Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

PolyphonicLove

I really want Ludwig - perfect for school and work. Beethoven would be awesome as well. Loved seeing the photos and reviews! I'm sold. :]

Papa_Keilbasa

I got Romantico liner and it's soo beautiful, I love it! I want both the palettes x] ['cause I'm greedy, hahahhahaa! xD] but mostly Beethoven.
Did anyone get Lolita lip paint? I'd love to see it swatched!

duckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Keilbasa
I got Romantico liner and it's soo beautiful, I love it! I want both the palettes x] ['cause I'm greedy, hahahhahaa! xD] but mostly Beethoven.
Did anyone get Lolita lip paint? I'd love to see it swatched!

Oh oh - I did! It is such a unique color! In the tube, I kinda thought it would be more of a mauve pink or a "dusty rose" as described on the site. On me, however, it is a surprisingly dark and opaque brick-mauve. A terrible description, I know, but I will try to swatch it tomorrow for you so you can see it.

duckduck

Oh god - way too much! Both palettes, Lolita, and Hellbent. Also, I am still eying those liners, but I prefer fluidlines so I'll probably be able to resist
winks.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckduck
Oh god - way too much! Both palettes, Lolita, and Hellbent. Also, I am still eying those liners, but I prefer fluidlines so I'll probably be able to resist
winks.gif

lol! Too fun. Enjoy.
smiles.gif

StephsCl

MAC_WHORE great review, I couldn't of said it any better... I'm still drooling over the greens...
drools.gif

Here's some more eyeshadow swatches for you guys. I was quite pleased with the eyeshadow quality and color pay-off. Great deal for what you get. The Blue and Greens were stand-out colors for me. What's your favorites?

PolyphonicLove

bah, the blue is the only stand out colour in beethoven. its the blue I'd been looking for! and I love the black. really deep.

User40

Oh, I love the packaging for this collection. It has a sort of rubbery feel to it, though the plastic doesn't feel solid like MAC cases. The brush set is a different matter, however. I wasn't expecting a lot from the brushes. I knew they wouldn't be as nice as MAC's, but the case, though cute, is REALLY cheap. Overall, I thought the collection was very nice, but the brushes way overpriced.

I'm loving Lolita l/s and the purples in Beethoven.

makeupgal

Okay, so I said there was no way I was buying this stuff cuz it's Sephora makeup... Well, I checked it out and bought both eyeshadow palettes. The texture is good and the colors are really pretty. I really liked the lipsticks too. So I stand corrected.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgal
Okay, so I said there was no way I was buying this stuff cuz it's Sephora makeup... Well, I checked it out and bought both eyeshadow palettes. The texture is good and the colors are really pretty. I really liked the lipsticks too. So I stand corrected.

They are hard to resist, aren't they? lol

daniellefc

i love these too! i have never tried sephora brand eyeshadows before either, but just about everywhere i've read ppl saying they are much better quality than sephora brand.
i ordered beethoven first. i am really happy with how buildable lucifer is, sometimes i'm heavy handed w/ darker shades and i havent had a problem with this one. i adore raxor and speed blue. those are probably my favorites. anyways as soon as i tried these i got online and ordered ludwig, lol, and am equally pleased with this palette(with the exception of clay. boo.). great neutrals.
i want to buy a couple of the lipsticks but i think i'll wait for swatches too.
smiles.gif

aeroSOUL

i'm only going to buy the lipsticks, i breathe red lips... but uhhh, KATs make up her self is always matte shadows pretty much, i don't understand why there is only one or two matte colours in the collection! wtf?!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroSOUL
..... KATs make up her self is always matte shadows pretty much, i don't understand why there is only one or two matte colours in the collection! wtf?!

True. Probably to appeal more to the general population. A palette of all/mostly mattes might not sell as much. That being said, I'd be all over it! I am rediscovering my mattes lately.

Aside from the fact that I was wearing way too many frosts lately (I love them, don't get me wrong), I started to incorporate a lot more mattes to improve my techniques. Mattes are a little more unforgiving, so they force you to step up your game.

lol...I have to laugh. I talk about eye shadow application like it is heart surgery!

MrsRjizzle

Sorry if this has already been said. But to let you know the kat von d shadows are sephora brand reforumlated. all sephora shaodows are gonna be re relaeased with this new forumula. so u are just getting kats packaging...with the shaodw you already know and love (or hate)

luvme4me

By any chance does anyone know what products were used on Denise Richards on Inked magazine with Kat Von D, it most likely should of been from Kat's line.

HockeyChick04

According to beauty and the blog Kat and Sephora are extending the line. All it says is that they are adding another palette with blues and grays called "Metal Orchestra" and there will be at least one more lipstick in a dark shade. I have been satisfied with what I have gotten from her collection already (both palettes and all the lipsticks) so I might be able to justify buying more as long as the colors don't get to repetitive. Hopefully more info comes soon.

Latest posts