M.A.C. & Lorde Collection (June 5, 2014)

Not a fan of lorde however I'll wait to see the colour story but if it's something like a heroine/cyber mixed lipstick I'll be skipping them as I have both tbh I'd rather have them re-release PC, studded kiss, instigator and haute couture in Ireland

Lipstickwh0re

so although I enjoy her music, I wish mac would start aiming launches for other age groups other than under 22.

I'm ready for some NO DOUBT color stories or just Gwen Stefani....OMG..... imagine???

how about something crazy like Stevie Nicks or Billie Holiday..... all I know is NO MORE RIRI!!!
I need a Janelle Monae collaboration but she has to ditch Cover Girl

nasquiat

I like her music but she's a little obnoxious for my taste. Other than that, her makeup looks like it's always casket ready. I live for a vampy lip, but I don't see anything special about her face chart. It looks liked smoked purple or cyber and instigator had a baby.

Debbs

"Casket ready" died laughing, so funny! Can't help but wonder if Mac is intentionally sabotaging themselves as its just too easy to skip stuff nowadays. Didn't know about Lorde until yesterday TBH. If it wasn't for incentives, discounts, perks and gratis etc I think a lot of folks would have long turned their backs on Mac completely. I may be wrong tho just wishing for a better and stronger comeback from Mac later on this year. One can only hope.

Anneri

Folks are talking about whether she's too new for a MAC collection and I'm just sitting here like... This is a summer collection?  I'm not one of those who thinks you can't wear a dark lip during Spring or Summer, I just don't really understand why you'd advertise such a vampy lip knowing a majority of women/girls would have probably snatched it up during Winter rather than waiting for Summer. As for whether she should have a collection. Um..honestly for me I need someone who actually wears makeup to have a MAC collection, wearing liner and a little lip balm doesn't make me enthusiastic about your makeup collection. I do know she has worn makeup, a very vampy lip...but its those two extremes. Barely nothing for most of her pics, or a very vampy lip or smoky eye for her music videos/performances.  And before anyone thinks of me as a hater, I think she's a perfectly lovely girl and I enjoy her music. I just wish she wore...makeup, lol. I don't consider liner or lipgloss unique enough for a collection unless they just repromote Smoked Purple and call it a day. 
Not gonna lie, take Lorde out of that picture and you'll have my dream collab. Tilda and Bowie! :hearts: Otherwise, I don't care for this. I like her music, but this collab feels a bit uninspired on mac's side. *shrugs* Low-buy intact! Yay!

Uptownbackinit

I have to agree with the lot of you ladies! I'm not the biggest fan of Lorde. I love my Vamp lips! but, unless that purple is super unique. I think I can skip and put money towards the more exciting collections.

I think Mac only chose her cause she won a few grammys and cause "indie" is hip now! Still. They could've chosen someone better!

vamua703

Not a fan of lorde however I'll wait to see the colour story but if it's something like a heroine/cyber mixed lipstick I'll be skipping them as I have both tbh I'd rather have them re-release PC, studded kiss, instigator and haute couture in Ireland
Totally my thought. I hate her song royals... it gets over played. But I will keep an eye out for info on it.

OctoberViolet

Totally my thought. I hate her song royals... it gets over played. But I will keep an eye out for info on it.
iagree.gif
^This. I liked it in the beginning, but now I get nauseous when it's on the radio so I have to turn the station. Overkill!

vaisforluvrs

Glad you are all skipping this. I won't have to fight any of you for the products
greengrin.gif
And I will hold you all to your postings about skipping this
tong.gif

Spectacular

I guess this is MAC's new thing, doing collabs with new musicians every 6 months. As long as its not Miley Cyrus I can deal, the day I catch a whiff of that serial tongue licker though...

Lipstickwh0re

I guess this is MAC's new thing, doing collabs with new musicians every 6 months. As long as its not Miley Cyrus I can deal, the day I catch a whiff of that serial tongue licker though...
Rhianna has done way more to be disrespectful of herself and her fans though and MAC is still in bed with her. Miley is 21. While I might not agree with her appropriating black culture, I still try to keep her age in mind. She could turn into Sinead O'Connor. It's possible. One day, maybe. She's also probably been famous longer than Lorde because of her Disney career. I don't really understand the point of collaborating with her (Aside from the teenage customer buying her products). Someone said it earlier. She just doesn't seem like she wears makeup like that or as though it's something she enjoys. I did see an article about the collection where she said her first lippy was Snob but for some reason I feel like there's going to be just straight up 90's grunge/extra vampy colors with what she puts out. Or corpse lip lipstick. I hope I don't sound like a hater though. Cause I'm not. I have my own issues with the song Royals but that has nothing to do with her aesthetically. Being totally honest though she sorta scares me.

matchachoco

I'm neutral on her music, but I like her look, maybe just because it's refreshingly different. And I just mean her Grammy look - I should clarify that I don't really know what she looks like normally! But I never reach for my vampy colors. They are so much work and I have a hard time keeping my confidence high enough to pull the look off.

I guess we'll see what the collection ends up looking like!

Spectacular

Rhianna has done way more to be disrespectful of herself and her fans though and MAC is still in bed with her. Miley is 21. While I might not agree with her appropriating black culture, I still try to keep her age in mind. She could turn into Sinead O'Connor. It's possible. One day, maybe. She's also probably been famous longer than Lorde because of her Disney career. I don't really understand the point of collaborating with her (Aside from the teenage customer buying her products). Someone said it earlier. She just doesn't seem like she wears makeup like that or as though it's something she enjoys. I did see an article about the collection where she said her first lippy was Snob but for some reason I feel like there's going to be just straight up 90's grunge/extra vampy colors with what she puts out. Or corpse lip lipstick. I hope I don't sound like a hater though. Cause I'm not. I have my own issues with the song Royals but that has nothing to do with her aesthetically. Being totally honest though she sorta scares me.
Lol, let's just outlaw the term hater. I had issues with the Riri collab, but for very different reasons. With Miley, I believe she knows exactly what she's doing and she's just hoping the money comes flowing. I think I'm just young-celeb-ed out (impressive vocabulary, no?). It seems like one of them is losing their minds every other month. Just when Lindsey Lohan got quiet and Amanda Bynes chilled out now we have Justin Bieber trying to win an award for Most Obnoxious Ass 2014.

P.S. Its funny you mention Sinead since I believe at some point recently she threatened to file a lawsuit against Miley.

matchachoco

Lol, let's just outlaw the term hater. I had issues with the Riri collab, but for very different reasons. With Miley, I believe she knows exactly what she's doing and she's just hoping the money comes flowing. I think I'm just young-celeb-ed out (impressive vocabulary, no?). It seems like one of them is losing their minds every other month. Just when Lindsey Lohan got quiet and Amanda Bynes chilled out now we have Justin Bieber trying to win an award for Most Obnoxious Ass 2014.

P.S. Its funny you mention Sinead since I believe at some point recently she threatened to file a lawsuit against Miley.
Hehe, young-celeb-ed out, I hear you! It all just makes me glad that I didn't grow up rich and famous. My youthful follies were far tamer and infinitely more private. :)

But Lorde definitely has a statement look going, and I can appreciate that. I like that MAC is a company who will do campaign with a pioneers and legends like Ru Paul and Cyndi Lauper but also take a chance on a possible flash in the pan newcomer like Lorde.

Lipstickwh0re

I think I'm just young-celeb-ed out (impressive vocabulary, no?). It seems like one of them is losing their minds every other month. Just when Lindsey Lohan got quiet and Amanda Bynes chilled out now we have Justin Bieber trying to win an award for Most Obnoxious Ass 2014.
LMAO THIS! This reminds me of the joke about hollywood letting 5 black actors/ musicians be famous at a time. Then they go away for a little while and others come out. They cycle around but you never see them all at the same time. If you do, they're in the same movie.
lol.gif

Spectacular

Hehe, young-celeb-ed out, I hear you! It all just makes me glad that I didn't grow up rich and famous. My youthful follies were far tamer and infinitely more private. :)

But Lorde definitely has a statement look going, and I can appreciate that. I like that MAC is a company who will do campaign with a pioneers and legends like Ru Paul and Cyndi Lauper but also take a chance on a possible flash in the pan newcomer like Lorde.
Lol, true. I do like the way her voice sounds, its definitely different from the bubblegum pop getting a ton of attention these days. I like that MAC at least tries to reach across genres and picks very different people from indie, rap, punk, and pop. I like the variation of genres but I do hope they give some attention to girls outside of the music world (or at least some of the names mentioned in this thread).

Lipstickwh0re

Aw damn, LMAO. I just took a moment to count all the black celebs getting a lot of attention right now and um...cough, cough. I ain't saying nothing, lol. Its getting a little better, lol, if you wanted to see more than 2 of your favorite black celebs in a movie you had to wait for a new Tyler Perry film to come out.
girlhaha.gif

Lol, true. I do like the way her voice sounds, its definitely different from the bubblegum pop getting a ton of attention these days. I like that MAC at least tries to reach across genres and picks very different people from indie, rap, punk, and pop. I like the variation of genres but I do hope they give some attention to girls outside of the music world (or at least some of the names mentioned in this thread).
I would really like to see MAC work with Lupita. I would die.

OctoberViolet

Aw damn, LMAO. I just took a moment to count all the black celebs getting a lot of attention right now and um...cough, cough. I ain't saying nothing, lol. Its getting a little better, lol, if you wanted to see more than 2 of your favorite black celebs in a movie you had to wait for a new Tyler Perry film to come out.
girlhaha.gif

I would really like to see MAC work with Lupita. I would die.
iagree.gif

Latest posts