L'oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow

coffee1

I picked a couple of these up last week. Supposedly they are dupes for the Armani Eyes to Kill shadows. I haven't tried those, so I don't know if that's true, but they are pretty great. They are super long lasting with no creasing, and the colors are really beautiful.

Who has tried them? What do you think? Does anyone have both the L'oreal shadows and the ETK shadows - how similar are they?

mac_aiken

I have both and I like the L'Oreal. The wear isn't quite the same and the ETK colors are more complex but L'Oreal did a decent job on theirs.

almostcosmic

I love mine, I just bought 5 and they are fantastic. I was never going to buy the GA ones, I did not really like the colors. For $8.00 you get more then you pay for and the shade Bronzed Taupe......this is my favorite taupe ever. I swatched it and I can't stop looking at it.

PixieDancer

HUGE LOVE for Amber Rush! I have been using it alone and under Sweet Heat from MAC's In Extra Dimension collection. It is a gorgeous everyday staple eyeshadow for me. Quick swipe with my finger on the lid, MAC Ricepaper inner tearduct, Benefit High Brow as my brow highlight... I'm good to go! Picked up several more shades and the new pink color from the Summer collection looks beautiful!

rockin

I bought 3 more of these today (Superdrug have a 3 for 2 offer) - Naughty Strawberry, Innocent Turquoise and Sassy Marshmallow, bringing my total up to 7 of these. So pretty!

becca1014

I have both and I like the L'Oreal. The wear isn't quite the same and the ETK colors are more complex but L'Oreal did a decent job on theirs.
I have both as well. I do have to say that the Armani ETK wears a bit longer than the L'Oreal ones without any fading.

mayushka

I got purple obsession and forever pink, and I love them. The color payoff is really good, and those two shades are very pretty, though I wouldn't wear the purple one in the day. Only negative for me is that the pink one is too shimmery, but it looks ok.

bimala

I absolutely love them, I own all 10 shades launched in India. I haven't tried the Armanis so I can't comment on that but I can say the texture and finishes are gorgeous!

PixieDancer

My love affair with these babies continues... Just added 16 more to my collection including 6 from Canada that are not available in the US!! That puts me up to 20 of these now in my collection! There isn't one that I've tried that I don't LOVE!!! I'm actually passing on most of the colors from the MAC Electric Cool Collection in favor of these... And I never thought I'd see the day I'd turn my back on a new MAC collection for a drugstore product! But, if it's good, it's good. Period! And I'm NOT a big drugstore cosmetics fan at all! Everyone should try 1 or 2 of these...

kimbunney

I love these as well. I was trying to resist for the longest time because I hate buying into hype of a product (for example BB creams). I saw one color I thought was unique, Pink Sapphire, and I fell in love! Altogether I have eight now I love love love the teal bluish color that came out in the summer collection. Also Midnight blue. They are def. good quality for the price.

PixieDancer

I love these as well. I was trying to resist for the longest time because I hate buying into hype of a product (for example BB creams). I saw one color I thought was unique, Pink Sapphire, and I fell in love! Altogether I have eight now I love love love the teal bluish color that came out in the summer collection. Also Midnight blue. They are def. good quality for the price.
THAT Teal... Endless Sea!! GORGEOUS!! Used it as a liner today and it just POPS!! I don't fall for hyped products either. I'm usually the last one to get the most hyped stuff (including the UD Naked Palette... I had to be the last person to own that! LOL) But I got Amber Rush when my makeup bag accidently got left behind on a trip, and I was trying to grab things I could make due with as cheaply as possible. I ended up using that shadow LONGGGGG after I got home to my beloved expensive makeup stash! THAT told me something! Amber Rush is still, to this day, a top fav for me out of this collection! Next thing you know.... Now I have 20 of these! They are addictive and definitely live up to the hype in my book!

I'm actually skipping the light pink from the EC Collection because of Pink Sapphire!! It IS beautiful!

singer82

I just bought 6 of these gorgeous shadows! Endless Sea is def gorg. Theres really 20 out there? Wow.
Two of the ones I'm looking for that I cannot find is Gleaming Bronze and the Pink Sapphire :( Maybe ebay?

OhSoJaded

I just bought 6 of these gorgeous shadows! Endless Sea is def gorg. Theres really 20 out there? Wow.
Two of the ones I'm looking for that I cannot find is Gleaming Bronze and the Pink Sapphire :( Maybe ebay?
I know that Pink Sapphire was part of their summer LE collection. Maybe Gleaming Bronze was as well? I looked for Pink Sapphire on ebay and it was $15.90 w. shipping! I don't need to find it THAT badly, haha. I did see Forever Pink (the international version?) on ebay and ironically enough, it was cheaper. I would assume it just takes awhile to arrive

PixieDancer

I know that Pink Sapphire was part of their summer LE collection. Maybe Gleaming Bronze was as well? I looked for Pink Sapphire on ebay and it was $15.90 w. shipping! I don't need to find it THAT badly, haha. I did see Forever Pink (the international version?) on ebay and ironically enough, it was cheaper. I would assume it just takes awhile to arrive
Yes, Gleaming Bronze was also a part of the Summer Collection. Pink Sapphire IS Forever Pink, so whichever one of those you can find, they are the same color, just with a different name. Pink Sapphire was the US version of FP. I just found ONE Pink Sapphire left at a Drug Mart near me (look for the individual Summer Display case, it won't be with the perm colors against the wall) and the whole display was on clearance! I got duckrodea a PS for only $3.99!! So, if your lucky enough to stumble across one still on display in the States, you should be able to score a good deal on it.

There are more than 20 if you factor in international realeases! I don't even have all of the US perm colors included in that 20!
The shades I have, if anyone wants any info or swatches are:
Amber Rush (perm US)
Bronzed taupe (perm US)
Gold Imperial (Summer LE Collection US)
Pink Sapphire (Summer LE Collection US)
Sultry Smoke (perm US)
Liquid Diamond (new shade perm US)
Iced Latte (perm US)
Endless sea (new perm US)
Golden Sage (perm US)
Gleaming Bronze (Summer LE Collection US)
Bottomless Java (new perm US)
Glistening Garnet (new perm US)
Perpetual Purple (perm US)
Smoldering Plum (perm US)
Goldmine (Canada release, not available in the US)
Innocent Turquoise (Canada release, not available in the US)
Sassy Marshmallow (Canada release, not available in the US)
Metalic Lilac (Canada release, not available in the US)
Magnetic Coral (Canada release, not available in the US)
Tender Caramel (Canada release, not available in the US)

The ones from Canada I just ordered... So I won't have those for at least another week.
Just be careful, if you have several shades, that you don't buy it's international dupe!

kimbunney

It would be wonderful if you can post all the swatches you got, if you don't mind of course! It took me forever to find PS as well. I went to six different locations and everytime it was sold out or they didn't have it. Today I have on PS on the lid, Endless Sea on the outer lid and crease and I also dragged it along the lower lash line, and Endless Pearl (I may have the name wrong but its a matte eyebrow color; also I think Foxy from the NAKED2 may be similiar). I would show a picture but all I got is my iphone cam and it doesn't pick up makeup looks the best.

OhSoJaded

Was the Ulta sale online only? I stopped by Ulta after work and I didn't see any signage noting the B2G1 Free sale. I didn't bother ask a SA since they didn't have any of the shades I wanted.

PixieDancer

Was the Ulta sale online only? I stopped by Ulta after work and I didn't see any signage noting the B2G1 Free sale. I didn't bother ask a SA since they didn't have any of the shades I wanted.
The promotions are available both online and in the stores. If you get their catalogs, they are in there and you could always take that with you to validate the sale you are supposed to get.
They do have coupons that are sometimes only good online or in store, but promotions like B1G1, etc. are available in both.

I rarely shop inside my ULTA store. It's always a mess. Picked over and opened, ruined products everywhere... It's a nightmare. So I just let a list accumulate, then when they run a good sale, I buy online.. as long as my purchase is $50 or more, I get free shipping on top of any sales and/or coupons!

Latest posts