Is it time to start a "Counterfeit M·A·C" forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

betty

still...............

Yeah I totally understand wanting to get things that you aren't able to get from the stores anymore....but that's why MAC has this program called "Gone but not forgotten".....where you are able to find tons of discontinued and long lost favourites. Even if the sellers on Ebay say the product has never been used, you can't always trust them! Plus, more often then not they're all fakes.....so why would you even want to take that risk??

As a professional MUA I think that it's not safe to buy Make up online from strange sellers. I see tons of people on there selling these "samples of Pigments"....that in itself is disgusting! Who knows if they've dipped into those Pigment jars with their dirty make up brushes and who knows the steps they took to sample each one of those Pigments. There might not be this problem with "fake" MAC make up if everyone didn't indulge the sellers on Ebay, so if you are going to risk buying from there in the first place then don't complain when you don't get what you asked for.

bubbas454

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPajangles
I know this seller too. NoNamesNow. Shes a huge on on Ebay.co.uk selling fake stuff. I got a Clinique lipstick from her and I changed my mind about paying cuz I found out it was a fake. She wasnt even bothered and said it was OK if I didnt pay, now she sends me all these newsletters and Paypal chainletters which is all bullSh*t just trying to scam you out. ALL of her listings are fake. Everything is a fake. I didnt even bother reporting her, but I will. I'm so happy I found this thread and also so mad cuz.......

I got a MAC LipGlass from Ebay UK and I think its a fake. Cant take a pic of it, but I think it is. I got it from some seller with the username of MisNuendo MisInuendo or something like that. Shes a big power seller on Ebay UK I think. Reputable n all. :-( The letters on the tube dont look right. They look painted on. It doesnt look perfect, its imperfect. But the box looks OK and pretty good, I think. I hate it. I feel pretty convinced that its a fake!!! My first MAC LipGlass and its a fake!!!!
cry.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Report her sweetie. eBay were not bothered when i reported her the first time but the more people that do report these crooks will give eBay a kick up the bum (well I hope anyway !)

Emma x

alysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty
Listen, I know that fakes are a huge problem and all but may I ask what you ladies are doing buying Make up off of ebay anyways?! More than half the time the make up has been "slightly used".....EWWWW!!! Why would you want someone's used stuff, that person could have pink eye, or worse! Save your pennies and head to a MAC counter or store near you, or buy from MAC online, trust me it's worth the money when it comes to health not to mention the fraud problem!!!

XBETTYX

You can santize them after you get them. Just grab an antibactirial wipe & with a quick swipe across the top it's safe to use again. Let it dry first though. I've seen MA's do this all the time when they put makeup on a person. Plus it's cheaper. LE/DC items.. the list goes on.

betty

Ha!

Do you really think that santizes them?? HA! I'm a MAC Artist and have been through Make up school and everything and trust me hun, that DOES NOT santize them, what you're basically doing by wiping the top layer is just moving the bacteria around, once a dirty brush touches the eyeshadow in the pot...it becomes contaminated. MAC can't afford to replace every eyeshadow after one use, so that's their "fail safe" proceedure. The only way to ensure an eye shadow stays sanitary is if you were to take a spatula and scrape the top of it so a little falls onto a kleenex and then use it from there. That's the way we were taught to be sanitary in school and that's the only way to ensure a clean environment......unfortunately I can't practice this at MAC but ebay would be the last place on earth where i'd buy make up!!

xxmissjennyxx

Quote:
As a professional MUA I think that it's not safe to buy Make up online from strange sellers. I see tons of people on there selling these "samples of Pigments"....that in itself is disgusting! Who knows if they've dipped into those Pigment jars with their dirty make up brushes and who knows the steps they took to sample each one of those Pigments. There might not be this problem with "fake" MAC make up if everyone didn't indulge the sellers on Ebay, so if you are going to risk buying from there in the first place then don't complain when you don't get what you asked for.

i totally agree on the samples. i understand that some people want to try out a color or want to buy several colors for the price of one full sized pigment, but who knows that they do take the proper precautions? they all claim to use a new container and a sterilized spoon, but how can you really know? i think the best thing to do would pool together with a couple of friends, and split the price and the jar of a pigment up. that way, you know thats its real, and clean. sorry, but thats just my opinion.

ShirleyK

Hi Gals,

I think I've been conned by one of my local Ebay seller... I bought these 2 things... can anyone tell me that whether it's original or not? Cos the seller told me that it was an original rejected products...

As I am so new to MAC and Ebay...
ssad.gif
and I believe her... I bought from her a week ago and till now kinda scared to use it... scared that my face will ruin...

be9ecf09.jpg

cb094c01.jpg

a54a03f3.jpg

4737b296.jpg

maxipoodle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Lolita
Hi Gals,

I think I've been conned by one of my local Ebay seller... I bought these 2 things... can anyone tell me that whether it's original or not? Cos the seller told me that it was an original rejected products...

ssad.gif
and I believe her... I bought from her a week ago and till now kinda scared to use it... scared that my face will ruin...

be9ecf09.jpg

cb094c01.jpg

a54a03f3.jpg

4737b296.jpg

It really really think that you were victim of major fraud!!!...i have never seen any mac eyeshadows look like that EVER...or StudioFix either...but if these are real then thats just crazy becuase I've never seen them!!
ssad.gif

ShirleyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipoodle1
It really really think that you were victim of major fraud!!!...i have never seen any mac eyeshadows look like that EVER...or StudioFix either...but if these are real then thats just crazy becuase I've never seen them!!
ssad.gif

That is so !@#$%^&* of her....
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

I think I'm gonna throw the powder but keep the case then buy 1 refill from MAC Counter as for the eyeshadow I think I'm gonna give it a try... the colours look so nice to me...

Really learnt my lesson...
weeping.gif
I think I must hang out more often at MAC store or if possible work there as well...
rofl.gif

AprilMB

I have never seen a shadow compact like that from MAC. I use studio fix and mine looked a little different too, sorry to say. Your better off throwing the powder away like you said, better to be safe than sorry! That sucks that your new to ebay and this is what happens to you. There are a lot of honest sellers out there and lately we only hear about the bad ones ripping everyone off with the frauds.

ShelleyME

Well, for the powder what is interesting is that the box says StudioFix, but the compact says Pro-preferred white. They are 2 different products. The Pro-preferred white is legit and apparently only sold in Asia. Asians are obsessed with having fair skin and it's a big market. I bought one from a MAC counter here in Singapore. It cost more, I was told that the powder was finer. I didn't get another one because it tended to make me itch.

Another thing is that I was told by the MAC MA's that you can't buy powder re-fills for Pro-preferred white. I'm not sure if you can for StudioFix though.

As for the eyeshadow compact, I'm wondering since the seller said that they were rejects (for marketing concepts?) that maybe they are like those eyeshadows marked SAMPLE that are sent to MA's, which are legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Lolita
Hi Gals,

ssad.gif

be9ecf09.jpg

cb094c01.jpg

a54a03f3.jpg

4737b296.jpg

m00nl1ght

Quote:
MAC has this program called "Gone but not forgotten"

may I know what's this program all about or where can I find it in the forum??? thanx ^^

Vicky88

Has anyone ever bought anything from barneysemporium on eBay? I know that the items are fake, but the thing is, my mum just bought me a blusher from there (not knowing about the numbered shade thing) and I didn't have the heart to tell her it was fake. since she bought it for me... so I was just wondering if when I recieve it, and complain, he will give me a refund? I'll just tell her I posted on here or something and turns out it's fake.

I'm really silly I know, but I feel so bad telling her it's fake after she spent her money on me.
ssad.gif

ShelleyME

I just checked out this person's auctions and there are so many fakes! I reported the 1st 10 fakes to eBay since that's the limit per report. I've noticed that sometimes the seller will list with a color name and number. Of those, sometimes the color actually matches the real MAC color.

In your case Vicky88: when you get the eye shadow, try to contact the seller and point out that you have learned that MAC cosmetics sold with numbers are fake. If it has a mirror, that will make another thing to point out as a fake. Ask for a refund and if that doesn't work, report it to eBay.

Go here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rCreateDispute

If your mother used Paypal, she can also file a claim through Paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88
Has anyone ever bought anything from barneysemporium on eBay? I know that the items are fake, but the thing is, my mum just bought me a blusher from there (not knowing about the numbered shade thing) and I didn't have the heart to tell her it was fake. since she bought it for me... so I was just wondering if when I recieve it, and complain, he will give me a refund? I'll just tell her I posted on here or something and turns out it's fake.

I'm really silly I know, but I feel so bad telling her it's fake after she spent her money on me.
ssad.gif

christina83

Hey, I was just going through ebay.co.uk and i noticed there are less fakes on there and also barneysemporium is no longer a registered user!!!!

~Crystal~

Real lipglasse and lip palette?

Hi all!
I'm new to Specktra- just joined up tonight since i've been going on a bit of a mac craze lately... just starting to get into it
smiles.gif

Coming across this thread, i was really interested to see the examples that have been listed so far. Especially the ones with the eyeshadows... I never would've known until after breaking out into rashes or something.

So to test what I learnt from this thread, I went to take a look around ebay, trying to identify reals and fakes. Just came across a palette that I really like, but after reading all that, i'm kinda concerned about whether it's real or not!

Are there as many fake palettes as potted eyeshadows and lipglasses? :confused:

Went for a search around the items this seller has sold in the past- would someone care to take a look and tell me if these are real or not?

Thanks so much
smiles.gif

Bow%20Belle.JPG

A previously sold palette:
Jewel1.jpg

Jewel3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts