MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

MACina

thanks so much everyone for the kind welcomes and lovely words - i already feel at home here! admittedly i'm finding it tricky to keep up with all the posts lol. but i hope you're all finding my pics useful. i also need to learn how to do multiple quotes in one post in response to the requests for swatches, esp Modern Lure!

anyway, last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST - the lipsticks! sorry again for hyper pic onslaught...

arm swatches of Mystical and Goddess of the Sea:

l to r: Mystical (one swatch), Mystical (3 swatches), GotS (one swatch), GotS (3 swatches)

the following pics were taken in daylight, then flash, then close-up with flash.

Mystical:

GotS:

GotS with Modern Lure layered on top (you can kinda see the pink shimmer in the 3rd pic):

again, i apologise that the pictures aren't completely accurate with the colour. they're deeper than what the daylight photos show. the arm swatches are probably truest to the actual colour.

my fave just has to be GotS. i was super bummed-out that i missed out on Heavenly Hybrid, so you can imagine my delight that i managed to snag GotS. i think GotS might be slightly darker than HH, but it may just be the closest dupe i have!

if anyone's on the fence about GotS and love purples - get this shade. for reals. and if you want super-vampy lips, get ML for a two-hit combo!

so far i am lovin' this collection, and quite proud of myself that i managed to grab a few items before they sold out (again, HH woes continue to haunt me...). although i missed out on EO, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can get a hold of it in store.

also looking forward to swatches of the other lipglasses!

PS, my fringe looks longer and eye makeup is slightly different in some of the pics - this is because i took some photos last night and a few again today, and had trimmed my fringe earlier this afternoon =)

GotS + Modern Lure.....so pretty
th_worship.gif

ForeverJenn

I'm wearing Enchanted One and Aphrodites Shell. I'm NC 30 for reference.
And here's the swatches.
Modern Lure - check out that sexy pink shimmer: in normal daylight - the photo seriously doesn't show how rich and plummy the colour is, no matter how much i tried to adjust my cameraphone's settings to accurately depict the colour :shrugs: : close-up with flash : this is a beautifully deep, rich colour that is awesome for vampy looks. gonna post a pic of what it looks like with GotS underneath ;)
thanks so much everyone for the kind welcomes and lovely words - i already feel at home here! admittedly i'm finding it tricky to keep up with all the posts lol. but i hope you're all finding my pics useful. i also need to learn how to do multiple quotes in one post in response to the requests for swatches, esp Modern Lure! anyway, last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST - the lipsticks! sorry again for hyper pic onslaught... arm swatches of Mystical and Goddess of the Sea:   l to r: Mystical (one swatch), Mystical (3 swatches), GotS (one swatch), GotS (3 swatches) the following pics were taken in daylight, then flash, then close-up with flash. Mystical:     GotS:     GotS with Modern Lure layered on top (you can kinda see the pink shimmer in the 3rd pic):         again, i apologise that the pictures aren't completely accurate with the colour. they're deeper than what the daylight photos show. the arm swatches are probably truest to the actual colour. my fave just has to be GotS. i was super bummed-out that i missed out on Heavenly Hybrid, so you can imagine my delight that i managed to snag GotS. i think GotS might be slightly darker than HH, but it may just be the closest dupe i have! if anyone's on the fence about GotS and love purples - get this shade. for reals. and if you want super-vampy lips, get ML for a two-hit combo! so far i am lovin' this collection, and quite proud of myself that i managed to grab a few items before they sold out (again, HH woes continue to haunt me...). although i missed out on EO, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can get a hold of it in store. also looking forward to swatches of the other lipglasses! PS, my fringe looks longer and eye makeup is slightly different in some of the pics - this is because i took some photos last night and a few again today, and had trimmed my fringe earlier this afternoon =)
Beautiful ladies! :eyelove: my list is growing and growing !!

mosha010

Hi [@]sickmuse[/@]! Omg these swatches. And bahh da waaahhhyyyyyy I knew modern lure was the hidden gem. I knew it. Ugh so beautiful. gOTS is winning my heart and I'm about to not get enchanted one over this.. And I love how I say ___ is winning my heart. I'm like a freestanding makeup foster mother... They all win my heart. Why must i love all the pretty things why can't I just be like those Chics that never like anything ! Why!

ForeverJenn

Hi [@]sickmuse[/@]! Omg these swatches. And bahh da waaahhhyyyyyy I knew modern lure was the hidden gem. I knew it. Ugh so beautiful. gOTS is winning my heart and I'm about to not get enchanted one over this.. And I love how I say ___ is winning my heart. I'm like a freestanding makeup foster mother... They all win my heart. Why must i love all the pretty things why can't I just be like those Chics that never like anything ! Why!
:rofl: that made my day!

breatheonbeat

hm out of curiosity- anyone have and can swatch mystical vs NARS dolce vita? i know dv is very sheer, but i'd like the see the tones in each next to each other...

sickmuse

And I love how I say ___ is winning my heart. I'm like a freestanding makeup foster mother... They all win my heart. Why must i love all the pretty things why can't I just be like those Chics that never like anything ! Why!
hi @mosha010! haha! this made my day too. i'm sure you'd be a Yummy MAC Mummy!
cheerleader.gif

if you had to choose between GotS and EO, i'd say go for GotS! EO looks lovely but there's so any neutrals out there, GotS is somethin' else. saying that, i'd still get EO anyway - GAHHHHHH!
th_wallbash.gif

Baje

I'm back home and will have to skip this one. We don't get all the LE colletions in Barbados. The last one we got was FOF and the next one is Osbourne.
crybaby.gif
Thanks for the swatches tho
thmbup.gif

sickmuse

thank you @SleepingBeauty ! have you had a fringe before? i've had mine for about 8 years and love it, although it's a pain in the butt to keep trimming! i bet you'd rock a fringe better than you think
thmbup.gif
it takes some getting used to but i couldn't imagine me without one - my forehead looks mahooooosive without my fringe! LOL
are you gonna get Mystical and GotS too?

SleepingBeauty

thanks @Debbs and you're welcome! gotta catch 'em all!! can't wait to see you rockin your ML!!

thank you @SleepingBeauty ! have you had a fringe before? i've had mine for about 8 years and love it, although it's a pain in the butt to keep trimming! i bet you'd rock a fringe better than you think
thmbup.gif
it takes some getting used to but i couldn't imagine me without one - my forehead looks mahooooosive without my fringe! LOL
are you gonna get Mystical and GotS too?
Yes, I switch between a fringe and letting it grow out but I just seem to can't find a hair dresser who can cut my fringe the way I want. Last time I had a fringe it looked awful and since then I've been growing it out. Yeah, I'm planning on getting Mystical, Goddess of the Sea, and Enchanted One (as far as the lipsticks go).

http://web.stagram.com/p/708092019897452525_187389528 Some swatches.

Dolly Snow

Nail Laquer in Submerged:

although at times it's a little tricky to see the purple in different colours, it's a beautiful dark teal and reminds me of a frosty, pearlised version of Formidable!

curious about the other colours though - anyone picked up Neptune?

lippies to follow last!
I love this! It is so pretty.

Dolly Snow

thanks so much everyone for the kind welcomes and lovely words - i already feel at home here! admittedly i'm finding it tricky to keep up with all the posts lol. but i hope you're all finding my pics useful. i also need to learn how to do multiple quotes in one post in response to the requests for swatches, esp Modern Lure!

anyway, last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST - the lipsticks! sorry again for hyper pic onslaught...

arm swatches of Mystical and Goddess of the Sea:

l to r: Mystical (one swatch), Mystical (3 swatches), GotS (one swatch), GotS (3 swatches)

the following pics were taken in daylight, then flash, then close-up with flash.

Mystical:

GotS:

GotS with Modern Lure layered on top (you can kinda see the pink shimmer in the 3rd pic):

again, i apologise that the pictures aren't completely accurate with the colour. they're deeper than what the daylight photos show. the arm swatches are probably truest to the actual colour.

my fave just has to be GotS. i was super bummed-out that i missed out on Heavenly Hybrid, so you can imagine my delight that i managed to snag GotS. i think GotS might be slightly darker than HH, but it may just be the closest dupe i have!

if anyone's on the fence about GotS and love purples - get this shade. for reals. and if you want super-vampy lips, get ML for a two-hit combo!

so far i am lovin' this collection, and quite proud of myself that i managed to grab a few items before they sold out (again, HH woes continue to haunt me...). although i missed out on EO, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can get a hold of it in store.

also looking forward to swatches of the other lipglasses!

PS, my fringe looks longer and eye makeup is slightly different in some of the pics - this is because i took some photos last night and a few again today, and had trimmed my fringe earlier this afternoon =)
Love love them both on you!

User38

meh

I think I have seen all of these lippies somewhere before.. they just don't blow smoke up my skirt.. err
ohboy.gif

great pics Sickmuse.. ty!