MA Rudeness/Bad MAC experiences/Rants

RRRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACForME
I had a MA yell at me after she ignored me for awhile. Another friend had complained to me that the MA was "rough" with makeup application. I just wrot to MAC via their website.

WHAT?! She yelled at you? OMG I would've asked to speak with the supervisor or whatever they have there that's higher than her as soon as possible. I can't believe they let people like that in MAC. I had one lady "lecture" me about forgetting my Studio Fix number. That had me heated.

MACForME

Yep-She yelled at me, the short version of the story is, i went to my local MAC Store, not counter, with list in hand. On list was a request for chicaboom l/s from my friend who knew i was going. I get there, this woman is fussing, fidgeting, talking to others, looking at me, continuing to ignore me, Finally, i guess when she realized i was there long enough, asked what i wanted, I read the list, when i came to the l/s, she YELLED AT ME "NO! We do NOT have THAT! YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN thats a LIMITED EDITION ITEM!!!!" Whoa.. my face must have been BEET RED! yep, she yelled at me JUST LIKE THAT! I asked if there was anything LIKE that l/s shes like "no, but you can look if you want"--- IF I WANT??? She kept asking me "is that it? is THAT it?" talk about the bums rush. She refused to help me find other items, with answers like "no, dont have it" or "out of it".. NICE FRICKIN ATTITUDE! Well, i sent an email to MAC. I dont know what they are gonna say, probably a generic "sorry". I haven't heard anything yet, its been a few days too.

jaminkel

IMHO a nice, short letter to customer service is the very least that is in order. I think I would have asked her nicely, not to yell at me.

Liz

I'm surprised at how many people have been getting bad service from MAC. Nobody has been mean to me yet, sometimes I see girls that act like they're hot shit, but I've never had to deal with them, I go find someone else.

MACForME

I should have, but i was so shocked that it even happened, i was like, WHOA NELLY! Let me get what i need and GET OUT OF HERE!

Liz

You should call in and ask for a manager first to see if they are there. If not, they can check the schedule to see when she/he will be there.

moonrevel

WOW. That is terrible. Having worked in retail, I of course understand that you can have a bad day with customers, but I don't care how bad of a day you are having, you should NEVER treat a customer like that.

vampygirl

I have written to CS on MAC's site. The counter at the dept. store near work has the snottiest girls working there and one day I took a friend of mine to check out lipglass and the girl there was completely rude. She did not want to buy anything because we were treated bad.

So I went to MAC's site and wrote where it was, the date and the girls who were there.

I got a reply back from MAC stating they were sorry and thanks for telilng them and they sent me a free eye shadow.

MACForME

I couldn't get the womans name... she didn't ring me up either, so it wasn't on the receipt, but i put the time and store number down.

banana

Last weekend at the pro store a SA was rude to me because I asked about eye safe pigments and wouldn't let me see the list that shows which ones were not eyesafe. I asked her questions about other products and she was really rude and bitchy about everything.

Terresa

I know that you said that your two experiences with this girl were quite spaced out, but if they were less than 3 months apart, I would be very gentle in complaining to management about her. Chances are, she hasn't been to a basic school yet, and if that's the case, it's expecting a lot that she would be completely informed on the line, especially if she doesn't work a lot of hours.

It's true that she probably shouldn't be unassisted on the floor, but sometimes things happen...people call in sick, have to go on a break, whatever, and the reality of retail is that you *have* to put untrained people on the floor to provide adequate coverage sometimes. It's also true that she should do a better job covering the fact that she doesn't know what she's doing, and that's the main reason *I* would complain about her. Even if she doesn't have full product knowledge, she should be spending all her spare time trying to learn it *before* her basic school, but MAC is a large line and that could take a lot of time for someone that didn't have much knowledge about it before they were hired. Also, we don't always know the full situation--perhaps they don't have much info at the counter, perhaps she works one day a week, perhaps she's even just filling in for a limited time. As long as she isn't out and out rude, I think the complaint should really be about them not having fully trained staff to help both her and you...not about what she doesn't know yet.

Now, if she's wearing MAC jewelry, all bets are off...that means she's been to basic school and has been determined to have a grasp of the line. Then there is no excuse for her not knowing her line!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terresa
Now, if she's wearing MAC jewelry, all bets are off...that means she's been to basic school and has been determined to have a grasp of the line.

I know that's policy, but there are counter managers who give out MAC jewelry before their MA's have been to basic.
th_confused_new.gif

Unrelated and directed toward the general topic - IMO if she had two negative experiences at one counter the counter manager needs to know how their employees are coming off.

MACForME

Banana- WRITE THEM! Tell them! On their website there is a customer service link, that brings you right into a email form... Let them know what you had to deal with. Word of mouth is plenty strong. I dont know if anything will happen with me, but ya know what, at least i told them.

ms.marymac

MAC takes their customer service VERY seriously. I would mention something to the counter manager. If that doesn't work, definately send a message to the website. The job can get very stressful, but that's no reason to raise your voice at a customer for not remembering his/her foundation #.

Sometimes artists (esp. if they are new) have a hard time multi-tasking, or may have a short attention span, so they may not be ignoring people to be a bitch. To flat out get angry at a customer for wanting makeup is unacceptable. If she was that upset, she should have asked her manager if she could step away from the counter so she could get herself together.

MACreation

awful MA and a small rant

One MA at my counter (which has alwYS ANNOYED ME) was the one o approach me today. I already knew what i needed so i told her first and she put my stuff aside. I was explaining to her that i was torn whether i should get the kabuki or not as she showed me it..and she was telling me it might be perm since so many loved it, so i said, i'm still contemplating...and i asked for the 2 beauty powders and she came back with them, and i asked for a lipglass in the new collection too...and then she came back and i told her...ok, that's all for today and one last thing i asked for was the lip conditioner in the tub, the CLEAR one specifically. Well..i paid by debit...which i should pay attention to..., got home, and found the kabuki in my bag (WTF??) I didn't ask for it, and a TLC SPF i don't like that one
ssad.gif
DAMNIT...i was just upset at spending so much and not realizing cuz, I got a coupon for a free panty at vicky's and a "Free cami" with purch of a bottom...so i spent $ on bottoms, and picked a top (worth $18.50) but they all agreed it was "the one for free" and realized again...after i left the store..that i paid $10 for the cami....and one of the associates there was trying to sell me size M pantie...umm..i was wearing tight jeans, I'm sure she could tell i was a S since i told her so. By then i wanted to get out of there. Anyways......just an annoying trip to the mall I hope i can avoid next time.

Piaqua

I hate bad sales associates! You'll enjoy the kabuki if you decide to keep it, but what an annoying way to aquire it. I had a haul today, and had to wait 30 minutes to shop (tax free week here so the malls are packed) for it, as opposed to no wait if I'd bought it when I went to the mall on thursday. Why wait 30 minutes? My fave MA was there today and totally worth the wait, as opposed to the girl there thursday night. I waited at the counter looking at blush for a few minutes, she comes up to me and was all snotty and actually asked me "Are you actually shopping, or should I help the woman over there?" The nerve! Just because I'm 18 doesn't mean I'm not going to spend money there. I said (yeah, I was rude right back), "Well, I was planning to shop, but I think I'll wait until an artist who I like is working, Could you tell me when Rikki(my faaaave ma, she's soooo nice) is working next?" So I went back today and everyone at the counter was nicer. I don't know what that girl's problem was. I had never encounted a rude MAC girl until then, and had always wondered what all the hoopla about them being snotty on here was about. Now I know... That was soooo negative, sorry!

MACreation

Yeah, she must be like the youngest and newest girl there so I tried to avoid her but my guy MA was blowing his nose and i didnt wanna bother him again..haha..oh well some MA are just rude!

jenjunsan

Okay, I was just a little confused about that whole rant...and what does "vicky's have to do with it? Second of all, maybe you think you look like a small, but you look like a medium or from what you were wearing, you didn't look that little? If you stated a small to her, why didn't you look at the tag to make sure you were getting that size? Also, didn't you look at the receipt before you got home? Sounds to me like you are playing prima donna when some of this could have been solved by you just double checking your purchases.

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjunsan
double checking your purchases.

i always do this before i leave the mall or outside of the store afterwards.