Is it time to start a "Counterfeit M·A·C" forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilMB
How can you tell that brush is fake from the picture? One thing that is wrong is that it isnt a foundation brush as stated, but a stippling brush.

First, you can use the 187 as a foundation brush too so it's not that what makes the whole thing hideous!

Here is a a pic of the brush from the auction:
45_1.JPG

And here's a pic of my 187 brush that I bought straight from a counter:
187stippling.jpg

So beside the fact that my brush is dirty
smiles.gif
you can see no number on the handle, the MAC logo is far too in the middle and the handle isn't straight!

cletus2894

I was looking at some of the other items that the seller has sold...and how in the world do you sell fake lip glasses?? It just amazes me the lengths that people go to just to make a buck!!!

AprilMB

FYI...according to my ebay mesaages, they are now going to have 'report this item' on the bottom of each page. If you think it is a little fishy, I guess you click on that and it goes to a seprate department to be looked into. The message said it would start showing up over the next few days. It makes it easier for everyone since it will have all the info there (item number,descrition,ect) I guess if they get enough reports about a listing, it will be removed. There's my 2 cents...
smiles.gif

aziza

Whew!.... I'm glad this thread is here! I'm trying to build my collection and the first place I would've looked was E-bay! I'll be ultra cautious now....

Mar

wow I never knew there were make up fakes! i was looking at some of the links posted to the fakes being sold on ebay and I would never have noticed, so now I'm kind of scared to order mac off ebay! Thanks so much for this thread you all are really helpful!

Lorelai

I had no idea false MAC products could be found/sold on eBay. Reading these posts made me double check the eye shadows I purchased prior to reading this thread; thankfully they're all genuine.

Does anyone have any tips on how to spot fake pigments?

hnich

My sister just told me her friend bought a whole bunch of cheap MAC eyeshadows from england in the asian market...She proceeded to tell me how cool they were with the little mirror and applicator..I then had the pleasure of telling her that her friend had bought a load of fake MAC...
You can find a whole bunch of fakes on Ebay if you search under Mac Eyeshadow for mirror applicator, and click search description...I can't believe how some of the people have like 99% feedback!
EDIT: I have just sent an email to someone who's selling counterfeit MAC, ur2good2me, it went as such:
"Hello, perhaps you don't realize it, but unfortunately the MAC items you are selling are counterfeit. Perhaps the person/company who sold it to you claimed they were an exclusive European brand, but that is false, no such have ever been released. I'd thought you might like to fix your listing then, because it's probably not good to sell counterfeit eyeshadow once you realize it, since the consumer has no idea what sort of products may be going onto their skin and it could be potentially dangerous for them."

I wonder what they'll reply..also if someone can check into their listings to make sure I'm right and it is fake I'd be appreciated, their good feedback worries me, and I'd be pretty redfaced if I was wrong...I am 90% sure I'm right though...

alysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
it would seem like its real... I buy all of my mac stuff from my-boo-kitty off of ebay when I go that route, she has great prices and her stuff id def real...

thank you! yea I kinda bought it before I realized MAC could be replicated...
ssad.gif

ShelleyME

eBay sellers selling Fake MAC

Hnich: I have tried to report the fake listings to eBay, but, they haven't done anything so far. I think that they leave it up to the ones holding the copyright to join their Vero program and do the reporting themselves. However, I contacted MAC to find out whether something was fake and to possibly list a webpage on how to tell a fake (Seven for all Mankind has a webpage like this). MAC is not interested. The only thing that they said was that I needed to buy from a MAC counter. I responded that when something is LE or sold out, MAC fans have to resort to buying from places like eBay and that there are fakes out there. So, the long and short of it is, if MAC is not interested in removing the fakes from the market, then, they will continue to circulate. It's up to us to educate ourselves through a thread like this one!

pumpkincat210

I reported bunch of stuff from this one seller... all horrid fakes, and Ebay removed them as members. I also noticed on Ebay that there is a lot less fake MAC than before, so if many people report fakes, they are more likely to remove the listing.

hnich

to: shelley
ah..i understand...I contacted the seller as well, I found her reply very confusing:

Hello. Thanks for your interest...however, it's NOT Claimed to be a Exclusive European brand you got that WAY WRONG I said it was Imported from there--not exclusive to there...AND I actually have that wrong...it says on the actual eyeshadow box from Canada & London with the MAC cosmetics web site imprinted right on the box underneath that and also the eyeshadow has the Original MAC Logo on the Plastic cover ... in checking it's exactly the same ... the Actual MAC Color Name may actually be on the box, but I can't read the French/Other Language some of this is printed in on the box to know what it is...So I chose to Make a name up and direct people to the MAC Site Color shades to look themselves. thanks for your interest. Nancy

ShelleyME

Hnich: That seller is either full of crap or just ignorant. The only French on there is the French words for eye shadow and the weight. Both are located next to the English words.

betty

Btw....

Listen, I know that fakes are a huge problem and all but may I ask what you ladies are doing buying Make up off of ebay anyways?! More than half the time the make up has been "slightly used".....EWWWW!!! Why would you want someone's used stuff, that person could have pink eye, or worse! Save your pennies and head to a MAC counter or store near you, or buy from MAC online, trust me it's worth the money when it comes to health not to mention the fraud problem!!!

XBETTYX

user2

Umm we're trying to get it under retail! Of course we can buy it online or at a store but where's the rush of adrenaline towards an auction ending?
greengrin.gif

pumpkincat210

Also people in other countries can't get it.. the store won't ship out of the country... or people don't have a credit card to buy online or over the phone. And you can get products that sold out too fast or postcards and the like.

Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty
Listen, I know that fakes are a huge problem and all but may I ask what you ladies are doing buying Make up off of ebay anyways?!

Some e-buyers, like myself, use eBay in order to find M.A.C cosmetics or sets which have been discontinued or were available for a limited time. Does it mean we don't purchase cosmetics via M.A.C. online, stores or counters? No. We're simply trying to find a way to purchase a product we love that is no longer available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty
More than half the time the make up has been "slightly used".....EWWWW!!!

This is why a person must use their common sense when buying cosmetics off any auction site. Generally, one looks for the terms New In Box, Never Been Used, and Never Been Opened in the description. If you don't see it written, you shouldn't bid on the item. Regardless of this fact, it is against policy to sell used cosmetics on eBay.

smiles.gif

Totally Fake! :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbas454
Just wanted to let you guys know that I just reported nonamesnow shes located in the uk and all of her items are fake I bought a load at christmas only to be told later that they were fake and to double check take them to a mac shop to check which i did and YEP FAAAAAAAKE. I got my money back off of paypal but she is still selling the junk so I reported her because Im sick to death of getting riped off.
ssad.gif

I know this seller too. NoNamesNow. Shes a huge on on Ebay.co.uk selling fake stuff. I got a Clinique lipstick from her and I changed my mind about paying cuz I found out it was a fake. She wasnt even bothered and said it was OK if I didnt pay, now she sends me all these newsletters and Paypal chainletters which is all bullSh*t just trying to scam you out. ALL of her listings are fake. Everything is a fake. I didnt even bother reporting her, but I will. I'm so happy I found this thread and also so mad cuz.......

I got a MAC LipGlass from Ebay UK and I think its a fake. Cant take a pic of it, but I think it is. I got it from some seller with the username of MisNuendo MisInuendo or something like that. Shes a big power seller on Ebay UK I think. Reputable n all. :-( The letters on the tube dont look right. They look painted on. It doesnt look perfect, its imperfect. But the box looks OK and pretty good, I think. I hate it. I feel pretty convinced that its a fake!!! My first MAC LipGlass and its a fake!!!!
cry.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts