my spine.

What about people who never swallow their spit? And the more they talk, the more it accumulates in the corners of their mouths *barf barf barf*

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
What about people who never swallow their spit? And the more they talk, the more it accumulates in the corners of their mouths *barf barf barf*

That's even worse!

But, it's especially bad when they have chapped lips with saliva in the corners of their cracked torn mouth

x_x

florabundance

Okay mine is actually pretty dumb lol. Cats. Just eugh, they freak me the hell out. The way they look and feel and ahhh just the thought of them makes my skin crawl!

I mean, i'm not a "pet" person at all..but cats are just the worst for me.
nope.gif

X4biddenxLustX

I just realized last night after seeing a doctor ( I have strep throat) that I'm horribly afraid of spreading whatever illness to others and then having them give it back to me after I get better. It doesn't even matter if its just something stupid like a cold, I completely freak out. I feel like I NEED to like quarantine myself so that no one else will get sick lol. Yeah...I'm a hypochondriac! There, I said it finally! My friends would always call me that and I would just be like no, I'm just being careful lol.

knoxydoll

I've just developed a new irrational fear of breaking or straining my ankle, especially when walking down stairs. If I end up seeing someone else do it in a sporting event or randomly around, I get serious anxiety pains, and it makes me really nauseous.
I also have an irrational fear of statues and wax figures, which makes my line of study a little hard (I study art and architectural history).
I also have an irrational fear of shipwrecks, including photos, and video of them. I can't stand watching them and it makes my love of scuba diving a little hard since I have to find spots where there absolutely no chance of seeing a shipwreack, or the like. Often even just lumber or building ruins brings up the same feelings.

crystalclear

Top of the list has to be fish, slugs and clowns. Also have a bit of a mainia about people not washing their hands esp after they've been to the toilet, then they touch everything and it gets on other peoples hands, it's just disgusting. Dirty houses are becoming a problem after watching "how clean is your house".

Le-Saboteur

Moths. They fly so stupidly like they're all drunk and they land on your face, and they leave all that dusty stuff everywhere!

*shudders*

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalclear
Top of the list has to be fish, slugs and clowns. Also have a bit of a mainia about people not washing their hands esp after they've been to the toilet, then they touch everything and it gets on other peoples hands, it's just disgusting. Dirty houses are becoming a problem after watching "how clean is your house".

I shudder whenever I'm in a public bathroom and witness either a no washer at all or someone who just rinses their hands with water and dries them and leaves. WTF?! Why no soap?! That little extra 5 seconds of using soap is gonna save you and everyone else that comes in contact with you or stuff that you've touched from possibly getting sick. Plus poopoo residue is just plain nasty!
thmbdn.gif

I seriously try not to watch that show whenever I had BBC America as a free preview channel. I won't lie, my house is I guess a mess. But it's not as bad as some places.

kaliraksha

My number one irrational fear is of breaking my ankle. I can imagine it breaking everytime I take a step up or down, so I'm super careful when in big crowds, in a rush, drunk and especially wearing heels. I think it's why I don't wear heels as often as I'd like.

I also hate body parts hanging off the side of the bed... I have a weird image of them being licked or touched ... or ugh.

Also dark water, especially certain lakes during the day because I have a weird feeling that I am going to be stepping on a dead body sometime soon.

PnmnianPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABB113
Totally! The sight of them actually induces panic attacks in me.....

Oh god oh god oh god me too!!! I just saw my first roach EVER like in July and I was so freaked out I left my apartment at like 11pm, walked around the streets for about 3 hours, called my mother (like she was going to get up and drive an hour and a half to come kill a bug that might've been gone by the time she got there), and called my friend until she over to kill it. I still haven't used the bathroom without a can of Raid in my hand since.

PnmnianPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I'm not scared of many things, but more of situations

Like when I sleep (now that I live with my man it's better), I'm afraid to wake-up and see a shaddow in the corner of the room...

Or when I go wilderness camping, I have my own 2 places tent, I sleep alone in it. I just CAN'T go peeing on my own (in the dark). I sometimes stay awake for hours thinking about what's outside : zombies, vampires, freaks, monsters...
lol.gif

LOL, I think if I were living with my boyfriend, that would be worse. I'm definitely scared to death of shadows or anything in the corner of the room, but my boyfriend sleep walks!!!! Oh god! Imagine waking up in the middle of the night, bed is empty, AND seeing a dark shadow in the corner!!

He swears that he hasn't sleep walked (slept walk? slept walkededed???) in forever but he ALSO doesn't remember once when I was sleeping over, in the middle of the night he sits STRAIGHT UP, and says "WHAT WAS THAT???" **long pause** Then goes back to sleep. I'm there, wide awake, heart pounding, "what? what?? babe, what did you hear?? honey???" It took me forever to fall back asleep.