MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

elegant-one

I LOVE LOVE LOVE AC lipstick
love.gif
Its like Strawberry Jam all over my lips
greengrin.gif
The texture is divine

Mac-Guy

I don't do pigments, but I'll have to check out UD Lounge when I'm at Sephora.. Thanks!

I got the cream - she applied it very lightly to my t-zone and a bit on my cheeks and it really helped even out my skin. She did apply F&B C2 over it, but only a trace amount and not everywhere. I'll be interested to see how it holds up over the day. What do you think of it, and do you prefer the cream or the compact?
Just look here: http://www.specktra.net/t/180180/prep-and-prime-beauty-balm-spy-35/120#post_2316805

Audrey C

Just look here: http://www.specktra.net/t/180180/prep-and-prime-beauty-balm-spy-35/120#post_2316805
I just found the thread - thanks. It sounds like I got the right one. I don't care for creamy compacts very much. This seems more sanitary to me.

This may be a great primer for under FM when I can't be bothered to wear foundation. :)

mousygiggles

Ahhhh man...you just want to get me into trouble ...talking me into to everything
lol.gif
th_DANCE.gif

So how does WC look on your lips?
Mine are pretty reddish pigmented and it makes them a frosty nude. It is like a frosty Cusp of Dawn. I also have used it to highlight the center of my lips with Outrageously Fun and with Hot Chocolate!

Elianessss

I don't have a photo but there is a difference.  HA is slightly darker/more pink imo with an Amplified finish where as Angel is lighter with a Frost finish. If you wanna be picky about it - you probably don't need both but the difference imo is enough to warrant having both.
I really want it lol Angels a pinch to light for me I'll probably end up getting it lol I need a new everyday pink

liba

What about Winter Pursuit & Warm Companion???? WP kind of reminds me of that middle zipper that nobody but me liked
girlhaha.gif
which btw looks gorgeous just above the pupil
I LOVE WP - I was on the fence about getting it originally, but I think it might wind up being my most used. As you can see from my rants about it, I totally agree with you on what miracles it does for the lids.

Warm Companion is my favorite lipstick from this whole collection, in fact! The sun just came out finally, so let me see if I can take a non-crappy photo of it - if I can't get it to look color correct, or nearly, I won't post it, though. I don't feel like getting made up right now, enjoying a shlumpy day for a change, but WC I will try to do!

MRV

Wonder if you can use the new silicone applicators with MES? I tried them out for the first time yesterday with a crushed pigment and it was like spreading butter!!

liba

Ugh, sorry ladies…I tried. By the time I replaced the batteries in the camera (you see how often I use it), the sun went away again and I couldn't get anything approaching actual color with the flash. It's such a crap camera too - I don't know why I bother struggling with it - even an iPhone camera is better nowadays than this old junk (and I don't have an iPhone).

With flash, the no makeup photos looked almost the same as the Amber Glow/Alpine Bronze + Warm Companion photos (which I guess is a good thing for real life, eh?).

JUST GO TO A STORE AND TRY
bangin.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

elegant-one

Ugh, sorry ladies…I tried. By the time I replaced the batteries in the camera (you see how often I use it), the sun went away again and I couldn't get anything approaching actual color with the flash. It's such a crap camera too - I don't know why I bother struggling with it - even an iPhone camera is better nowadays than this old junk (and I don't have an iPhone).

With flash, the no makeup photos looked almost the same as the Amber Glow/Alpine Bronze + Warm Companion photos (which I guess is a good thing for real life, eh?).

JUST GO TO A STORE AND TRY
bangin.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
girlhaha.gif
Thanks for trying.

liba

Wonder if you can use the new silicone applicators with MES? I tried them out for the first time yesterday with a crushed pigment and it was like spreading butter!!
Since you asked, I went and gave it a try with Frost at Midnight. Nope, the applicator isn't as good as a brush - the product is too dry in the pan to pick enough up. A plain old 239 was much better.

I think the applicators are better for these products with an emollient or oily base, like the PPs, CMPs, etc.

valkolak

Cloudy Afternoon vs. Silver Birch
pompom.gif
First two pics are without flash and the last is with flash. I think the pics make the shades look a teeny bit warmer than irl. Also w/o flash is more true to color.

These two are a lot more similar than I had thought. The base colors are close except CA is a bit...warmer maybe? It looks like it's a bit more brown. And SB is a little darker and has much more glitter. The glitter is kind of a light gold. It's so beautiful T_T.

valkolak

Holy glitter bomb! I just had my makeup done at my local MAC counter and they used the mineralized shadows on me. I'll restrain myself from washing them off if I can (we're heading out to dinner at friends'), but these are not shades I could see myself wearing again. The MUA used Frost at Midnight as a sheer wash from lid to brow and then used Fix+ to pack it on in the inner half of my lid. She then applied Fireside using Fix+ to the outer half of the lid and in the corner/crease. The colours are pretty but it's way too shimmery for me and I'm already shedding glitter. Ugh. I'm wearing Snow Shadow as a liner and In Extreme Dimension mascara.

She applied Stereo Rose as a blush with Alpine Bronze as a contour. I really didn't like AB; it didn't survive five minutes of me being at home. I don't like how Oompa Loompa orangy it is, and I'm someone who loves orange. I'm glad I passed on this one. Since I already have Hot Chocolate and Apres Chic, she applied Haute Attitude as the lippie.

It was fun to get my makeup done - I hadn't done that in ages. I don't care for how glittery the shadows are, but that has nothing to do with her application of them.

I didn't add to my purchases from this collection but I did get the BB cream in Light Plus; it looks promising!
I love glitter so I might need fireside now.
girlhaha.gif
FaM is pretty fallout-y isn't it. I was kinda disappointed but I haven't tried it wet. I am so surprised that Silver Birch isn't fallout city though. It's kinda magic.