M.A.C. & Lorde Collection (June 5, 2014)

mosha010

For @michelle79
sygutu2u.jpg

mosha010

I smelled gimmick. That's "smoked purple" lippy if I ever saw it. W that said: anyone into lorde, I respect u and all. But hell no for me.

vaisforluvrs

I expect full honesty from our lovely Specktraettes here.....

I love Lorde's music, but I just don't feel like she has established herself as a beauty/style/fashion icon to anchor a solo collaboration. Am I just being a hater? I just feel that there are other celebs who have broken boundaries and are legitimate fashion/style/beauty icons or even other pop culture phenomenons that would make a better collection than Lorde; especially just barely coming off Punk Couture.

Thoughts? Comments? Counterarguments? Kick in the pants to get me on board?

2cents.gif
I don't think they have really been thinking that way, at least that's what it seems like. I don't consider Hayley Williams, Sharon & Kelly Osbourne or even Rihanna as beauty or style icons. Am I the only one?

SleepingBeauty

Amen to that.

I don't like her, I don't like her music, I think she's overhyped and most of all - I have to agree with @SassClassBeauty. She's only been around for a few months and MAC's already doing a collaboration with her? Oh well.
I can understand the collaborations with Rihanna or the Osbournes because they have been in the showbiz for years and decades now but Lorde... Urgh.

No offense to whoever's into her, though.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I love Lorde's music, but I just don't feel like she has established herself as a beauty/style/fashion icon to anchor a solo collaboration.  Am I just being a hater?  I just feel that there are other celebs who have broken boundaries and are legitimate fashion/style/beauty icons or even other pop culture phenomenons that would make a better collection than Lorde; especially just barely coming off Punk Couture.   Thoughts? Comments?  Counterarguments?  Kick in the pants to get me on board?  :2cents:
I don't think they have really been thinking that way, at least that's what it seems like. I don't consider Hayley Williams, Sharon & Kelly Osbourne or even Rihanna as beauty or style icons. Am I the only one?
They're all popular now, especially Lorde. That's why MAC is working with them. It doesn't matter, to MAC, that they're not fashion icons (and I would agree that none of them are). Also: Lorde is young, and I think that's also a reason for this collaboration. Get late teenage girls and early twenty-something-year-old women, those in Lorde's age group, interested in MAC.

SavannahLovely

They're all popular now, especially Lorde. That's why MAC is working with them. It doesn't matter, to MAC, that they're not fashion icons (and I would agree that none of them are). Also: Lorde is young, and I think that's also a reason for this collaboration. Get late teenage girls and early twenty-something-year-old women, those in Lorde's age group, interested in MAC.
I completely agree. I think Mac is trying to broaden their age group. I see that with the Sharon Osbourne collection as well, because my grandma (who is 70) and her best friend who normally never buy Mac makeup want to get the entire collection just because they watch The Talk everyday and love Sharon. With the Osbourne collection, they are getting two age groups, and with Lorde's (whose actually comes out the same day), Mac is pulling in a third age group. AND Pedro Lourenço's collection comes out that day. So I guess you can think of it as their is something for everyone!

Glitteryvegas

Why the hell hasn't there been a Gwen Stefani collaboration?! Lorde has been around for approx. 5 seconds. I consider Gwen a style icon and a woman who has pushed boundaries during her very successful and long career. Maybe Gwen costs too much?!
soapbox.gif

When I first saw Lorde I thought hmm....which designer is that?! That just shows how out of the loop I am, or how little influence Lorde has on my age bracket (30).

kerry-jane88

Oh wow like I said on the early buzz thread I was thinking this would be such a great collaboration just this morning! I get that shes not had long to establish herself but time moves quick for the young and her work with amber d is so current and fresh, I wish she was around when I was 17! And I like that it's capitalizing on that zeitgeist now. I hope it's more substantial than the hayley Williams collab, but im happy regardless. I know she uses smoked purple, heroine, nightmoth etc.. Maybe it will be perms or tweaked versions of them, surely a great chance for a pure heroine lippie! Btw, if anyone knows the product list for that tour face chart I'd be grateful! :)

itskathleeeen

Why the hell hasn't there been a Gwen Stefani collaboration?!  Lorde has been around for approx. 5 seconds. I consider Gwen a style icon and a woman who has pushed boundaries during her very successful and long career.  Maybe Gwen costs too much?!   :soapbox:  
OMG! I would love to see a Gwen Stefani collection!

Latest posts