MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Kaidan

do we have this already?

I like this promo pic. It's really lovely! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

I never thought about people who live in places like Florida where it's usually warm all the time and what they do about the seasonal makeup ideas. Good to know some people just wear what they feel. I, myself am a Northeast girl always and forever. I'd die if I couldn't wear my peacoats and scarves at some point during the year. The unbearable heat here for 2-3 months is enough for me.
I live in Puerto Rico which is summer forever and ever. It's really rare to see people wear gloves, scarves (they're only worn for fashion and indoors in office jobs), coats (even rain coats are super rare), anything fur, and other fall/winter stuff. Boots, sweaters, and cardigans are fine and dandy here but usually worn indoors or if you want to avoid the sun. Makeup usually is on the extremes here too, it's either neutral nudes, neutral eyes and a classic red lipstick, or vivid brights. It's quite a shocker when you're out there wearing vampy lips unless you're in the goth/rock/metal/punk scene or be brave and bold to wear it out there.

Audrey C

Most of us have been buying long enough to have more than enough coral/summer lippies. There's no shortage of bright/bold from MAC in 2014 (Playland, Patentpolish, even Heavenly Hybrid and Dreaming Dahlia from FoF); I'm more than happy to see something that's a bit outside the summer envelope.

I've decided that I don't like EDES very much (with the exception of Stolen Moment and A Natural Flirt that I wear often). I had six of the full-sized ones (Sweet Heat, Grand Galaxy, Rich Core, Modern Pewter, Opalesse, Zestful) and gave them all to my daughters because I never reached for them. Apart from preferring MAC's regular e/s (that I can BTM for most of the time), I think the cost of the mini EDES is ridiculous. Easy skip.

I don't have a nude lippie right now (I finished Kinda Sexy recently) so I'd be up for one if the undertone is right for me. I sold Private Party (looked matronly on me) but generally like those kind of purply/plum shades. The finish will determine if I get any of the lippies from this collection.

Can't wait to see the European pics/swatches. The compact is all but a given (I'd buy it empty) but I won't make up my mind about the lippies until I see pics. I'm drowning in blush (even after lots of swaps/sales) so I'm not even glancing at those.

PinkMaraschino

Love the packaging, the colors are very "meh". I'm not interested unless there are pinks and purples (I'm way too girlie lol). Skippie, unless the swatches are fab!

emberdarling

So now that I saw the picture blown up I didn't realize there was a purple lipstick! I am allll over that. Plus some of the eyeshadows look interesting but I will have to see a better angle & swatches to know for sure.
I want to see the rest of the collection! Face products (compact!), nail polishes!!!

MACina

Well it's Friday....
My thoughts exactly....I am soooooooooo excited
pompom.gif

OctoberViolet

So now that I saw the picture blown up I didn't realize there was a purple lipstick! I am allll over that. Plus some of the eyeshadows look interesting but I will have to see a better angle & swatches to know for sure.
I want to see the rest of the collection! Face products (compact!), nail polishes!!!
iagree.gif
Team Purple!!!!!

MRV

Well it's Friday....
I've been thinking about this, too...

Since the lippies are going to cost here almost USD30, I'm sort of happy that I won't be feeling the need to get like all of them, not to mention the rest of the collection.

DILLIGAF

Can I have a code toooooo?! LOL
I don't quite get 10 uses, but I try!
I like the 138s too! I use 110's a lot as well.
I also use corner lashes for everyday situations. Ardell 135's are great for that.
I almost lost a lung laughing at the "Can I get a code tooooooo?"

Quote: Originally Posted by jchait

Yay for being from Florida! Summer year around....just gotta be careful when it gets really hot that your face doesn't melt off lol
Tinted Moisturizer during the day and more fuller coverage at night. The hot and humid one two punch will get you out here. lol

As for the collection It's looking like one lipstick for me. The darkest shade naturally. I've sworn off lipglass for a while, but that last one is looking interesting. As for what I can see of the EDES I'm taking a wait and see approach. No liners or any kind. Bring on the face collections and the compacts!!!

Uptownbackinit

YAY for pictures! Thanks ya'll!

Also, all you who live in warm temps all year long. I'm jealous! My state is such a bipolar B**ch! we can either get two/three months of hot weather, then cold! it can go from warm and sunny to snow in a day! I get pretty grouchy when i bust out my sandals just to put on my boots.
But as for seasonal makeup, i don't follow the rules. I'll wear whateve.

BeautyFan55

YAY for pictures! Thanks ya'll! Also, all you who live in warm temps all year long. I'm jealous! My state is such a bipolar B**ch! we can either get two/three months of hot weather, then cold! it can go from warm and sunny to snow in a day! I get pretty grouchy when i  bust out my sandals just to put on my boots.   But as for seasonal makeup, i don't follow the rules. I'll wear whateve. 
It's the same issue where I live. People had on shorts last week, it snowed this week, now it's April showers. I know it's off topic, but I find the weather to be annoying. I hope there's a color story this weekend.

singer82

Kinda glad I'm not gaga over the lippies yet. But I will need at least one in that packaging! Was hoping for some dazzles. Would have loved a dazzle version of Summer Shower. I already own quite a few of the shadows, so that will depend on the colors.

SassClassBeauty

Thanks for posting!!!

Why am I not impressed? The packaging is ok, but the colors from what I see in this picture is similar to the magnetic nude collection...
Thought the same thing! *Brain to Self* Didn't they just do an entire line of nudes and here we are again with a line of nudes?

Latest posts