Irrational fears...what are yours?

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnmnianPrincess
LOL, I think if I were living with my boyfriend, that would be worse. I'm definitely scared to death of shadows or anything in the corner of the room, but my boyfriend sleep walks!!!! Oh god! Imagine waking up in the middle of the night, bed is empty, AND seeing a dark shadow in the corner!!

He swears that he hasn't sleep walked (slept walk? slept walkededed???) in forever but he ALSO doesn't remember once when I was sleeping over, in the middle of the night he sits STRAIGHT UP, and says "WHAT WAS THAT???" **long pause** Then goes back to sleep. I'm there, wide awake, heart pounding, "what? what?? babe, what did you hear?? honey???" It took me forever to fall back asleep.

I sleep walk so I'm sure you have my boyfriend's sympathy who claims I sometimes keep him awake during the night rambling about pancakes and penises (apparently my favorite sleep talk/walk conversations).

VeXedPiNk

Spiders. They don't just creep me out, I can NOT handle them at all. Even a dead spider in my window causes me to panic. I found a spider in my bedroom once and slept on the couch in my living room for weeks afterwards.

Needles. It's not the pain or anything. I just start imagining things going in or out of my body and it makes me feel all gross. It's hard to explain, especially to people who point out my piercings/tattoos.

Someone breaking into my home. The smallest sounds at night can totally freak me out and I end up working myself into a frenzy where my imagination runs wild.

Coyotes. Just hearing them sends shivers down my spine. I'd rather meet a bear in the woods than a coyote. No joke.

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeXedPiNk
Someone breaking into my home. The smallest sounds at night can totally freak me out and I end up working myself into a frenzy where my imagination runs wild.

Me.

100%

it's so bad .-.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnmnianPrincess
LOL, I think if I were living with my boyfriend, that would be worse. I'm definitely scared to death of shadows or anything in the corner of the room, but my boyfriend sleep walks!!!! Oh god! Imagine waking up in the middle of the night, bed is empty, AND seeing a dark shadow in the corner!!

He swears that he hasn't sleep walked (slept walk? slept walkededed???) in forever but he ALSO doesn't remember once when I was sleeping over, in the middle of the night he sits STRAIGHT UP, and says "WHAT WAS THAT???" **long pause** Then goes back to sleep. I'm there, wide awake, heart pounding, "what? what?? babe, what did you hear?? honey???" It took me forever to fall back asleep.

Ho my god, I would freek out too!!!
Never knowing if it's him or an uninvited person...!!!

One time, last year, I was living alone.
It was a windy night, the cat was running and freaking out for nothing
I finaly felt asleep, but woke up about 2 hours later, and when I woke up in the dark, I was looking at my mirror doors and saw ''someone'' behind me.

I FREAKED OUT, completely, screamed my heart out
To realize that it was my lamp

th_LMAO.gif

PnmnianPrincess

hahaha! I keep coming up with more and more things I'm scared of. The one I just thought of recently: Someone breaking into my car and sitting there waiting for me to come back. I absolutely refuse to get into my car without checking my backseat. I was leaving work one day, used the remote entry button for my car, and I thought I saw somebody in my backseat. Oh lord I seriously almost fainted. It was just some stupid shadows, but I searched every square inch of my car to make sure nobody was actually in it. LOL, like somebody would be able to fold themself down to the size of a soda bottle and hide under my seat...

ri0tdorque

Butterflies...

Yes that's right those pretty *evil horrid scary* things that flutter *chase you* I have a deathly fear of them, and big moths really anything that flutters I'm fine with big spiders but will freak the frell out if a butterfly comes near me.

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenin4makeup
The Burger King man with the big head! I don't know why but that guy freaks me out to no end! I have to turn the channel really fast when the commercial comes on. My ex used to find that so hilarious that he would call out to me in another room to tell me he was on the TV! LOL
I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!
eeksign.gif

LOL I am really afraid of that thing too. I really want to eliminate that guy just so there is no chance I will see those commercials again.. ugghhhhh

kimmy

i'm deathly afraid of hornets, all kinds..even paper wasps. one time, there was this giant sand hornet in the parking lot at work and someone showed it to me not knowing my phobia, and i had to call my partner to come outside because i was like scared still hah.

also, i'm scared of fire. everyone always thinks that's irrational because my dad is a fire captain, but yeeesh...i'm not a fan at all. he's the only person in the world i trust with fire. one time at work (haha, my job rules obviously) the car we were driving caught fire and instead of getting the extinguisher out of the trunk, i ran far far away!

X4biddenxLustX

I swear I keep on noticing things that freak me out.

I get super freaked out whenever I get an im on aim from someone who I don't know.

I'm also afraid of seeing someone who I don't know knocking at my door. One time it was really dark out and I think I was like 11ish maybe? But I heard this loud banging coming from my front door, I go and get a peek and I don't recognize that guy. My mom was in the shower and I ran into the bathroom to tell her that some stranger was banging on our door. She said she was rinse off and get dressed real quickly and come out and see what was going on. Well in the mean time I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a little knife. The guy ended up just being a pizza delivery man! He went to the wrong house, the pizza was for my neighbor.

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i'm deathly afraid of hornets, all kinds..even paper wasps. one time, there was this giant sand hornet in the parking lot at work and someone showed it to me not knowing my phobia, and i had to call my partner to come outside because i was like scared still hah.

also, i'm scared of fire. everyone always thinks that's irrational because my dad is a fire captain, but yeeesh...i'm not a fan at all. he's the only person in the world i trust with fire. one time at work (haha, my job rules obviously) the car we were driving caught fire and instead of getting the extinguisher out of the trunk, i ran far far away!

Bee's, Wasps, Hornets, all of them freak me out.

I remember at science camp, there was a bee during the orientation assembly thing

it flew near me and I got up and ran so far away.
In the middle of the assembly.

lolllll

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Bee's, Wasps, Hornets, all of them freak me out.

I remember at science camp, there was a bee during the orientation assembly thing

it flew near me and I got up and ran so far away.
In the middle of the assembly.

lolllll

i actually love honeybees...weird, right? but if i see a hornet, i'll almost always have a full on panic attack. i went outside once to do some yard work in the summer right after i developed this fear, and there were like five of them outside. i freaked out so bad, i was crying and hyperventilating, it was pretty ridiculous.

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i actually love honeybees...weird, right? but if i see a hornet, i'll almost always have a full on panic attack. i went outside once to do some yard work in the summer right after i developed this fear, and there were like five of them outside. i freaked out so bad, i was crying and hyperventilating, it was pretty ridiculous.

Okay I love bees and everything about them, as long as theres no possible way of them touching me?

XD

Septemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Okay I love bees and everything about them, as long as theres no possible way of them touching me?

XD

I love Bumblebees. The ones here are so fat and fluffy they can barely move, it is so hard not to feel them
lol.gif
Wasps though? NO!

I have a horror story about bees/wasps but I don't want to upset anyone.

I am scared of Pap smears. "Just a quick SCRAPE"
shockt.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I love Bumblebees. The ones here are so fat and fluffy they can barely move, it is so hard not to feel them
lol.gif
Wasps though? NO!

I have a horror story about bees/wasps but I don't want to upset anyone.

I am scared of Pap smears. "Just a quick SCRAPE"
shockt.gif

I only like bees when they give me honey. Tea+honey= YUM! Other than that I want them to keep their stingers away from me lol.

Ahhhhhh! Vaginal exams period suck. I think I'm still scarred from my mom's cervical biopsy. I was in the room with her when they did it only being separated by one of those hospital curtains they had.

ClaireAvril

I really don't like swallowing pills. I always feel like I am going to choke on my multi-vitamin. I get really tense when I try to swallow pills and it just makes the process worse. I've been trying to start taking fish oils.. but the pill is too large.. I know I can't swallow it. so i break it and put it in a drink and it tastes AWFUL!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
I really don't like swallowing pills. I always feel like I am going to choke on my multi-vitamin. I get really tense when I try to swallow pills and it just makes the process worse. I've been trying to start taking fish oils.. but the pill is too large.. I know I can't swallow it. so i break it and put it in a drink and it tastes AWFUL!

I have absolutely no problems swallowing pills but I had a friend who did. She can't take pills at all whatsoever. Everything had to be liquid and I'd feel so bad for her cause some of that stuff just tastes super gross.

I'm pretty sure they make tasteless fish oil either in tablet form or just regular liquid form. Try that out next time and it should help out alot
yes.gif