MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

joanita

wow Stereo Rose finally sold out lmao, I did not get any lippies because I want to see what 2013 brings. I'm enjoying all the swatches tho
eyelove.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
cheerleader.gif
It will look lovely on you! What else do you have your eye on?

Well, its kinda nice that you get to see pics & swatches ahead of time. Hopefully you will catch it early. Enjoy!
OMG - I LOVE that "Snuggly & Lush"! That scarf is seriously out of control
tong.gif
Aww, I was thinking that it would pair up nicely with Poised as I was ordering it.
th_kiss.gif
th_sign_woot.gif

Ahhhhh...lovely I'm sure. Thanks
Thank you.
bouquet.gif
I plan to order Amber Glow, Haute Attitude, Ice MES and the eye brush. I'm also getting a CP from the US for Stereo Rose, both Strength blushes and Nocturnal Instincts.
I'd love to get a lot more from Apres Chic, but I'm low on funds. I'm still debating on getting Silver Birch MES.
And then there's the Chanel spring collection coming out, too...
thud.gif

Audrey C

On me, pale champagne would be more accurate. I think the shimmer particles are those fine, clear, almost wet look reflective kinds we've seen in different sizes in a few different products and it just picks up a champagne effect from the base color and other binders in the formula. It's not as golden or wet looking as WoG.
Liba, you sold me on this one and it was nowhere near my list. Once you gave the 'similar magic to FM' speech I knew I had to have it. (To go with my ridiculous number of blushes). I convinced myself that it will be a natural highlight/blush.
pretty.gif

Audrey C

SR on my cheeks
Just Wonderful l/l w/ HC on my lips (GORGEOUS combo)
Eyes: Ice Inner Corner, Mossy Green Color Tattoo on the outer 3/4 of lid w/ SB on top (LOVE LOVE LOVE this pairing!), UD's Naked to blend out my crease, UD's Buck to deepen crease and outer v, UD's Virgin to highlight browbone

Sorry for the crappy iPhone Pic quality...

Loving the dark hair on you - gorgeous! :)

That's how Hot Chocolate looks on me too. I'll have to try it with Spice liner - I bought Morning Coffee to go with it. I think it would look different with Burgandy liner too. I love chameleon lippies.

Audrey C

Stereo Rose on NC20

More pics on my blog

http://cheekmeout.blogspot.com/2012/12/mac-stereo-rose-mineralize-skinfinish.html
Looks very similar on me - our skin tone is very close. I love it! It looks far more shimmery when heavily swatched than it does lightly applied.

CartoonChic

I just ordered my Hot Chocolates because of Cartoon Chic's glowing review. You had me at like Glamourdaze. LOL
I hope you like it! I'm going to the mall tomorrow to get my BU. It's actually different from Glamourdaze on me, but I love it. I don't feel like ordering it online. I want instant gratification. I'm going to get Fireside MES while I'm there. Ice and Silver Birch will have to wait until January. I'm still debating an Apres Chic BU. I wore it today with Stereo Rose and really like it, but don't know if I need to back it up. It's a more opaque Fire Sign on me and I have 2 of those.

Icecaramellatte

Would you want something less white and peachy like FM and more ivory + nude/apricot? It does the same sort of thing on me as FM, but less pale and retro and more natural looking, also with more sheen than something like Elude, but less than a lot of MSFs. It's really good at getting rid of freckles and unevenness and dullness. I know Mac-Guy was feeling like it came out with an orange cast on him, so if you're NW, you probably will want to test it - it may bring out the apricot in it more. It's one of the best no-makeup look face products of the whole year for me, maybe the best, though! I love it and am actually considering a BU, which I NEVER do with blush and highlighters, but have done with Elude and FM. Like I was saying before, I wouldn't want to use it over foundation - it's more for a very fresh faced, natural look.

It works great under the eyes the way Elude does, btw. I know you like using Elude that way...

I will definitely take a before and after picture of it on a day I don't have to use flash, like today.

EDIT: Since people are comparing it to Light Year, it's got more coverage than a single layer of LY and is less powdery - more melt-into-your-skin. I don't think it'd be good all over the face like MSFs, it's more for the cheeks and a touch on the nose perhaps, because of the type of sheen it has. Even with more coverage, I think it winds up looking more natural than LY. I definitely like LY, but AG I loooooooove.
heart.gif
I've racked my brain, but I can't figure out FM. What does it mean?

BTW - I tried Fireside with Winter's Pursuit and it looked really good. I keep confusing Winter's Pursuit because I think Fireside is a better name for it. I would think the orangey coppery one would be called Fireside but it's not. But I put Winter's Pursuit all over the lid, Fireside in the outer V and Ice in the inner corner.

MACJunkie85

If everything is still available on Thursday I am going to get another SR and PP. I love them. I also might pick up HC and AB. I am really wondering how AB blush will look on me.

CartoonChic

I've racked my brain, but I can't figure out FM. What does it mean?

BTW - I tried Fireside with Winter's Pursuit and it looked really good. I keep confusing Winter's Pursuit because I think Fireside is a better name for it. I would think the orangey coppery one would be called Fireside but it's not. But I put Winter's Pursuit all over the lid, Fireside in the outer V and Ice in the inner corner.
I think it's the Forever Marilyn Beauty Powder. That's why I have to write the names out. I get confused by all of the abbreviations and forget what we're talking about.
tong.gif

Prettypackages

Would you want something less white and peachy like FM and more ivory + nude/apricot? It does the same sort of thing on me as FM, but less pale and retro and more natural looking, also with more sheen than something like Elude, but less than a lot of MSFs. It's really good at getting rid of freckles and unevenness and dullness. I know Mac-Guy was feeling like it came out with an orange cast on him, so if you're NW, you probably will want to test it - it may bring out the apricot in it more. It's one of the best no-makeup look face products of the whole year for me, maybe the best, though! I love it and am actually considering a BU, which I NEVER do with blush and highlighters, but have done with Elude and FM. Like I was saying before, I wouldn't want to use it over foundation - it's more for a very fresh faced, natural look.

It works great under the eyes the way Elude does, btw. I know you like using Elude that way...

I will definitely take a before and after picture of it on a day I don't have to use flash, like today.

EDIT: Since people are comparing it to Light Year, it's got more coverage than a single layer of LY and is less powdery - more melt-into-your-skin. I don't think it'd be good all over the face like MSFs, it's more for the cheeks and a touch on the nose perhaps, because of the type of sheen it has. Even with more coverage, I think it winds up looking more natural than LY. I definitely like LY, but AG I loooooooove.
heart.gif
ok so I got it. LOL How should I wear it? Under my eyes and on my cheeks only?

amzee807

I'm an NC45 and am really debating getting Hot Chocolate. I haven't bought lipstick in a while and don't have anything like Hot Chocolate but I'm wondering what kind of eye looks I could pair it with. Any suggestions? I am new to commenting on Specktra btw!
blush-anim-cl.gif

PixieDancer

I got Amber Glow
th_thstars.gif
Oh no... here I go again! LOL I may leave it up to the MAC gods and see if they have any left at my local MAC before trying to buy it online. Looks like I'm headed to the Mall tomorrow!
Thanks for the pushes and SHOVES naughty ladies! HeeHee wink

Prettypackages

I'm considering a backup of HC. I've been seeing a lot of taupe, nude, mauve lips on tv and in magazines lately. I love what I see out there, so hopefully I'll get the same effect.

Paisly

I'm so undecided on amber glow. :/ it looks lovely but I'm sure I have something like it. I should just get it ... Like now. Lol

Shellcat

My gorgeous friend! Love HC on you!

SR on my cheeks
Just Wonderful l/l w/ HC on my lips (GORGEOUS combo)
Eyes: Ice Inner Corner, Mossy Green Color Tattoo on the outer 3/4 of lid w/ SB on top (LOVE LOVE LOVE this pairing!), UD's Naked to blend out my crease, UD's Buck to deepen crease and outer v, UD's Virgin to highlight browbone

Sorry for the crappy iPhone Pic quality...

Latest posts