M.A.C. & Lorde Collection (June 5, 2014)

Indieprincess

I love Lorde's album, its in my constant rotation so I'm pretty stoked to see what lipsticks she comes out with. I really dig the vampy/90s grunge thing so...yeah.

fur4elise

I need a Janelle Monae collaboration but she has to ditch Cover Girl
^^^^^^This I totally agree with! Love her, her style & her music...& of course Bowie, Swinton, Gwen Stefani would all be great potential collabs!

I am still with the 2014 "low buy/no buy" group! Until MAC does something truly NEW & earth quake amazing, it is a no-go!, with my hard earned dollars staying put in my wallet!!! Peace!

Lipstickjunkii

I'm not psyched about it, probably because I got what I wanted from the PC collection. Besides I can only own so many vampy lippies.

DILLIGAF

Why the hell hasn't there been a Gwen Stefani collaboration?! Lorde has been around for approx. 5 seconds. I consider Gwen a style icon and a woman who has pushed boundaries during her very successful and long career. Maybe Gwen costs too much?!
soapbox.gif

When I first saw Lorde I thought hmm....which designer is that?! That just shows how out of the loop I am, or how little influence Lorde has on my age bracket (30).
Gwen would have to get her self out of that Cover Girl contract like Rihanna did before she can get put on to MAC. I'm sure she's thinking about it since RiRi hearts MAC came out lol.

Marsha Pomells

I have a feeling that there's gonna be a couple of nudes or very pale pinks and couple of dark vampy lipsticks. Just gonna have to wait and see

jchait

Wait so am I the only one who would actually enjoy a Miley collection? I feel like there would be some awesome colors in that collection (maybe even bring back a color like Pink Pigeon?!)

Prettypackages

. I have my own issues with the song Royals but that has nothing to do with her aesthetically. Being totally honest though she sorta scares me.
I'm curious to know what they are.

AND ~dying~ at the black celeb references. funny yet so sad.

A Lupita collex would be fkn awesome on sooo many levels. We should start tweeting that.

Lipstickwh0re

Wait so am I the only one who would actually enjoy a Miley collection? I feel like there would be some awesome colors in that collection (maybe even bring back a color like Pink Pigeon?!)
No you're not lmao. I'd like to see that I think it would be edgy and fun. Bright colors, bright red lips and possibly glowy skin. Sometimes she can actually look very soft and demure. Others, she can be brash and unkempt.

Marsha Pomells

Was flicking through google to find a certain pic of Lorde wearing purple lipstick at the Grammys...
6b678d23_image.jpeg
... What colour purple is this???? And would this shade be in her collection???? Photo from dailymail.co.uk

Lipstickwh0re

HA! Funny!

I'm curious to know what they are.

AND ~dying~ at the black celeb references. funny yet so sad.

A Lupita collex would be fkn awesome on sooo many levels. We should start tweeting that.
There's a LupitaforMAC tag on twitter actually. You've never heard the argument that the song is a critique on pop culture?/ rap music. In that context the song takes on a whole new meaning. I'll give you one example. Area Codes by Ludacris. ''I'm not proud of my address/ In a torn up town, no post code envy.'' Rappers are always shouting out their cities/where they come from. Also, the cadillac has long been a symbol of success/black wealth.