MA Rudeness/Bad MAC experiences/Rants

user2

My MAs always list the stuff that I get when I'm at the checkout so I can double-check if I have the right stuff that I asked for!

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaqua
I said (yeah, I was rude right back), "Well, I was planning to shop, but I think I'll wait until an artist who I like is working, Could you tell me when Rikki(my faaaave ma, she's soooo nice) is working next?"

LOL!!!!!!

kimmy

the MAs at my counter almost always show me everything as they're putting it in the bag and read the order back to me afterwards. when my mom got me some mac a while ago (my first mac ever, w00) she asked the MA for belle azure, liesuretime and juxt and the chick gave her the wrong colours and she had to take it back to get the ones she wanted...i doubt that MA still works there though, she was straight up bitch.

MACreation

I got a small at Vicky's but the girl was persisting a medium, i was wearing size 25 so i'm sure i didn't look like a medium, she was trying to make her job easier to not find me a small in stock. As far as the MA she was in a hurry, and I have NEVER had a problem getting the wrong things there, since i have always pointed to and named exactly what i wanted. It wasn't me being a "prima dona" or a bitch, i was just ranting, like we all do, for no reason at all, only because i wanted to make it about me, an had a bad experience in the process.

bozica

One time I was in a MAC store and I bought 4 of the pro palette eye shadows, I never mentioned that I wanted the empty quad to go with it, but when I left the store, I realized she had given me one and charged me for it. Wasn't a big deal though because it was only a few dollars and I could put it to use anyway, but it was still a little weird.

rubixio

Didnt she tell you the total before you gave her your card? If not...that's bad service, but I'd think you'd want to know before giving your card over for purchase.

The women at Victoria's Secret are always bitches to me. Not sure if they just suck or if it's because I dont look high maintenance.

Eye<3Colour

might as well keep the brush!! the money is already spent!!
smiles.gif
at least thats how i would look at it. besides im sure u will love it. sorry you had a bad trip to the mall.

jenjunsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACreation
As far as the MA she was in a hurry, and I have NEVER had a problem getting the wrong things there, since i have always pointed to and named exactly what i wanted. It wasn't me being a "prima dona" or a bitch... only because i wanted to make it about me, an had a bad experience in the process.

Okay...you said it yourself...she was in a hurry. We all make mistakes. She wasn't RUDE she was just rushed. Second of all you said and I quote "only because i wanted to make it about me". Well honey, if that ain't being a prima donna I don't know what is. You called you own self out on that one! :deal:

Chelly

when MA's dont know shit

why is it that when i go to a mac store that i ask if they have a product and they either say something like "mac makes a black cream color base????" or "its discontinued" WHEN IT'S CLEARLY NOT... why? anyone else have this problem?

aziajs

All the time!! And it's not just MAC. It happens everywhere. How in the hell can you work for a company and not know shit about the product?????? It drives me crazy!!!

Sushi_Flower

Yes most of my counter SAs don't really know much, and i find it embarassing and frustrating that i know so much more than them - by that i mean simple product knowledge like the names and how products work and what's coming out next week!...which is their job!

The most amazing cluelessness i've ever come across is asking about Paints while pointing to the Paints clearly and the SA looking confused and going ''Sorry? You want to know if you can paint your eyes with e/s?". She had no idea what Paints were! The same one who didn't know any of the brushes and told me to go behind the counter and look in the stock to find them myself!

Also when MSFs were out, i asked for a 187 to apply it with, the 187 was promoted to go with the MSFs, and yet the SA didn't know what one was!

brandi

this happpens to me too! i hate it! they dont deserve to work there! sometimes it could just be an off day....

Turbokittykat

Maybe you're asking about products they don't sell at counters or freestanding stores, (for example, the black CCB is a Pro product, I believe). Most MAC employees are not addicts to the degree we are and can't be expected to know the full range MAC have ever sold, in minute detail, especially if it's a product not sold at their location.

Given the rate that MAC bring out new stuff, most of which is LE, you'd have to be super-human or seriously addicted to keep up with it all!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
Maybe you're asking about products they don't sell at counters or freestanding stores, (for example, the black CCB is a Pro product, I believe). Most MAC employees are not addicts to the degree we are and can't be expected to know the full range MAC have ever sold, in minute detail, especially if it's a product not sold at their location.

Given the rate that MAC bring out new stuff, most of which is LE, you'd have to be super-human or seriously addicted to keep up with it all!

i was JUST about to say this TKK. not all MA's are mac addicts like we are. they may not have the time to peruse specktra, LJ, mua et al and be up on every product and new release that comes out like we do. they go to update just before a collection comes out (iirc). Sometimes you may get a new MA who honestly doesn't know what a paint is, or an MA who just has never used a paint, so imho, cut them some slack for goodness sake. To us it's a passion, an addiction, to some of the MA's it's a regular job just like how u and I go to our jobs every day. (and no, i'm not directing this to anyone in particular)

brandi

i agree with everything there is a lot of new stuff but when they dont know that some pimgents are not eye safe... i got a prob. there...this is at a store...

Piaqua

Agree with Juneplum and Turbokittykat... however, I feel that an MA should at least take the time to know the products that are sold where she works (ie, if she works at a counter, it's cool if perhaps she doesnt know a lot about Pro products, but hopefully she'll know what paints are). I've found that occasionally an MA at my counter won't know what I mean, but it's usually because she's new, or its a rarely used product for them (people in Syracuse seem to have strange tastes in what they'll buy from MAC, sometimes I'll ask for something, and the MAs are like "Oh my god, I'm SO glad someone finally asked about this! I love it, but no one ever wants it!" LOL).

I try to be patient if someone doesn't know what they're talking about. I do my best to explain it thoroughly. Hey, I'd rather have an informed MA, even if I have to inform her myself, than one left clueless because I was too annoyed she didn't know a product to explain it to her at all.

Sushi_Flower

I understand all the points made and i would never expect an SA to know things as much as us addicts do but i have recieved consistently bad service at my counter, and mine is a regular counter and i have only ever asked about the normal permenant products and only simple things which i'm afraid i see as their job, like knowing that MAC sell Paints especially when i clearly point them out.

And yes it is just a regular job to most of them but the job IS to know basic knowledge about the permenant products, that's what they're there for otherwise they could just hire anyone who can use a cash machine.
By basic knowledge i mean the names and that they even exist. I don't expect them to know the name of every single e/s in the permenant range and never ask them anything stupidly detailed or something that i know people like us only know about but believe me my counter leaves you feeling frustrated time and time again with some of the SAs due to the lack of any interest in their job or lack of any knowledge.

Their job is to give me the brush i want, nevermind that the SA can't show me how to use it, but please find it for me from the shelf atleast after i've given you the exact brush name and number by even making an effort to read the numbers on the side of the brushes on the shelf even if you can't recognise them from the way they look so i can buy it! It's a little disappointing when she doesn't know what is what but then can't be bothered to even do something to find it from where the staff are only allowed and tells me to do it!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaqua
Agree with Juneplum and Turbokittykat... however, I feel that an MA should at least take the time to know the products that are sold where she works (ie, if she works at a counter, it's cool if perhaps she doesnt know a lot about Pro products, but hopefully she'll know what paints are). I've found that occasionally an MA at my counter won't know what I mean, but it's usually because she's new, or its a rarely used product for them (people in Syracuse seem to have strange tastes in what they'll buy from MAC, sometimes I'll ask for something, and the MAs are like "Oh my god, I'm SO glad someone finally asked about this! I love it, but no one ever wants it!" LOL).

I try to be patient if someone doesn't know what they're talking about. I do my best to explain it thoroughly. Hey, I'd rather have an informed MA, even if I have to inform her myself, than one left clueless because I was too annoyed she didn't know a product to explain it to her at all.

very well put piaqua!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
but when they dont know that some pimgents are not eye safe... i got a prob. there...

true. that is something i completely understand.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I understand all the points made and i would never expect an SA to know things as much as us addicts do but i have recieved consistently bad service at my counter, and mine is a regular counter and i have only ever asked about the normal permenant products and only simple things which i'm afraid i see as their job, like knowing that MAC sell Paints especially when i clearly point them out.

And yes it is just a regular job to most of them but the job IS to know basic knowledge about the permenant products, that's what they're there for otherwise they could just hire anyone who can use a cash machine.
By basic knowledge i mean the names and that they even exist. I don't expect them to know the name of every single e/s in the permenant range and never ask them anything stupidly detailed or something that i know people like us only know about but believe me my counter leaves you feeling frustrated time and time again with some of the SAs due to the lack of any interest in their job or lack of any knowledge.

Their job is to give me the brush i want, nevermind that the SA can't show me how to use it, but please find it for me from the shelf atleast after i've given you the exact brush name and number by even making an effort to read the numbers on the side of the brushes on the shelf even if you can't recognise them from the way they look so i can buy it! It's a little disappointing when she doesn't know what is what but then can't be bothered to even do something to find it from where the staff are only allowed and tells me to do it!

I totally agree with you. I don't go into a counter asking about Pro products or products that are only sold at freestanding stores and expect them to know about them. If they do - great. We're not even talking about some discontinued product. I am asking you questions about a product that is on the counter in front of you and you can't tell me about it!!?!?!?!?! I am asking you about a brush on your brush belt and you don't know how to use it!?!?! Sorry, that's bullshit. I have had MAs actually go look up a product in the book cuz they didn't know what it was. That is a little surprising to me but at least they took the time and effort to do that and inform not only me but themselves as well. Even when I didn't belong to Specktra, which hasn't been a long time - Oct. 2005, I shouldn't be able to go in and tell you more info about a product that you are supposed to be selling to me. And the icing on the cake is that so many of them walk around like they above it all and they are so important cuz they work for MAC, like you are inconveniencing them by asking them a question and expecting them to do their jobs and yet they don't know shit.

Hikaru-chan

Personally I find it really annoying when I get an MA (or any sales assistant) who doesn't know her stuff.

Fair enough if it's not sold at that particular counter but I do expect them to know what products they sell, what they do, how much they are and when new collections are being released.

I know to a lot of them it's just a job but that doesn't mean you should have to recieve bad customer service and poor knowledge of the products, if they can't be bothered to do their job propely then they shouldn't be in that job at all.