MAC 2008 Icon Speculation and Dame Edna Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlarmAgent

Re: Icon info anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I hardly think it'll be John Waters, Dame Edna, Divine, etc even as much as I'd love for it to be. The whole reason of Icons is for the older woman to be able to relate to MAC in a relatively conservative way, as opposed to all the other "crazy" MAC collections that sort of estrange the older customer.

Aw, jeez, very good point. That's a shame, I was looking forward to something like John Waters/Divine, the colors would've been beyond awesome, I'm sure.

Maybe Phyllis Diller isn't too out of the realm of possibility...She's campy, she wore her makeup in a way that was eye-catching and almost unique to her, and she wouldn't alienate any consumers? Wishful thinking, perhaps, but she's my guess. Joan Rivers would've been in the running for me too, but she has her own beauty line, right?

lethaldesign

Um... somebody mentioned it was "campy" - does this mean that the Icon story is that new Asia Exclusive for the designer of Dress Camp?

merleskaya

I'm going to guess Bette Midler...she's old enough to have icon status and looks fantastic, plus she's definitely got some "camp" going on!

Looking forward to seeing the collection in the fall, whoever it is!

merleskaya

cosMEtix

JANET JACKSON!! She has used Mac for years and it shows with her flawless looks!

beauty_marked

Imagine....and i truly mean Imagine, if it was britney spears......
smiles.gif

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by merleskaya
I'm going to guess Bette Midler...she's old enough to have icon status and looks fantastic, plus she's definitely got some "camp" going on!

Looking forward to seeing the collection in the fall, whoever it is!

merleskaya

Actually that would be a very cool choice. I could just imagine the fun colors in a Bette collection. There would have to be a Bugle Boy lipstick.

girlstar

Bette Midler would be amazing! I would hope MAC would name something, maybe an eyeshadow, Blueberry Pie.

Britney is hardly an "Icon" or old enough, and I don't think Janet is old enough yet.

Maybe someone like Carol Burnett or Vicki Lawrence? *trying to think of older women who could be possibly campy yet glamourous*

AppleDiva

OOhhh Bette Midler would be a great choice.. Saw her Oprah, she looked great!! What about Carol Channing? Her makeup is always interesting.

greatscott2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlarmAgent
Aw, jeez, very good point. That's a shame, I was looking forward to something like John Waters/Divine, the colors would've been beyond awesome, I'm sure.

Maybe Phyllis Diller isn't too out of the realm of possibility...She's campy, she wore her makeup in a way that was eye-catching and almost unique to her, and she wouldn't alienate any consumers? Wishful thinking, perhaps, but she's my guess. Joan Rivers would've been in the running for me too, but she has her own beauty line, right?

I think Phyllis is a shoe in too.

rouquinne

after seeing Cher and Tina Turner on the Grammy Awards tonight, i feel like BEGGING MAC corporate to please choose them for the next Icon collections!!!

greengrin.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

MAC 2008 Icon / Dame Edna Discussion

NO I DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS!! Sorry!!

This is the thread where we ask WHERE IS OUR ICON?

A few months ago I remember a member who said they were a part of MAC Corporate and therefore knows who our Icon is this year! She also mentioned that it was going to be released "Fall 08".

So will it be in July with our Sonic Chic and New View?
Will it be in August with our ElectroFlash?
In September with Cult of Cherry and Overrich perhaps?
Will it be with our Red She Said in October or November?

I am asking you, please, FESS UP! I want to know, no, I need to know!!

Who is our MAC ICON??

erine1881

Re: MAC Icon Discussion 2008

one of my co-workers heard who it is, but she can't remember.
ssad.gif
i'm trying to get her to remember, and as soon as she does, she'll let me know. all she remembers is that she's young. what "young" means to her i don't know. its so frustrating.
angry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.