MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

PixieDancer

My gorgeous friend! Love HC on you!
AWWWWWW! Thanks boo! You are the one that got me so excited about it! It's the only lipstick I've tried so far! 2 days in a row!!
I don't know how we are EVER going to stick to our New Years Resolution... You better gear up for some serious babysitting of my impulses!!

Shellcat

Oh....I know. We WILL stick with it! Have to, girlie!

Or we may be on the new show, Make-Up Hoarders...
Christmas.gif

AWWWWWW! Thanks boo! You are the one that got me so excited about it! It's the only lipstick I've tried so far! 2 days in a row!!
I don't know how we are EVER going to stick to our New Years Resolution... You better gear up for some serious babysitting of my impulses!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yesterday tried out Silver Birch on my eyes, Stereo Rose on cheeks and Apres Chic lipstick. Love the combination! AC is a really nice formula and I'm not usually a cremesheen fan. I feel like it's much smoother and more even on my lips than other CSs. WIN!

Medgal07

I need to go back and catch up on this thread, but my 2nd and 3rd orders we're delivered today. I like both Porcelain Pink and Stereo Rose, but my goodness they're so powdery. The MSFs from Heavenly Creature are my benchmark since they're the first MSFs I purchased and they're not as powdery. Keeping the plastic insert is a must. Porcelain Pink is a pretty, soft light pink on me. It's a very subtle highlight. Stereo Rose shows up coral on me and I love it. I got a BU of it by instinct. Glad I did.

Haute Altitude is nice. That about sums it up for me. It doesn't make me excited to wear it and it doesn't look bad. It's just nice. I do feel like I may need a liner to wear it. It's right on the cusp of being a little pasty for my skin tone. I like Apres Chic a lot. I was thinking that it reminded me of another lipstick in my stash when I swatched it at the store, but I couldn't recall which one. Now I know. It's like a more opaque Fire Sign.

I don't know what to make of Hot Chocolate. I like it, but I don't know why. It's not like Glamourdaze on me. It cancels out my lip color and looks like a nude lip with a mauve tint. It appears more mauve on my hand than it does on my lips. For some reason it makes me think of Chanel Notorious in a lipstick version. I don't have anything like it. I wasn't sure how to wear it, but I had it on when I was trying on the MSFs. I get it now. It can be worn alone, but you'll get the full effect of it if worn with additional makeup. It's deceptive in that it seems so simple and boring, but I think it's the most unique and dramatic shade out of the bunch.

I can't say anything about Cozy Up because it was missing from my order. Silly MAC! I need to give them a call. I haven't tested the 287 brush yet, but I like it. I also received my replacement Embrace Me since I haven't been able to find my missing one. NYX Pinky is a close dupe. NYX Hot Pink could be another dupe, but it's a bit lighter/brighter than Embrace Me.

I want to get BUs of Hot Chocolate and Apres Chic. I hope to get them when I'm able to get the rest of the MESs.
I hope MAC remedied the missing Cozy Up issue!

Medgal07

you're killing me. I can't wear MES, stop it!!!

you've convinced me to get alpine glow and the 188.
So glad you got sucked in Prettypackages! Turnabout is fair play because you made me get Warm Companion l/s and I just ordered Nice & Simple...I interpreted your comments as, "medgal07, you really need this in your life," even if they weren't your exact words. So, I relented. I'm weak.
blah.gif

Medgal07

Very pretty PixieDancer. It's amazing how this lippie plays on different tones. Really pretty awesome. I have yet to try mine but I'm getting to it!
SR on my cheeks
Just Wonderful l/l w/ HC on my lips (GORGEOUS combo)
Eyes: Ice Inner Corner, Mossy Green Color Tattoo on the outer 3/4 of lid w/ SB on top (LOVE LOVE LOVE this pairing!), UD's Naked to blend out my crease, UD's Buck to deepen crease and outer v, UD's Virgin to highlight browbone

Sorry for the crappy iPhone Pic quality...

ForeverJenn

all these posts about hot chocolate are really making reconsider!
I'm already beginning to show "skippers remorse" but luckily it's still available..
with that being said I only can afford to get one more product because I'm broke lol (+ gotta start saving for Archie's collection)

I can't decide between Hot chocolate lipstick, or Amber Glow MB...
fluffy.gif

my fellow Specktrettes, which of the two would you choose?

bulbasaur359

I'd go
all these posts about hot chocolate are really making reconsider! I'm already beginning to show "skippers remorse" but luckily it's still available.. with that being said I only can afford to get one more product because I'm broke lol (+ gotta start saving for Archie's collection) I can't decide between Hot chocolate lipstick, or Amber Glow MB... :fluffy: [COLOR=FF0000]my fellow Specktrettes, which of the two would you choose?[/COLOR]
I'd go with the one you'd likely wear the most. I haven't seen either in person so it's hard to choose. I understand the being broke.

Elianessss

Does anyone have a picture of haute altitude and angel lipstick? I really want it but I wanna see if there is a difference

PeachTwist

I really want it but I wanna see if there is a difference
I don't have a photo but there is a difference. HA is slightly darker/more pink imo with an Amplified finish where as Angel is lighter with a Frost finish. If you wanna be picky about it - you probably don't need both but the difference imo is enough to warrant having both.

Anitacska

I agree. I have the oldest version of Stereo Rose as well as the newer one (not the newest yet) and the old one is just as finely milled. Stereo Rose was one of the best ones I think, like Pleasureflush and Lightscapade, not like Naked You and Northern Lights though, those two are horribly gritty. :(

The general formula of the MSFs hasn't changed. Each "style" is a bit different based on if it's a single colour, has veining, or is swirled.

Anitacska

It's up on the Mac UK website now, but I want to wait for either Debenhams or House of Fraser to have it, so I can earn points. Maybe tomorrow...

I know right!! The release date for Holland is the 5th but most of the time collections pop up a few days early. So I'm already stalking lol.
lol.gif

Latest posts