MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)

Michelemu21

And no worries. Everyone puts Ernie haha. Just call me Erin!
th_wink3.gif
Me too...for my giant mac lipstick collection I don't have a single matte.

Prettypackages

I love African Violet, this one was grey.... let me look it up. Ok nevermind, I can't even begin to remember. LOL
Prettypackages, could it possibly be "African Violet" by Laura Mercier? It is a pretty purplish brown. It's a duochrome.

Odelia, you might laugh, but I actually bought some quick-drying underwear just so I wouldn't have to be walking around the amusement park in wet undies! It worked like a charm!

Another funny thing, one of my fellow coworkers had the funniest term she used when your lipstick gets all dry and kind of goopy around the mouth. She called it meth mouth! She cracked me up!

I should be drinking more water. That would certainly help. When I am at work though, we have to ask if it's okay to get a sip of water, so it doesn't make it easy to stay hydrated!
i'm sorry... you have to do what?

cr8zy4MAC

I work at Sephora. They micromanage us like crazy. We have to ask to get a sip of water, to go bathroom or to walk a few aisles out of our zone & tell them when we are going back to our zone (consists of a few aisles). I really don't like that at all. You have to turn your brain off or you would go crazy!.

Aquamarine1543

Like I said, I just got 5 lipsticks except for NO and RD and they're really gorgeous!
I'll post some swatches later b/c I need some time to compare them to any other dupes.
(I have too many lipsticks.lol)

Anyway, here're some pics!

(TT- TD- SS- SK- F)

First of all, TT looks like somewhat between Morange and Reel Sexy. Morange is redder and Reel Sexy is paler than TT.
I can't find any lipsticks which I can compare so far, so I need more time to find them.

TD is a sheer version of Sounds like noise l/s just as we already know. They both look really similar, BUT TD has fine shimmer. It's almost invisible. (almost like sheen finish)

And SS looks like a lighter/paler and peachy version of Ever Hip. In the tube, Ever Hip is more pinky and little darker.
SS is quite paler than I expected. Reel sexy and Cut a caper are also darker than SS.

SK is an orange version of Betty Bright. BB has a lot of pink undertone, whereas SK has a lot more orange. It's orange coral.
Besides, SK is even more orange than Reel Sexy in the tube.

And the last one is F. I think we're already familiar with it. :)
F is paler and pinker than Ever Hip/Cut a caper and it looks really similar to Betty Bright in the tube, but they have different textures.

shontay07108

Like I said, I just got 5 lipsticks except for NO and RD and they're really gorgeous! I'll post some swatches later b/c I need some time to compare them to any other dupes. (I have too many lipsticks.lol) Anyway, here're some pics! (TT- TD- SS- SK- F) First of all, TT looks like somewhat between Morange and Reel Sexy. Morange is redder and Reel Sexy is paler than TT. I can't find any lipsticks which I can compare so far, so I need more time to find them. TD is a sheer version of Sounds like noise l/s just as we already know. They both look really similar, BUT TD has fine shimmer. It's almost invisible. (almost like sheen finish) And SS looks like a lighter/paler and peachy version of Ever Hip. In the tube, Ever Hip is more pinky and little darker. SS is quite paler than I expected. Reel sexy and Cut a caper are also darker than SS. SK is an orange version of Betty Bright. BB has a lot of pink undertone, whereas SK has a lot more orange. It's orange coral. Besides, SK is even more orange than Reel Sexy in the tube.   And the last one is F. I think we're already familiar with it. :) F is paler and pinker than Ever Hip/Cut a caper and it looks really similar to Betty Bright in the tube, but they have different textures.
It looks like Tarte and Trendy and Sushi Kiss are the only two I can pull off. I already have Flamingo.

Michelemu21

I work at Sephora. They micromanage us like crazy. We have to ask to get a sip of water, to go bathroom or to walk a few aisles out of our zone & tell them when we are going back to our zone (consists of a few aisles). I really don't like that at all. You have to turn your brain off or you would go crazy!.
I hope you get a good discount at least.

ForeverJenn

Wow they are gorgeous! I want the 1st, 3rd and 5th.. It's too bad about SK bein like Betty bright. I don't like that color at all :/ can't wait for your swatches! :)
Like I said, I just got 5 lipsticks except for NO and RD and they're really gorgeous! I'll post some swatches later b/c I need some time to compare them to any other dupes. (I have too many lipsticks.lol) Anyway, here're some pics! (TT- TD- SS- SK- F) First of all, TT looks like somewhat between Morange and Reel Sexy. Morange is redder and Reel Sexy is paler than TT. I can't find any lipsticks which I can compare so far, so I need more time to find them. TD is a sheer version of Sounds like noise l/s just as we already know. They both look really similar, BUT TD has fine shimmer. It's almost invisible. (almost like sheen finish) And SS looks like a lighter/paler and peachy version of Ever Hip. In the tube, Ever Hip is more pinky and little darker. SS is quite paler than I expected. Reel sexy and Cut a caper are also darker than SS. SK is an orange version of Betty Bright. BB has a lot of pink undertone, whereas SK has a lot more orange. It's orange coral. Besides, SK is even more orange than Reel Sexy in the tube.   And the last one is F. I think we're already familiar with it. :) F is paler and pinker than Ever Hip/Cut a caper and it looks really similar to Betty Bright in the tube, but they have different textures.

MACina

Thank you so,so much for sharing, Aquamarine1543!

I want BUs of Flamingo for sure.Haven' t made a final decision on the other lippies yet.
Maybe TT, SK and SS!

Like I said, I just got 5 lipsticks except for NO and RD and they're really gorgeous!
I'll post some swatches later b/c I need some time to compare them to any other dupes.

(TT- TD- SS- SK- F)

First of all, TT looks like somewhat between Morange and Reel Sexy. Morange is redder and Reel Sexy is paler than TT.
I can't find any lipsticks which I can compare so far, so I need more time to find them.

TD is a sheer version of Sounds like noise l/s just as we already know. They both look really similar, BUT TD has fine shimmer. It's almost invisible. (almost like sheen finish)

And SS looks like a lighter/paler and peachy version of Ever Hip. In the tube, Ever Hip is more pinky and little darker.
SS is quite paler than I expected. Reel sexy and Cut a caper are also darker than SS.

SK is an orange version of Betty Bright. BB has a lot of pink undertone, whereas SK has a lot more orange. It's orange coral.

F is paler and pinker than Ever Hip/Cut a caper and it looks really similar to Betty Bright in the tube, but they have different textures.

MissBeautyBunni

Thanks for these! I'm leaning now towards F, SK, and TT. Can't wait for swatches!!

cocotears

i don't really like the lustre finish, so the only lippie i'm interested in is sushi kiss. hopefully one of the blushes suits my skintone.

KrystalAnne

(TT- TD- SS- SK- F)

Ooh la la! Thank you. This is making me want to just skip TR. All of these are right up my alley. Based on what they look like in the tube, SK & TT look really similar, but I know the finish will make a difference.

KrystalAnne

i don't really like the lustre finish, so the only lippie i'm interested in is sushi kiss. hopefully one of the blushes suits my skintone.
Lucky you! I'm not a hater of any finishes, so I can't rule any out ever based on the finish. Although for my money's sake, I wish I could.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Quote: Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543

(TT- TD- SS- SK- F)

I want it all!
th_drool.gif
I can't wait for this collection to launch in the US!

peachsuns

(TT- TD- SS- SK- F)

Wow, wow, wow! I want them all! I'm in trouble!
thud.gif
Good thing is I already have Flamingo.
Thank you so much for the picture, Aquamarine1543. Enjoy!
yahoo.gif

Aquamarine1543

Ooh la la! Thank you. This is making me want to just skip TR. All of these are right up my alley. Based on what they look like in the tube, SK & TT look really similar, but I know the finish will make a difference.

SK is peach undertone, whereas TT is orange undertone and little redder!

Corally

Me too...for my giant mac lipstick collection I don't have a single matte.
OMG i just died a little inside :cry: I have 30, and that's just my MAC mattes, and doesn't include mattenes or PLW lipcremes!
I have 40? MAC lipsticks and I think I only have 3 mattes (and no mattes from other brands). My lips can't handle them so I really should get p+p lip because they do look gorgeous.

Latest posts