M.A.C. & Lorde Collection (June 5, 2014)

OctoberViolet

Only if they bring back prince noir. I would love to see collab with Pink or Katy Perry.
Yes to everything you said above.
sweet.png

Wolverina

I don't need Lorde to be established to want this collection or think she "deserves" one. Established "artists" like Rihanna, Fergie and Lady Gaga had collaborations that confused me. I'm not going to go into boring detail why I think LG and Rihanna made little to no sense as VG spokesperson IMHO. I'm perfectly ok with a well spoken, tabloid free, stylish youngun' heading a small collection

OctoberViolet

Photo from dailymail.co.uk
that color kinda reminds me of illamasqua Kontrol. may be off. either way its drool worthy.
You know. I have that lippie and I forgot I had it.
th_crazy2.gif
I have a serious lipstick addiction. I can barely remember what lipsticks and brands I have in my apartment. Augh! I need to find Kontrol and see if it's similar. I still want whatever it is she's wearing cause it looks like my type of purple.
love.gif

tchristi

I watched the grammys and dont recall lorde looking like that, not sitting in audience, not performing, not accepting her award, she had dark lips. I much prefer doing a collection with her than reality tv people like the osbornes.
Was flicking through google to find a certain pic of Lorde wearing purple lipstick at the Grammys...
6b678d23_image.jpeg
... What colour purple is this???? And would this shade be in her collection???? Photo from dailymail.co.uk

Marsha Pomells

I watched the grammys and dont recall lorde looking like that, not sitting in audience, not performing, not accepting her award, she had dark lips. I much prefer doing a collection with her than reality tv people like the osbornes.
She wore this colour at the pre Grammy lunch/brunch

Ajigglin

I expect full honesty from our lovely Specktraettes here.....  I love Lorde's music, but I just don't feel like she has established herself as a beauty/style/fashion icon to anchor a solo collaboration.  Am I just being a hater?  I just feel that there are other celebs who have broken boundaries and are legitimate fashion/style/beauty icons or even other pop culture phenomenons that would make a better collection than Lorde; especially just barely coming off Punk Couture.   Thoughts? Comments?  Counterarguments?  Kick in the pants to get me on board?  :2cents:
Facts. I love Royal, though, so I can't wait to see what this collection looks like. :)

Ajigglin

I don't think they have really been thinking that way, at least that's what it seems like. I don't consider Hayley Williams, Sharon & Kelly Osbourne or even Rihanna as beauty or style icons. Am I the only one?
Rihanna for sure is one. I keep saying she'd be better off on a runway than try to sing.

Ajigglin

These comments are hilarious. Poor Lorde. You are not the one, boo-Specktra has spoken. I am most especially mad at the comment about the leftover Yung Rapunzels and the one about 5 black actors at a time because that is nothing but TRUTH. Lmao!

vaisforluvrs

Rihanna for sure is one. I keep saying she'd be better off on a runway than try to sing.
I don't know. Being a model doesn't necessarily make someone a style or beauty icon. Someone here was saying that Rihanna is a muse to some designers, which to me means something completely different than being an icon. When I think of a style icon, I think of someone who dresses in their own unique way that isn't like anyone else. I know that Kate Moss is definitely a muse for many designers, probably because of her look or body type, but I never really think or hear about her personal style. But, I do think of her as a beauty icon because she has a unique look that models still strive to emulate and designers still want on their runway. And she'll always be remembered for the heroin chic look (good or bad, I won't comment).

I don't understand some of the things Rihanna wears sometimes. She can look really good one minute, and trashy the next. Her style/look doesn't seem consistent. I wonder if it really depends on if she is styled or not.

Odelia

At the end of the day there will be people loving collections and hating on collections because of what it's called/and/or who represents the collection.
It's up to every individual to decide how much they love/hate a collection based on that.
yes.gif
And I can honestly respect that! After all, as consumers, we decide what we spend our money on.

BUT the way I look at it is, would I wear that makeup?
If it's a collection that especially draws me because of a person/thing representing it, then yeah, I personally would buy more because of it! Good job, Mac marketing team for maybe looking at a different angle!
girlhaha.gif

I kind of respect Mac for not always collaborating with the super established celebs. It adds some variety. I can understand those who question Mac working with non established beauty or style icons but then again variety is always good. These are makeup collections - not an album/movie/framed art masterpiece. It all depends on whose opinion you ask.
I really was not into Rihanna at all but that didn't hold me back on spending my makeup funds on key pieces that called to me
love.gif
I always wait until I see the colours from collections before I decide on spending my hard earned money.

dancewithme

I really was not into Rihanna at all but that didn't hold me back on spending my makeup funds on key pieces that called to me
love.gif
I always wait until I see the colours from collections before I decide on spending my hard earned money.
I feel the same way - it's the colours that decide if I buy from a collection or not. In a way I feel a bit embarrassed whipping out a Rihanna lipstick, but if I like the colour enough...

Before the Hayley Williams collection, I would never in a million years have thought about buying an orange lipstick, but once I saw it, I thought I would give it a try, and now I love orange lippies and have bought several more! I'm 100% indifferent to Hayley Williams/Paramore, but if it hadn't been for that collection bringing orange lipstick into my mind, I would probably never have tried it!

jchait

So I was wondering what this "Team Low Buy" was, I keep seeing it in people's signatures....looked it up....holy cow that is some serious self control!

heirloom94

I think this will be an easy skip for me, the only reason I'm not feeling this collection is because I think the makeup she wears ages her horribly (and maybe because I hate the song). But I'll wait and see

erine1881

I think this will be an easy skip for me, the only reason I'm not feeling this collection is because I think the makeup she wears ages her horribly (and maybe because I hate the song). But I'll wait and see 
It's HOW she wears the makeup that ages her, not the makeup itself.

heirloom94

You make a valid point and I should probably reserve judgement until I've seen the collection. Hopefully I wont like it because I've spent way too much on makeup in the past few months and there are other collections that I love

mosha010

True. Cause I wear the hell out of smoked purple without making me look coffin ready. Sorry lordettes....