Is it time to start a "Counterfeit M·A·C" forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caffn8me

The pallette is genuine but you can order them in the UK from the M·A·C Pro Store in Foubert's Place by mail order for a lot less than £20. Last time I bought one at the Pro Store (last June) the cost was £10.
M·A·C
28 Fouberts Place
London W1F 7PR
020 7534 9222​

Vicky88

OMG! I could've got two :/ lol. Thanks a lot for that, I'll be giving them a call
greengrin.gif

fishchick72

I would love to see a counterfeit forum. I went to look on ebay for MAC eyeshadows & was very suspicious of the whole european colors that have numbers instead of names, so I didn't bid, thank God!! Now I'm scared to buy any of it on ebay!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykelancey
I have a gesso in my collection from a few years back. It was a color carried by Mac.

Gesso is still carried by M·A·C but that photograph is a counterfeit version of it, definitely.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Can someone tell me if this is fake? I bought Flammable paint from a reputable seller on Ebay, but the packaging is slightly different from my other paints..
Here is my Untitled I got directly from the mac counter.
The end of my flammable paint has a red sticker. The other paints I own don't have sticker, rather just the color of the packaging is different.
The M on the Mac is different too, it doesn't have a slit..
check it out...
digicampics6083.jpg

digicampics6084.jpg

I think it's real but a few years old. I have some older paints which have stickers like that and no names. And MAC paints used to be 7.5g, (like it says on the Flammable tube), but were changed to 6.5g a couple of years ago. All the paints I have with stickers and no names are also 7.5g.

AprilMB

I am new here and was just checking out the site and the different topics. I had no idea people were selling fake MAC on ebay, but that doesn't surprise me either. I think any article on how to spot a fake would be great and useful to many, many people. I also was wondering on how to get in on the trading or buying of MAC on this site. Like I said, I am new here and maybe I just wasnt looking in the right spot. Thanks to any replies and I will throw in that my new favorite MAC product is Dewy Jube!!

ShelleyME

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilMB
... I also was wondering on how to get in on the trading or buying of MAC on this site. Like I said, I am new here and maybe I just wasnt looking in the right spot. Thanks to any replies and I will throw in that my new favorite MAC product is Dewy Jube!!

To be able to access the Clearance Bin you have to make 20 posts and a member for 5 days 1st.

Vicky88

Hmm, I recieved a 15 pan pro palette today, and the box looks real but the writing on the front of the palette is kind of greyish rather than white - I've never had a palette before so I'm not sure if that's just due to the plastic...?

Also, is this real?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAC-190-Founda...ayphotohosting

I'm sure people wouldn't fake a palette and brush, but then again, who knows?

sublime

Damnit, now I'm angry! I thought I was up on my MAC counterfeit items, and bought this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=9500040110

She didn't mention the "10" sticker on top of the box (instead of the shade), nor did she mention the "quite useful" mirror and sponge underneath. Hence why I thought I was all good.

Of course, the bonus was that the sticker under the pot says "prismique" instead of "sweet lust", which is what I bought! Silly girl!

Now that I look at the site photo carefully, you can see an oval double lip at the front instead of the rectangular single one authentic e/s has.

According to her feedback (which was not there when I purchased), she refunds for people who identify her fake MAC stuff. But they all leave neutral feedback! Is this common? I don't care that you're going to refund my money, I hate all counterfeiters who lie ("I bought it direct off their website"), and I hate the fact that I'll have to stuff around now.

Oh, the seller's name is nikki4dylan - to ensure it might turn up on any future Spektra members' searches.

bubbas454

th_thdeadea.gif

Hey you lot Ive had an idea dont know how feesable it is but how about a site like mypoupette (Authentic LV Sellers) where we can list all recommended sellers of auth M.A.C that trade on ebay and other auction sites at least that way buyers would be more content in buying and more weary of people that are not recommended. What do ya think??

Ems

AprilMB

Thank you for the info ShelleyME...I better start posting! It was just a matter of time that there would be fake MAC, just like all the fake bags and everything else out there. You also need to be careful since some sellers will 'steal' MAC pictures from honest sellers and use those in their listings. Pretty sad that you need to check these things out now.

xxmissjennyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
These pigment samples look fake to me. Coco is much "fluffier". . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUY-1-GET-1-FREE... cmdZViewItem

they look pretty fake. probably some glitter from a craft store.

people like this piss me off. they take advantage of good people by selling "makeup" that might contain god-knows-what kind of ingredients. theyre the type of people that would buy payless shoes, draw a nike sign on it, and sell it off as real.

they take advantage of makeup lovers like us by selling us crap that is potentially unsafe. its sad when you see all these people buying the stuff thinking that theyre getting a good deal.

i agree with the thread of approved ebay sellers. i say we try to stay informed and keep being one step ahead of them. if we find one, we all should report it to ebay.

these people disgust me. slimebags.

MissMarley

i bought a bunch of pigment samples from tru_colours....and when I got them, i compared them to the pigments I already had and they were SO OFF. They were pretty colors and easy to blend, so I kept them, but they were definitely not real mac- but i liked them so i kept them

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
i bought a bunch of pigment samples from tru_colours....and when I got them, i compared them to the pigments I already had and they were SO OFF. They were pretty colors and easy to blend, so I kept them, but they were definitely not real mac- but i liked them so i kept them

Still, I hope you reported the seller. As mentioned above, these products are potentially unsafe, especially when using around areas like the eyes.

I hope the glitter worked out OK and you didn't get a crazy reaction of some sort :confused:

neyugNneiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley

True Colors is a brand that makes mineral pigments...perhaps that's what you got?

http://www.truecolors.com/

xxmissjennyxx

i think tru_colors is her user name. shes selling these off as "MAC pigment samples" if you look at her feedback, there are some negative ones that state shes a fraud.

AprilMB

How can you tell that brush is fake from the picture? One thing that is wrong is that it isnt a foundation brush as stated, but a stippling brush. I was just looking at her other auctions and she has a few lots of shadows that may be fake...she didnt list the names but numbers!!?? Beware of this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.