M.A.C. & Lorde Collection (June 5, 2014)

Spectacular

Folks are talking about whether she's too new for a MAC collection and I'm just sitting here like...

This is a summer collection?

I'm not one of those who thinks you can't wear a dark lip during Spring or Summer, I just don't really understand why you'd advertise such a vampy lip knowing a majority of women/girls would have probably snatched it up during Winter rather than waiting for Summer.

As for whether she should have a collection. Um..honestly for me I need someone who actually wears makeup to have a MAC collection, wearing liner and a little lip balm doesn't make me enthusiastic about your makeup collection. I do know she has worn makeup, a very vampy lip...but its those two extremes. Barely nothing for most of her pics, or a very vampy lip or smoky eye for her music videos/performances.

And before anyone thinks of me as a hater, I think she's a perfectly lovely girl and I enjoy her music. I just wish she wore...makeup, lol. I don't consider liner or lipgloss unique enough for a collection unless they just repromote Smoked Purple and call it a day.

Glitteryvegas

OMG! I would love to see a Gwen Stefani collection!
I would also thoroughly enjoy a P!NK collection. Just have to wait until she gets rid of Cover Girl
girlhaha.gif

thebloomroom

I don't think they have really been thinking that way, at least that's what it seems like. I don't consider Hayley Williams, Sharon & Kelly Osbourne or even Rihanna as beauty or style icons. Am I the only one?
I am biased but I love rihanna as a style/makeup icon. Her looks during paris fashion week were INSANE. she is just gorgeous without trying.

Totally agree on the others though

Lipstickwh0re

Why the hell hasn't there been a Gwen Stefani collaboration?! Lorde has been around for approx. 5 seconds. I consider Gwen a style icon and a woman who has pushed boundaries during her very successful and long career. Maybe Gwen costs too much?!
soapbox.gif

When I first saw Lorde I thought hmm....which designer is that?! That just shows how out of the loop I am, or how little influence Lorde has on my age bracket (30).
She looks like a mall goth. I don't see anything but dark colors coming out of working with her.

Prettypackages

I expect full honesty from our lovely Specktraettes here.....

I love Lorde's music, but I just don't feel like she has established herself as a beauty/style/fashion icon to anchor a solo collaboration. Am I just being a hater? I just feel that there are other celebs who have broken boundaries and are legitimate fashion/style/beauty icons or even other pop culture phenomenons that would make a better collection than Lorde; especially just barely coming off Punk Couture.

Thoughts? Comments? Counterarguments? Kick in the pants to get me on board?

2cents.gif

Honi

Not a fan of her music at all but I like the concept of vampy lips and light skin so perhaps there will be a product or two I will enjyo!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Folks are talking about whether she's too new for a MAC collection and I'm just sitting here like... This is a summer collection? 
I'm too distracted by that picture of her with Tilda Swinton and David Bowie, tbh. (Actually, Bowie would be a great muse for a collection, IMO!)

DarylandCarole

I don't think they have really been thinking that way, at least that's what it seems like. I don't consider Hayley Williams, Sharon & Kelly Osbourne or even Rihanna as beauty or style icons. Am I the only one?
I don't consider them style ICONS. Rihanna has a certain style, but the others, not really. I don't care who a collab is with, if I like the make-up I'll buy it, and vice versa.

ladymeag

i kind of feel like MAC is going easy and taking folks they know they can push in a certain direction instead of folks they know will have strong ideas and identities about what is associated with them.

Honestly, I'd love a Bowie/Tilda collection.

bluelitzer

I love that lipstick and I definitely will get it. Hopefully it's something new and not a repromote or something permanent.

monibackincali

so although I enjoy her music, I wish mac would start aiming launches for other age groups other than under 22.

I'm ready for some NO DOUBT color stories or just Gwen Stefani....OMG..... imagine???

how about something crazy like Stevie Nicks or Billie Holiday..... all I know is NO MORE RIRI!!!

stephanyv

I expect full honesty from our lovely Specktraettes here.....  I love Lorde's music, but I just don't feel like she has established herself as a beauty/style/fashion icon to anchor a solo collaboration.  Am I just being a hater?  I just feel that there are other celebs who have broken boundaries and are legitimate fashion/style/beauty icons or even other pop culture phenomenons that would make a better collection than Lorde; especially just barely coming off Punk Couture.   Thoughts? Comments?  Counterarguments?  Kick in the pants to get me on board?  :2cents:
I don't think they necessarily picked her because she's a fashion icon or anything. She's different and a little edgy, she doesn't really fit into the pop culture stereotype,and MAC tries to keep it as unique an innovative as they can!!!! I'm exxxxcccciiiittteeeddd!!! (Clearly I love her my opinion maybe a little biased as well!! Lol) #macLorde

OctoberViolet

OR BOWIE/ TILDA collection
Love these ideas also. I think we had a post somewhere about collections/collaberations we would love to see MAC do. I am still wishing for a Debbie Harry, The Runaways or just Joan Jett and/or Pat Benatar collaberation. I guess my age is starting to show. I loved these women since I was a kid and they are all strong, independant and very talented women in their own right and back in the 80's their makeup rocked out punk glam like no one's business. Debbie Harry was a cosmetologist at one point I do believe (& always wore her makeup great imho) and also a Playboy Bunny before becoming a singer. I'd also love an Adele collection. She's fierce!

OctoberViolet

Folks are talking about whether she's too new for a MAC collection and I'm just sitting here like...

This is a summer collection?

I'm not one of those who thinks you can't wear a dark lip during Spring or Summer, I just don't really understand why you'd advertise such a vampy lip knowing a majority of women/girls would have probably snatched it up during Winter rather than waiting for Summer.

As for whether she should have a collection. Um..honestly for me I need someone who actually wears makeup to have a MAC collection, wearing liner and a little lip balm doesn't make me enthusiastic about your makeup collection. I do know she has worn makeup, a very vampy lip...but its those two extremes. Barely nothing for most of her pics, or a very vampy lip or smoky eye for her music videos/performances.

And before anyone thinks of me as a hater, I think she's a perfectly lovely girl and I enjoy her music. I just wish she wore...makeup, lol. I don't consider liner or lipgloss unique enough for a collection unless they just repromote Smoked Purple and call it a day.
The pix of Lorde w/Tilda and David.... she looks like she could be their daughter. I like Lorde with the lighter lips also. We both have the same wild curly hair, so I love her for that also. Just my two cents.

SandyCervix

Oh... she sings that uber annoying song Royals???? Im all set! This must be a ploy to reel in some youngsters. She does have a lovely voice but that song....that song! Just UGH! LOL .....Sorry to any off y'all who like her...#noh8 I agree with what others have said as far as this not feeling Summery and it being a little redundant with the dark/vampy lip from Punk Couture. Also, I cant help but feel like this has kinda already been done with Azalea Banks' Yung Rapunxel...She may not have had multiple products but whatevs..this is highly likely to be a skip for me.