Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Z

Re: Icon info anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Cher cher cher!

thmbup.gif
Good choice! I would also like Rita Moreno. She wears her hair in its natural color; I love it!

AlarmAgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
campy? John waters or a post-humous Devine?

Ha, that fits, and would be really, really fun. Campy and humorous I can definitely dig on for days!

I'll be holding a candle for the [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Phyllis Diller and Paul Lynde collections I'm sure, but my guess is a possible John Waters connection as well. After the remake of Hairspray, renewed public interest and all?

It certainly goes well with the teasers![/SIZE][/FONT]

purrtykitty

John Waters would be awesome!! How about Tim Curry circa The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
How about Tim Curry circa The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

How about YES! Please. That would be great. As long as everything wasn't too goth...I'd buy it anyway!
This is a really good idea.
th_drool.gif

FlaLadyB

OK..this is important.. had ANYBODY heard that RU PAUL is going to be an ICON again???? Someone I know has something that leans that way but I haven't heard a thing.. anybody?????

jpohrer

When I asked a MAC Artist this question, she replied the MAC Icon for this year is MAC's customers. The N Collection is dedicated to bringing out their natural beauty!

lah_knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
When I asked a MAC Artist this question, she replied the MAC Icon for this year is MAC's customers. The N Collection is dedicated to bringing out their natural beauty!

thats cuz they dont know any better... not everyone who works for mac knows as much as many people on here. they dont seek any info like everyone on here. they only know what they learn at update and that only happens a couple times a year lol

FlaLadyB

a MAC customer is not in my thinking... there has to be "somebody" they can play off of.. not "a" customer or customers. Besides the N collection is out and its not an icon. An Icon person is due out and is someone we all recognize. I have seen something that MAY be a replay/update on Ru Paul from long long ago...but I cant be sure. The reason for asking....and hoping someone knew for sure.

Anyone have any new Viva Glam people maybe?????

NYDoll88

Madonna would be simply amazing...

And I adore Stevie Nicks!

Not sure if they've done Debbie Harry yet---but she looks really good and just realeased an album.

John Waters would be pretty awesome too.

BILLY IDOL!!!!
cheerleader.gif

user79

Hm....I wonder who.

I would be annoyed if it was Cher, I can't stand her face, I think it's disfigured from too much surgery.

David Bowie would be AWESOME!

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Hm....I wonder who.

I would be annoyed if it was Cher, I can't stand her face, I think it's disfigured from too much surgery.

David Bowie would be AWESOME!

Last time I saw Cher- her face did not move at all when she changed her expression- it was kind of creepy looking.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
Fall 2008.
Not, not, not someone you would ever guess or expect and many won't know.
Will be a humourous, campy campaign.

Oh My God...Dame Edna maybe? LOL
th_LMAO.gif

foreverymoment

LOL@Miss J from ANTM a couple posts up...

I TOTALLY agree with Cher, David Bowie, John Galliano, maybe we can get Gwen in since a ton of people wanted her for VG (lol)...

kokometro

I doubt they could get David Bowie or Iman. Iman has her own cosmetics collection. I agree it would be awesome to have him though. Wishing...

I saw the book of visuals for everything up until summer. No icon. Fergie is representing VG6. I didn't see anything that looked like an icon. Is the icon always in March?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Someone has established that this year's Icon will be in the Fall.

I would LOOOVE for David Bowie, but sadly, the average female consumer does not really relate to him.

I hardly think it'll be John Waters, Dame Edna, Divine, etc even as much as I'd love for it to be. The whole reason of Icons is for the older woman to be able to relate to MAC in a relatively conservative way, as opposed to all the other "crazy" MAC collections that sort of estrange the older customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.