M.A.C. & Lorde Collection (June 5, 2014)

NellyOg

Let me know your opinions about this new collection. Will be something new? new colors maybe? I read it here: http://fashionbi.com/newspaper/mac-s-new-collaboration

mosha010

http://www.specktra.net/t/187684/m-a-c-lorde-collaboration-summer-2014 And the convo is getting heated!!! Head over!

Spectacular

Jmo, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact she doesn't balance out her makeup (or her makeup artist doesn't)

For instance that pic of her with the lipstick that might be Kontrol, I can't detect a hint of blush on her cheeks. There's no mascara, her lashes aren't curled. I 'think' there's some eye shadow in her outer corner (light tan brown) and maybe some on her lid (I see some shimmer).

Its just bare face and BAM purple lipstick. The color of the lipstick brings to attention how pale her skin in (in a not so nice way) and that little bit of tan on her lids does kinda have that...coffin-ready feel. She looks lovely when they balance her makeup out a little more.

lyseD

Just watching Much Music and they said Lorde was the new Viva Glam spokesperson and it would be released this summer.

erine1881

Jmo, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact she doesn't balance out her makeup (or her makeup artist doesn't) For instance that pic of her with the lipstick that might be Kontrol, I can't detect a hint of blush on her cheeks. There's no mascara, her lashes aren't curled. I 'think' there's some eye shadow in her outer corner (light tan brown) and maybe some on her lid (I see some shimmer). Its just bare face and BAM purple lipstick. The color of the lipstick brings to attention how pale her skin in (in a not so nice way) and that little bit of tan on her lids does kinda have that...coffin-ready feel. She looks lovely when they balance her makeup out a little more.
Exactly! 1. She needs some colour in the face, whether it's blush or a contour. And her face is far too matte. She needs a bit of glow somewhere. 2. She needs some definition in the eyes. The colour needs to be in the crease, not the outer corner, if she's gonna wesr colour. Otherwise forego the colour completely and go with a skintone shimmery lid, but it needs to have a slight sheen to it, and either do a winged liner, or no liner at all, but she NEEDS to do something with her lashes! Curl em, lots of (clean) mascara, and/or false lashes. SOMETHING!!! If you're gonna have a bold lip like that you need to balance it out with your eye, otherwise they get lost and you just look a hot mess!

DILLIGAF

2. She needs some definition in the eyes. The colour needs to be in the crease, not the outer corner, if she's gonna wesr colour. Otherwise forego the colour completely and go with a skintone shimmery lid, but it needs to have a slight sheen to it, and either do a winged liner, or no liner at all, but she NEEDS to do something with her lashes! Curl em, lots of (clean) mascara, and/or false lashes. SOMETHING!!! If you're gonna have a bold lip like that you need to balance it out with your eye, otherwise they get lost and you just look a hot mess!
*Takes notes*
winks.gif

PeachTwist

I love a dark, vampy lip but I really don't like how Lorde's makeup looks most of the time I have to admit. Be interested to see what's coming out.

erine1881

I wore a vampy lip (Nightmoth and PC) out today to run errands (Target and the grocery store). I felt completely comfortable. Others, not so much. One kid even kept staring at me and poking at his mom to look at me, but it could've also been the piercings and tattoos as well :haha: But whatever. Wore a shimmery lid, winged liner and lashes. Kept it simple and i looked far from casket-ready.

mosha010

I wore a vampy lip (Nightmoth and PC) out today to run errands (Target and the grocery store). I felt completely comfortable. Others, not so much. One kid even kept staring at me and poking at his mom to look at me, but it could've also been the piercings and tattoos as well :haha: But whatever. Wore a shimmery lid, winged liner and lashes. Kept it simple and i looked far from casket-ready.
@Erine1881 You can wear literal monkey dung and make it work

Prettypackages

I agree, her face is not balanced. Her skin looks extremely dry, really powdery. a matte look probably isn't ideal for her. I Have a similar eye shape (hooded but with a fold) and when I don't play up the mascara or liner, or add depth in the crease, my eyes look bare and naked.

Parii27

Dissapointed with mac. However.This collection can have the best colours ever and I still will not buy anything from it, cause I won't support her. Not even sure if her fans can afford that, cause they are all teens.Ok most of em. However I will skip this one.

Rebellefleur

Im kinda surprised to hear about this collection actually... although I have a ton of purple lipstick...ranging from light to dark... Hopefully this collection will be in special packaging.. thats the only way I see myself buying from it...unless theres some super unique color or something..