MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
hi! very new here, but i had to make an account so i could comment on this post.
i am PRAYING that one of those shadows is goldbit. i have been obsessed with it since it was in that shiny bronze packaging (belle azure? 2005?) and i haven't had it in years.
and if many are repromotes (and perhaps lustres?) maybe that one lipstick laying on the promo pic is lollipop lovin? the name doesn't make sense for the collection, but the green shimmer would look gorgeous in that packaging. i don't see any shimmer in it, but the color itself looks similar to me. just a thought!
Those are Extra Dimension eyeshadows, so no Goldbit.

Welcome to the site!

gigiproductions

hi! very new here, but i had to make an account so i could comment on this post.
i am PRAYING that one of those shadows is goldbit. i have been obsessed with it since it was in that shiny bronze packaging (belle azure? 2005?) and i haven't had it in years.
and if many are repromotes (and perhaps lustres?) maybe that one lipstick laying on the promo pic is lollipop lovin? the name doesn't make sense for the collection, but the green shimmer would look gorgeous in that packaging. i don't see any shimmer in it, but the color itself looks similar to me. just a thought!
wow Goldbit..You just made me go check my stash and i have a depotted one in a palette..ha that was my staple highlighter e/s for a long time

I loved the Belle Azure collection! I have a backup Raython lg because its my fave and still good after all these years ha

breatheonbeat

wow Goldbit..You just made me go check my stash and i have a depotted one in a palette..ha that was my staple highlighter e/s for a long time

I loved the Belle Azure collection! I have a backup Raython lg because its my fave and still good after all these years ha
it was my first 'special' mac product! i wish i understood at the time that 'limited edition' meant 'hey this will come back ONCE and NEVER AGAIN' hahah

MissBeautyBunni

*Sucks teeth*
001_unsure.gif

ChosenOne

Most of us have been buying long enough to have more than enough coral/summer lippies. There's no shortage of bright/bold from MAC in 2014 (Playland, Patentpolish, even Heavenly Hybrid and Dreaming Dahlia from FoF); I'm more than happy to see something that's a bit outside the summer envelope.

I've decided that I don't like EDES very much (with the exception of Stolen Moment and A Natural Flirt that I wear often). I had six of the full-sized ones (Sweet Heat, Grand Galaxy, Rich Core, Modern Pewter, Opalesse, Zestful) and gave them all to my daughters because I never reached for them. Apart from preferring MAC's regular e/s (that I can BTM for most of the time), I think the cost of the mini EDES is ridiculous. Easy skip.

I don't have a nude lippie right now (I finished Kinda Sexy recently) so I'd be up for one if the undertone is right for me. I sold Private Party (looked matronly on me) but generally like those kind of purply/plum shades. The finish will determine if I get any of the lippies from this collection.

Can't wait to see the European pics/swatches. The compact is all but a given (I'd buy it empty) but I won't make up my mind about the lippies until I see pics. I'm drowning in blush (even after lots of swaps/sales) so I'm not even glancing at those.
I agree on both counts! The only EDES I've ever loved is Zestful. I've had two others and just didn't love them. As for the lipsticks, I probably have almost every color on the planet, so at this point it is really all about the finish! Happy they're coming out with more amplified finishes in {Playland, so maybe I'll get lucky and a couple of these will be amplified as well. I feel like I'm done buying mattes for a long while *waits for erine to lash out*

steaminghot

I agree on both counts!  The only EDES I've ever loved is Zestful.  I've had two others and just didn't love them.  As for the lipsticks, I probably have almost every color on the planet, so at this point it is really all about the finish!  Happy they're coming out with more amplified finishes in {Playland, so maybe I'll get lucky and a couple of these will be amplified as well.  I feel like I'm done buying mattes for a long while  *waits for erine to lash out*
Blasphemy! Stop buying Matte lipsticks. That's crazy talk.