MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks girl for the link! SS looks incredible!!! This haul will be big for me because I dig the EDES formula, but I don't feel too bad because I skipped PS blushes and will skip Maleficient also. Haven't bought from MAC since Riri Viva Glam came out I think?? Hahaha all this Low Buy Talk ;) See you over there girl!
th_sign_woot.gif
You're doing good!

Purrkitten

Quote: Originally Posted by patentg33k
Goddess looks like 4-5 sheer darks that I have from other lines. Pet me is too frosty for me.

I agree with every word :)

sickmuse

hey all, Specktra newbie here!
th_hello2.gif

thanks so much to all the ladies who have been posting swatches - very helpful!

sorry in advance as due to buying a fair amount of goodies from this collection, my next few posts will be quite image-heavy. but hopefully they'll help you decide what and what not to go for. to throw in for reference, i'm NC40.

first up: the full haul, ED bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell and ED Blushers in Seduced at Sea and Sea Me Hear Me

clockwise from top left: ED Bronzer in AS, Nail Laquer in Submerged, Lipglass in Modern Lure, Lipsticks in GotS and Mystical, ED Blushers in SMHM and SaS

l to r: SMHM, SaS, AS - swatched a few times with brush as they weren't showing up at first!

swatches with flash - you can barely see AS!

wearing AS on lower cheek and jawline, SaS on cheek

wearing AS on lower cheek and jawline, SMHM on cheek

it's a shame AS wasn't even that noticable, however it does give a nice subtle shimmer - perfect for work or if you want something more natural with a hint of colour. however i love both blushes! my first experience of using ED products (bear in mind i only got into MAC sometime last year!!).

will post Submerged and lippies in next posts.

MACina

th_hello2.gif

sorry in advance as due to buying a fair amount of goodies from this collection, my next few posts will be quite image-heavy. but hopefully they'll help you decide what and what not to go for. to throw in for reference, i'm NC40.

first up: the full haul, ED bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell and ED Blushers in Seduced at Sea and Sea Me Hear Me

clockwise from top left: ED Bronzer in AS, Nail Laquer in Submerged, Lipglass in Modern Lure, Lipsticks in GotS and Mystical, ED Blushers in SMHM and SaS

l to r: SMHM, SaS, AS - swatched a few times with brush as they weren't showing up at first!

it's a shame AS wasn't even that noticable, however it does give a nice subtle shimmer - perfect for work or if you want something more natural with a hint of colour. however i love both blushes! my first experience of using ED products (bear in mind i only got into MAC sometime last year!!).

th_770016001157748873-final.gif
.....and thank you soooooooooo much for the pics and swatches
bouquet.gif

You look very beautiful
heart.gif

The blushes look amazing on you!!!

breatheonbeat

for all of you that are team depot compact-
are the bronzers the same size as the pro blush pans?
i don't have any bronzers from mac, and i only have one 'regular' blush, so i have no idea.

someone i know has 'i will either find a way or make one' tattooed in latin, and i keep thinking of this as i read about depotting the compact and how we can make pmp work
amuse.gif

Dominique33

th_hello2.gif

Great haul ! Thank you for sharing !

Debbs

Thanks Sickmuse, welcome to Specktra. I just blew up the pic and Modern Lure! OMG, can you please swatch? I am hoping it is not even remotely close to Velvet Purple #15 Givenchy Gloss-that is purty!!! Love it.

pleasantmacabre

Man all these swatches are confusing me lol Aphrodite's shell looks brown In some pics and pink and pale in others and same with enchanted one.. Really orange in some swatches and nude in others lol wahhhh

sickmuse

Nail Laquer in Submerged:

although at times it's a little tricky to see the purple in different colours, it's a beautiful dark teal and reminds me of a frosty, pearlised version of Formidable!

curious about the other colours though - anyone picked up Neptune?

lippies to follow last!

Marsha Pomells

hey all, Specktra newbie here! :hello: thanks so much to all the ladies who have been posting swatches - very helpful! sorry in advance as due to buying a fair amount of goodies from this collection, my next few posts will be quite image-heavy. but hopefully they'll help you decide what and what not to go for. to throw in for reference, i'm NC40. first up: the full haul, ED bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell and ED Blushers in Seduced at Sea and Sea Me Hear Me  clockwise from top left: ED Bronzer in AS, Nail Laquer in Submerged, Lipglass in Modern Lure, Lipsticks in GotS and Mystical, ED Blushers in SMHM and SaS   l to r: SMHM, SaS, AS - swatched a few times with brush as they weren't showing up at first!  swatches with flash - you can barely see AS! wearing AS on lower cheek and jawline, SaS on cheek wearing AS on lower cheek and jawline, SMHM on cheek it's a shame AS wasn't even that noticable, however it does give a nice subtle shimmer - perfect for work or if you want something more natural with a hint of colour. however i love both blushes! my first experience of using ED products (bear in mind i only got into MAC sometime last year!!). will post Submerged and lippies in next posts.
Welcome to Specktra. Is there any chance you could swatch Modern Lure???

Marsha Pomells

Nail Laquer in Submerged: although at times it's a little tricky to see the purple in different colours, it's a beautiful dark teal and reminds me of a frosty, pearlised version of Formidable! curious about the other colours though - anyone picked up Neptune? lippies to follow last!
That's looks really really nice. I might go pick up a bottle of that on Thursday...

Dolly Snow

hey all, Specktra newbie here! :hello: thanks so much to all the ladies who have been posting swatches - very helpful! sorry in advance as due to buying a fair amount of goodies from this collection, my next few posts will be quite image-heavy. but hopefully they'll help you decide what and what not to go for. to throw in for reference, i'm NC40. first up: the full haul, ED bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell and ED Blushers in Seduced at Sea and Sea Me Hear Me  clockwise from top left: ED Bronzer in AS, Nail Laquer in Submerged, Lipglass in Modern Lure, Lipsticks in GotS and Mystical, ED Blushers in SMHM and SaS   l to r: SMHM, SaS, AS - swatched a few times with brush as they weren't showing up at first!  swatches with flash - you can barely see AS! wearing AS on lower cheek and jawline, SaS on cheek wearing AS on lower cheek and jawline, SMHM on cheek it's a shame AS wasn't even that noticable, however it does give a nice subtle shimmer - perfect for work or if you want something more natural with a hint of colour. however i love both blushes! my first experience of using ED products (bear in mind i only got into MAC sometime last year!!). will post Submerged and lippies in next posts.
Welcome...Everything looks so pretty

MACina

Thanks Sickmuse, welcome to Specktra. I just blew up the pic and Modern Lure! OMG, can you please swatch? I am hoping it is not even remotely close to Velvet Purple #15 Givenchy Gloss-that is purty!!! Love it.
It looks sooooo pretty in the pic
eyelove.gif

sickmuse

Modern Lure - check out that sexy pink shimmer:

in normal daylight - the photo seriously doesn't show how rich and plummy the colour is, no matter how much i tried to adjust my cameraphone's settings to accurately depict the colour
shrugs.gif
:

close-up with flash :

this is a beautifully deep, rich colour that is awesome for vampy looks. gonna post a pic of what it looks like with GotS underneath
winks.gif

MACina

Modern Lure - check out that sexy pink shimmer:

in normal daylight - the photo seriously doesn't show how rich and plummy the colour is, no matter how much i tried to adjust my cameraphone's settings to accurately depict the colour
shrugs.gif
:

close-up with flash :

this is a beautifully deep, rich colour that is awesome for vampy looks. gonna post a pic of what it looks like with GotS underneath
winks.gif

jawdrop.gif
......Modern Lure is GORGEOUS
eyelove.gif

I have to get it
pompom.gif

It looks super pretty on you
bigheart.gif

Thank you very much again for the pics and swatches
urock.gif

Latest posts