MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

butterflyeyes

Several AA items that went from "ADD TO BAG" to "COMING SOON" on the Pro site. The ED bronzers, 3-4 of the lipsticks (the deeper shades). So those can't be ordered right now. Legendary Lure has always been Coming Soon Some of the "lesser demand" items (regular bronzers, brush) are still up for sale.  I wonder if MAC is trying to protect stock for the general release? Or is my browser messed up?
Yeah I just noticed the change too. Hoping I don't get the dreaded email that some of my items aren't available that I ordered earlier. I've only had that happen once over a year ago so I'm not too concerned.

patentg33k

Yeah I just noticed the change too. Hoping I don't get the dreaded email that some of my items aren't available that I ordered earlier. I've only had that happen once over a year ago so I'm not too concerned.
I don't think that's so, I had several items in my cart. In the blink of an eye, my browser refreshed and my cart was cleared out. (so, I hope these aren't sold outt!!!)

I think items go OOS one-by-one, more organically. This looked like Big MAC shut the door on several items in the same split-second, kwim?

macnc50diva

:bouquet:
Several AA items that went from "ADD TO BAG" to "COMING SOON" on the Pro site. The ED bronzers, 3-4 of the lipsticks (the deeper shades). So those can't be ordered right now. Legendary Lure has always been Coming Soon Some of the "lesser demand" items (regular bronzers, brush) are still up for sale.  I wonder if MAC is trying to protect stock for the general release? Or is my browser messed up?
Its going to be so frustrating if they've sold out on pro before the rest of us get to them. I really hope coming soon is meant to save some for us regular shoppers like you said but if they sold out already I'm going to go nuts.

jenise

Just wanna order my stuff and be done with this collection!! Time to move on to bigger and better things *cough* osbournes *cough* :heart2:

vaisforluvrs

Several AA items that went from "ADD TO BAG" to "COMING SOON" on the Pro site. The ED bronzers, 3-4 of the lipsticks (the deeper shades). So those can't be ordered right now.

Legendary Lure has always been Coming Soon

Some of the "lesser demand" items (regular bronzers, brush) are still up for sale. I wonder if MAC is trying to protect stock for the general release? Or is my browser messed up?
Why would they do that?

katieanne

ok I'm thinking about staying up tonight, but I'm on east coast and I'm kinda of hoping i can just get it in the AM does it come out in the middle of the night usually or during the day? i don't want to miss this, its my first big collection!

MissAileen

I hope this just releases at midnight (for everyone else)! or even around 11 p.m. to get it over with.. wishful thinking lol..
shrugs.gif

Genn

ok I'm thinking about staying up tonight, but I'm on east coast and I'm kinda of hoping i can just get it in the AM does it come out in the middle of the night usually or during the day? i don't want to miss this, its my first big collection!
The time is never the same.

BrknFlwr85

I usually just set alarms every few hours during the night it is supposed to go up for collections like this, but only if the items I want are likely to sell out. It will be available in stores and at other locations, so I don't have any reason to stay up all night to get anything. Now if this was RiRi, then I would say you need to obsessively refresh your browser if you had any hopes of getting what you wanted.

BeautyPopStop

Several AA items that went from "ADD TO BAG" to "COMING SOON" on the Pro site. The ED bronzers, 3-4 of the lipsticks (the deeper shades). So those can't be ordered right now.

Legendary Lure has always been Coming Soon

Some of the "lesser demand" items (regular bronzers, brush) are still up for sale. I wonder if MAC is trying to protect stock for the general release? Or is my browser messed up?
Mine did the same thing. I assumed it was to protect stock for the general release :) I seem to remember another collection did that a year or two ago where we had a full day of pro-only ordering and some things became "coming soon" then restocked during the general release.

Audrey C

I don't think that's so, I had several items in my cart. In the blink of an eye, my browser refreshed and my cart was cleared out. (so, I hope these aren't sold outt!!!)

I think items go OOS one-by-one, more organically. This looked like Big MAC shut the door on several items in the same split-second, kwim?
I'm glad they've shut the high demand items down. I'm not interested in this collection nor do I begrudge Pro members their purchases, but my beef in 2012 and early 13 was that vast quantities were being sold to pros (multiple 4 per item purchases) at a discount and appearing immediately on eBay. I wrote a scathing letter to MAC about it, actually. It makes no business sense to sell most of the stock at a greatly reduced price, thereby eliminating full price sales that just turn to eBay. They really need to implement better purchase controls, IMO.

With no offence to our Pro members, I was glad to see them launch to everyone at the same time. Something needed to change; they could have accomplished the same thing by limiting purchases more effectively (maximum number of an item per account rather than order, only releasing a portion early for pros, etc). Hope everyone can get what they want. If MAC has shut down sales, I'd guess they were plowing through their stocks.