Is it time to start a "Counterfeit M·A·C" forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkincat210

Can someone tell me if this is fake? I bought Flammable paint from a reputable seller on Ebay, but the packaging is slightly different from my other paints..
Here is my Untitled I got directly from the mac counter.
The end of my flammable paint has a red sticker. The other paints I own don't have sticker, rather just the color of the packaging is different.
The M on the Mac is different too, it doesn't have a slit..
check it out...
digicampics6083.jpg

digicampics6084.jpg

Dreamergirl3

I think a MAC counterfeit forum would be amazing! Or at least, one to tell you how to spot a fake and examples of such. What a great idea!

kissmypinkstar

This would be so, so helpful. I remember seeing a post from a girl about MAC eyeshadows being sold on UK ebay at the moment. I'm pretty sure they must be fake because the seller doesn't use the real name of the eyeshadows, just things like "sparkly pink" or "powder blue". It would still be nice for somebody in the know to give an opinion!

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Can someone tell me if this is fake? I bought Flammable paint from a reputable seller on Ebay, but the packaging is slightly different from my other paints..
Here is my Untitled I got directly from the mac counter.
The end of my flammable paint has a red sticker. The other paints I own don't have sticker, rather just the color of the packaging is different.
The M on the Mac is different too, it doesn't have a slit..
check it out...
digicampics6083.jpg

digicampics6084.jpg

I say it's fake. It doesn't even say "net wt" for the weight. Sorry.

sasse142

A MAC counterfeit forum would be awesome. I vote yes!!!
I didn't realize they had quite a few MAC fakes :-(

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
I say it's fake. It doesn't even say "net wt" for the weight. Sorry.

Yeah, i'm thinking its a fake..I peeled the sticker off and underneath is a brownish stripe.

user3

Quote:
Yeah, i'm thinking its a fake..I peeled the sticker off and underneath is a brownish stripe.

How is the color?

reh

Quote:

I have a paint that looks exactly like yours! It also has the brown stripe and the colour is kinda dark-brownish with shimmer...I bought it used from ebay.de...
th_confused_new.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
How is the color?

I tried it out the other day...and it worked well. I used cranberry e/s with it. I'm going to take a picture the next time I use it..

ShelleyME

I'm glad to see that there is a thread on this. Here is my fake Prismique that I just got off of Yahoo! Singapore auctions. When I saw the pic on the auction, it was in a box, but, I could still that it was a green color. When I won it, the seller said that she no longer had the box. I only saw one pic of the actual color for comparison on MUA and one on eBay, which looked like a buff color. This is what I got:

nox0fo.jpg
nox0ly.jpg
nox0qv.jpg

In case you can't tell in the 2nd pic, the eye shadow lifts up like a compact to reveal a mirror and a sponge-tipped applicator. At 1st, I wasn't sure if this was an older packaging. But, I can see that the color itself is completely wrong! I have been leery of the ones listed where the seller can only tell you the color number, but, not the name. I once got one that said SAMPLE, but, it had the name, number and the box. Plus, it was the right color.

pinotnoir

Wow! did you ask for a refund? Granted its yahoo singapore! And I say that with such love since I'm in Singers as well.

I'm quite careful when buying from yahoo auctions cos I've spotted at least 3 different sellers who sell mac stuff.

reh

I got an E/S just like that from ebay.co.uk
I contacted the seller and she send me a full refund. The money i paid for the shadow and the shipping costs...and she told me to keep the E/S.
89214417_77aef69d6d_o.jpg

macgirlmarie99

Just because a mac item says sample, it is not necessarily a fake. These can be and usually are the actual lab samples created by mac research and development, and given out to mac senior artists, etc for use before the actual collections launch. The actual cost to make these lab samples is more expensive than the mass-production ones you can get at counter. If someone is seelling these, they have come from an upper-level mac person as regular MA's don't even get these.

jenjunsan

I bought a lipglass the other day on eBay and when I first pulled it out (it was Oh Baby by the way) I noticed that the tube was a "frosted" plastic and the font on the lettering did not look exactly right. Also, the gloss was very smooth and not tacky like lipglasses usually are. (I actually prefer the tacky). I didn't know if since this was an old standard color for MAC if this was possibly an old tube and they used to look like this before I started using MAC or if I had been had. The color was still very pretty on. Anyone know?

ShelleyME

Quote:
Originally Posted by reh
I got an E/S just like that from ebay.co.uk
I contacted the seller and she send me a full refund. The money i paid for the shadow and the shipping costs...and she told me to keep the E/S.

I'm glad that you got a refund. My seller insists that it's genuine! She said that a friend bought it for her at a department store in Germany. I explained to her that not only do the MAC eyeshadows not have a mirror/brush, but, that the color was wrong! At 1st, I tried to not come out directly and accuse her of selling me a fake just to see if maybe she just didn't know. If her friend really bought it for her, it could be that the friend didn't want to admit that she bought her a cheap fake from a flea market. I was hoping that she would have apologized and offered a refund, but, I might be forced to leave a negative rating for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirlmarie99
Just because a mac item says sample, it is not necessarily a fake. These can be and usually are the actual lab samples created by mac research and development, and given out to mac senior artists, etc for use before the actual collections launch. The actual cost to make these lab samples is more expensive than the mass-production ones you can get at counter. If someone is seelling these, they have come from an upper-level mac person as regular MA's don't even get these.

I'm glad that you cleared that up for me. The seller that I got the sample e/s from sells alot of these. I had gotten 3 lipglass stains from her before, one had a sticker with the color name and the other 2 had fallen off. Singaporeans: if you want to know, she's seller - muddyslide

I know some Singaporeans get invited to these Estee Lauder clearance sale and then they re-sell on Yahoo! I wonder how you get invited?

pinotnoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyME
I'm glad that you cleared that up for me. The seller that I got the sample e/s from sells alot of these. I had gotten 3 lipglass stains from her before, one had a sticker with the color name and the other 2 had fallen off. Singaporeans: if you want to know, she's seller - muddyslide

I know some Singaporeans get invited to these Estee Lauder clearance sale and then they re-sell on Yahoo! I wonder how you get invited?

Samples also are given out to beauty/fashion magazines about 2 mths before a collection is released. I used to write for one and MAC would send me alot of stuff but all of them would be tagged "sample". Given how generous MAC is, they usually won't ask for the item back but, it's not professional/ethnical sell it off. I honestly wouldnt want someone from MAC to discover that I got those items free and is making quite a tidy sum from it.

As for the Estee Lauder sale, staff members are given anywhere from 5 tickets to 20 tickets for that sale to give to friends,valuable customers etc. Items are about half off (that's just a guideline) and, they have alot of seasonal stuff like last year's paint charms, pigment vials. Perhaps, you can try making friends with your MA/SA.
lol.gif
and casually mention it so you might get a ticket when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.