MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

MACina

Wow....thank you Naynadine
th_hug.gif

What a pretty color story
heart.gif

The MES sound all stunning and I am very excited for Amber Glow,Alpine Bronze,the lipsticks and of course the
mineralize lip balms!!!

287 Brush – Duo Fibre Eye Shadow Brush (Natural / Synthetic Fibre) source: Après Chic Ende Januar / Anfang Februar 2013 | Beautyrella

I think the Pro Longwear Pencils will be perm.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Ugh, I want so much. Is the 287 new?! Not too happy about having to add a LE brush to my list. This will be expensive.

ChosenOne

287 Brush – Duo Fibre Eye Shadow Brush (Natural / Synthetic Fibre) source: Après Chic Ende Januar / Anfang Februar 2013 | Beautyrella

I think the Pro Longwear Pencils will be perm.
Thanks, Naynadine!! Amber Glow MB sounds like it has potential, and Mountain Air eyeliner might end up being my only "must have" of this collection. I hope I like the new formula! Tealo was one of my favorite eyeliners. I was upset when they discontinued it, but thankfully still have a b/u. Sounds like this might be a brighter version, which would be exciting!

rockin

Possibly just one lipstick, one eyeshadow and one blush, depending on swatches. I'm not a huge fan of mineralise products.

The eyeliners sound good, but I've just bought the latest Urban Decay set, so unless any of these are drastically different I can skip those for now.

Thanks for finding the 'colour story'. I've often wondered why everyone calls it a 'story' when it's actually a list of names and descriptions, though.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think this one will be lighter on the wallet for me. I already have Stereo Rose and am nowhere near finishing it. Apres-Chic lipstick is a possibility. Hot Chocolate sounds interesting, although I'm thinking "plum" in this case may mean more brown than anything else, given the name. Silver Birch eye shadow is also a possibility. I find that I prefer the lighter shades of MES- darker ones tend to look muddy on me. Plus the medium to dark ones seem to be the ones that irritate my eyes.

luvlydee

oh boy, i thought i was done after my glmaourdaze haul,
my pre-swatch list

lipstick:
Cozy Up – Deep caramel (Matte)

blushes:
Gentle – Raspberry with gold pearlized pigments °
Alpine Bronze – Mid-tone caramel

rockin

I think this one will be lighter on the wallet for me. I already have Stereo Rose and am nowhere near finishing it. Apres-Chic lipstick is a possibility. Hot Chocolate sounds interesting, although I'm thinking "plum" in this case may mean more brown than anything else, given the name. Silver Birch eye shadow is also a possibility. I find that I prefer the lighter shades of MES- darker ones tend to look muddy on me. Plus the medium to dark ones seem to be the ones that irritate my eyes.
Apres-Chic is the lipstick that I might be interested in, too. Most of the MES sound similar to previous ones, although of course we know how good MAC are at describing colour.

MRV

Here's my preliminary list. I like some of the names!
Lipstick
Après Chic – Pinky brick red (Cremesheen)
Cozy Up – Deep caramel (Matte)
Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm (possibly only one)
Slightly Nude – Nudey coral with subtle pink pearlized pigments
Nice & Simple – Bronzy gold with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments

Mineralize Eye Shadow
Ice – Light peach base with white veining
Silver Birch – Grey base with peach veining
Fireside – Deep plum with grey veining
Frost at Midnight – Deep blue-grey base with purple veining
Winter Pursuit – Copper base with grey veining

Pro Longwear Eye Liner (not all, esp. if these are perm)
Rich Experience – True brown *
Mountain Air – Vibrant teal *
Night Trail – Deep navy blue *
Snow Shadow – Purple violet *

Mineralize Blush (Hope these don't have the same texture as Gentle)
Amber Glow – Warm peach
Alpine Bronze – Mid-tone caramel

Brush
287 Brush – Duo Fibre Eye Shadow Brush (Natural / Synthetic Fibre)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Warm Companion lippie sounds really good to me.
I see the MES which I thought was brown is a deep plum. My eyes must be playing tricks on me.
fool.gif

singer82

This will be a tiny haul for me. And I'm ok with that! :) more for GD, Strength and TT. Def want a lipbalm and still haven't decided about PP msf yet. My wallet will be thanking me.

valkolak

Well, I don't want to speak too soon but I'm a little disappointed. Not that the other collections won't already have me busy
girlhaha.gif

I like the sound of Warm Companion l/s. I usually love the mes but these sound...idk...ordinary. I'll probably go crazy with the balms and blushes.

valkolak

One thing though...Apres Chic l/s is described as a pinky brick red...? I can't imagine what that would look like. Does anyone have any idea? I think of brick reds as being sort of burnt red but I think I'm missing something.

tats

One thing though...Apres Chic l/s is described as a pinky brick red...? I can't imagine what that would look like. Does anyone have any idea? I think of brick reds as being sort of burnt red but I think I'm missing something.
I'm the same.. doesn't make sense to me..

Mac-Guy

Isn't it funny that the description of the MES all say "with veining."

Let the hunting begin. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, which MES has the best veining of them all."
cutey.gif

Milegolas

I have no idea, that's why I want it *____*

Latest posts