MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

IAmakeupaddict

I'm super glad that I'd already decided not to buy anything from this collection. If I had, it would have been ONLY for the packaging... which, is gorgeous.. but I already have too much makeup I don't use. On to the Osbournes!

sh123

I'm happy I got everything I wanted. Had to "go to the bathroom" to check if it had gone live and luckily it had and I was able to get my order in.
cheerleader.gif
#makeupaddictproblems

emberdarling

I have never really done this in store so was hoping someone could answer this-
if you are, say, one of the first few people in the store (and there is a line) but you want to swatch something/ try it on first, what do you do? do you put all the items you're contemplating in your "cart" and then try them on and toss back whatever you change your mind on?

sh123

I also got suckered into buying refined golden bronzing powder because the packaging was just to hard to resist!
eyelove.gif

lipstickjunkie

If they're still doing it.. it's because there's a market for it. The problem is it's a reinforcing cycle: People buy it up and sell on ebay.. so store stock sells out fast.. so people who don't care about the ethics buy on ebay because it's the only place left because it sold out so fast. They ebayers make $$$ and then do it even more the next collection. And so on.
They should start suing those ppl who resale for higher prices. Do something!!! Thats so unfair to MAC and the customers. Something needs to be done. I bet those evilbay sellers have pro discounts too!!! Highly doubt they buy full price.

pinkpaint

Thats the one I meant--Jersey. Still says "tba" for tix!!! Im holding out hope that they will add a show at yankee stadium. They did just add more shows in CA-- the tix went on sale yesterday for them.
I hope they do, too. I think it will force some of the scammers to lower their prices and for average folks to sell their other tix for the NY show. Either way, it could only help me lol

smooch3s

My final haul: (minus Mystical and Enchanted One lipsticks that were stolen out of my cart as I was checking out....yes, I'm bitter!)

Aphrodite's Shell x2
Delphic x2
All of the eyeshadows
GOTS x2
Water Deities lipglass
Sea Me, Hear Me Blush
Golden Bronzer
Both brushes

I'm not surprised at what's selling out, I'm just surprised that it sold out so quickly! Now I'll have to stalk Macy's and Nordstrom's to get the lipsticks. Grrrrrr. I hate you, MAC, for making me feel like a junkie looking for my next fix!!!
mac_addict.gif

prettygirl8

I can't believe I missed the launch! Oh well. I got Lorelei and Modern Lure, which were the two products that I wanted the most anyways. Missing the launch forced me to narrow down my list lol

macnc50diva

Now Lorelei is gone. I must really be missing out on the ed eyeshadows. I just can't bring myself to pay the same for something that used to be double the size without a lower price tag.