M.A.C. & Lorde Collection (June 5, 2014)

Monica

Can I just start by saying that I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a collaboration between MAC and a musician?
omg.gif

When I read this was coming I was absolutely thrilled. I want every piece of it. What kind of color story do you think we can expect from Lorde's collection? We know she's a big fan of cat eyes and vampy lips. I'm hoping for some deep dark purple and red lipsticks. Maybe she'll surprise us with some pastels lol.

yahoo.gif

Quote: Look for pop’s coolest ingénue, Lorde, as she collaborates with M∙A∙C. Online and in stores this summer. ‪#‎MACLorde‬

Available June 5th online at maccosmetics.com, select stores Times Square, Fifth Avenue, Champs-Elysees
July international

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I don't really know her except for seeing pics of her online, and I defintiely don't like her look. So this will probably be another skip for me.

chicascouture

i think her line will be similar to the punk couture collection...which i freaken love sooo as long as they are matte colors bring it :D

Dolly Snow

Possibly might be like the hayley williams collection. I dont like lorde but if a vampy lip is envolved then id get it.

SassClassBeauty

I expect full honesty from our lovely Specktraettes here.....

I love Lorde's music, but I just don't feel like she has established herself as a beauty/style/fashion icon to anchor a solo collaboration. Am I just being a hater? I just feel that there are other celebs who have broken boundaries and are legitimate fashion/style/beauty icons or even other pop culture phenomenons that would make a better collection than Lorde; especially just barely coming off Punk Couture.

Thoughts? Comments? Counterarguments? Kick in the pants to get me on board?

2cents.gif

Kaidan

I'm so in for this! The Hayley Williams collection was one of my favorites last year, so I hope it's a small one with Lorde too.

deadSAVVY

I expect full honesty from our lovely Specktraettes here.....  I love Lorde's music, but I just don't feel like she has established herself as a beauty/style/fashion icon to anchor a solo collaboration.  Am I just being a hater?  I just feel that there are other celebs who have broken boundaries and are legitimate fashion/style/beauty icons or even other pop culture phenomenons that would make a better collection than Lorde; especially just barely coming off Punk Couture.   Thoughts? Comments?  Counterarguments?  Kick in the pants to get me on board?  :2cents:
I completely agree with you (even though I'm game for this). She has a lovely voice first off but I don't feel as though she's had enough face time or even beauty looks to admire even Style/fashion wise. They might be pulling more of the teeny bopper and younger audience into this as a money making scheme but what do I know. #justsayin

Latest posts