MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

ladyarwen

Holy shit y'all, the perfection of Haute Altitude knows no bounds. Fantastic every day lip color. Everyone should have a pink like this.

MACina

Impatiently waiting for HA
sigh.gif

Haven

I tried all 3 MB's, and unfortunately for my wallet all 3 work on my skintone. No oompa loompas in sight.

JulieDiva

Oh....I know. We WILL stick with it! Have to, girlie!

Or we may be on the new show, Make-Up Hoarders...
Christmas.gif

LOL!!! Funny...
This is sooo true...I often wonder if there is market for such a show...cuz i would not only watch it, but I could be on it!!

Prettypackages

So glad you got sucked in Prettypackages! Turnabout is fair play because you made me get Warm Companion l/s and I just ordered Nice & Simple...I interpreted your comments as, "medgal07, you really need this in your life," even if they weren't your exact words. So, I relented. I'm weak.
blah.gif
I got poised b/c of you...
blah.gif
But let's
th_shake2.gif
on it. if I buy this car this week, there goes all my extra makeup money, unless a new job comes along. (please God Please let it come) ;-)

mac_aiken

I cannot tell you how much I love HC. When I wear it over Lip Erase it is taupe heaven. When I wear it over bare lips the plum pulls through a bit more. So pretty. I don't back up lipsticks (other than my beloved Rocker and I am still looking for those so if anyone is willing to part with one let me know) but this might be an exception.

bulbasaur359

Well, I ordered Fireside. I knew I shoulda just added it to my HC order lol. Oh well. I'm looking forward to getting it hopefully the holiday won't slow mac down too much. I am wondering why there are not the amount of swatches of these collections as normal. I'm thinking b/c of the holidays but it's strange.

Audrey C

Holy glitter bomb! I just had my makeup done at my local MAC counter and they used the mineralized shadows on me. I'll restrain myself from washing them off if I can (we're heading out to dinner at friends'), but these are not shades I could see myself wearing again. The MUA used Frost at Midnight as a sheer wash from lid to brow and then used Fix+ to pack it on in the inner half of my lid. She then applied Fireside using Fix+ to the outer half of the lid and in the corner/crease. The colours are pretty but it's way too shimmery for me and I'm already shedding glitter. Ugh. I'm wearing Snow Shadow as a liner and In Extreme Dimension mascara.

She applied Stereo Rose as a blush with Alpine Bronze as a contour. I really didn't like AB; it didn't survive five minutes of me being at home. I don't like how Oompa Loompa orangy it is, and I'm someone who loves orange. I'm glad I passed on this one. Since I already have Hot Chocolate and Apres Chic, she applied Haute Attitude as the lippie.

It was fun to get my makeup done - I hadn't done that in ages. I don't care for how glittery the shadows are, but that has nothing to do with her application of them.

I didn't add to my purchases from this collection but I did get the BB cream in Light Plus; it looks promising!

mousygiggles

Holy glitter bomb! I just had my makeup done at my local MAC counter and they used the mineralized shadows on me. I'll restrain myself from washing them off if I can (we're heading out to dinner at friends'), but these are not shades I could see myself wearing again. The MUA used Frost at Midnight as a sheer wash from lid to brow and then used Fix+ to pack it on in the inner half of my lid. She then applied Fireside using Fix+ to the outer half of the lid and in the corner/crease. The colours are pretty but it's way too shimmery for me and I'm already shedding glitter. Ugh. I'm wearing Snow Shadow as a liner and In Extreme Dimension mascara.

She applied Shadow Rose as a blush with Alpine Bronze as a contour. I really didn't like AB; it didn't survive five minutes of me being at home. I don't like how Oompa Loompa orangy it is, and I'm someone who loves orange. I'm glad I passed on this one. Since I already have Hot Chocolate and Apres Chic, she applied Haute Attitude as the lippie.

It was fun to get my makeup done - I hadn't done that in ages. I don't care for how glittery the shadows are, but that has nothing to do with her application of them.

I didn't add to my purchases from this collection but I did get the BB cream in Light Plus; it looks promising!
Awww. I'm sorry you didn't like them. I haven't had fall out yet but they are pretty shimmery. That is what I so love about them! I hope the dinner is wonderful and it is good that you had fun.

Audrey C

Awww. I'm sorry you didn't like them. I haven't had fall out yet but they are pretty shimmery. That is what I so love about them! I hope the dinner is wonderful and it is good that you had fun.
I like the colour, just not the finish (for me - I think they'd be lovely on others). I think I might have to check out Club instead of Fireside; I do like the two-tone finish.

Mac-Guy

She applied Shadow Rose as a blush with Alpine Bronze as a contour. I really didn't like AB; it didn't survive five minutes of me being at home. I don't like how Oompa Loompa orangy it is, and I'm someone who loves orange. I'm glad I passed on this one. Since I already have Hot Chocolate and Apres Chic, she applied Haute Attitude as the lippie.

You aptly describe my sentiments towards the AC collection.

Did you get the cream or the compact? I have a feeling you might like it.

elegant-one

What about Winter Pursuit & Warm Companion???? WP kind of reminds me of that middle zipper that nobody but me liked
girlhaha.gif
which btw looks gorgeous just above the pupil

Audrey C

You aptly describe my sentiments towards the AC collection.

Did you get the cream or the compact? I have a feeling you might like it.
I got the cream - she applied it very lightly to my t-zone and a bit on my cheeks and it really helped even out my skin. She did apply F&B C2 over it, but only a trace amount and not everywhere. I'll be interested to see how it holds up over the day. What do you think of it, and do you prefer the cream or the compact?