MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Baby1black

Detective Naynadine!!! Not since Sherlock Holmes has there been a better sleuth!! Those lip balms look fantastic! I love that brownish one with the golden sheen, the plum and the pale pink - i love the coral too, but I've got a true butt-load of coral glosses and balms already. Besides these 4, there is one more that is described as "gold"!! I'm sure that one will be beautiful too. Those 2 blushes are gorgeous - I love Mineralize blushes, even with the newer powder blushes being so much nicer than in the past. MBs just fuse with my skin in a special way, so flattering. The Naturally blushes are some of my absolute favorites I've ever owned, especially since they're so much better lasting than earlier ones. Blendable and buildable and never powdery or too bright and fake looking. I thought I was going to take a MES beak - I have sooooo many now, but that deep greyish blue is beautiful. I'm not sure I'll be able to resist it.  The only thing I'm wondering about in this picture is that there are a lot more lipsticks than are in the book for this collection - there were only supposed to be 5 of them. Also one is a "brick red" that is very strong and deep, from the promo picture for the collection. Maybe these lipsticks are a preview of the Mineralize lipsticks? The colors seem very similar to some of the runway photos we've seen. They're all really pretty, that's for sure!
Oh Liba I really love the late mineralize blushes. I have all naturally ones. Had to get them from evil bay but glad I did. I did find 2 of the ones from heavenly creatures at a cco.they are nice but not as great as the ones from naturally. I really hope these are as good. My question for those who have stereo rose is it a hyped up product since I did not get it and I am sure those evil buyers will be going for it. Is it worth it and how does it compare to star wonder or light year or both of them together. I would appreciate swatches

ladyarwen

Oh Liba I really love the late mineralize blushes. I have all naturally ones. Had to get them from evil bay but glad I did. I did find 2 of the ones from heavenly creatures at a cco.they are nice but not as great as the ones from naturally. I really hope these are as good. My question for those who have stereo rose is it a hyped up product since I did not get it and I am sure those evil buyers will be going for it. Is it worth it and how does it compare to star wonder or light year or both of them together. I would appreciate swatches
Swatches of Stereo Rose from 2010 are here. You can tell with one glance that it's not at all comparable to Light Year or Star Wonder.
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-stereo-rose-mineralize-skinfinish-review-photos-swatches

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Swatches of Stereo Rose from 2010 are here. You can tell with one glance that it's not at all comparable to Light Year or Star Wonder. http://www.temptalia.com/mac-stereo-rose-mineralize-skinfinish-review-photos-swatches
Ah, I loved it when she always used to do comparison swatches. It was so helpful, I wish she would still do that with MAC collections.
sigh.gif

ladyarwen

Ah, I loved it when she always used to do comparison swatches. It was so helpful, I wish she would still do that with MAC collections.
sigh.gif
It was really nice of her to do. I can understand why she stopped as that really does take up a lot of time. At least she puts links to swatches of comparable products in her reviews. Plus there's always her swatch gallery. That's been a great resource for me.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
It was really nice of her to do. I can understand why she stopped as that really does take up a lot of time. At least she puts links to swatches of comparable products in her reviews. Plus there's always her swatch gallery. That's been a great resource for me.
Yeah, I can understand that it's a lot of work. To me it was the most helpful feature on her blog though. I have used the swatch gallery, which does help in a way, but the comparisons are not really accurate because the lighting is always a bit different. It would be better if the products were swatched together in one photo.
I do appreciate everyone's swatches of course, I would be lost if there weren't any.

3vins

I loved the Naturally blushes, I have all 3, so I'm interested to see these blushes, really wish they would repromote petticoat though!

caribprincess

Yeah, I can understand that it's a lot of work. To me it was the most helpful feature on her blog though. I have used the swatch gallery, which does help in a way, but the comparisons are not really accurate because the lighting is always a bit different. It would be better if the products were swatched together in one photo. I do appreciate everyone's swatches of course, I would be lost if there weren't any.
Exactly and sadly for me I live on an island and we don't have Sephora but we do have Mac and other high ends so when I want to buy something online it's usually 1. Through google images and 2. With someone who's complexion is similar. Thankfully I've learned so much from this site and having been a lurker foreverrr I'm really starting to posts and get active

kimibos

Yeah, I can understand that it's a lot of work. To me it was the most helpful feature on her blog though. I have used the swatch gallery, which does help in a way, but the comparisons are not really accurate because the lighting is always a bit different. It would be better if the products were swatched together in one photo.
I do appreciate everyone's swatches of course, I would be lost if there weren't any.
im really sad that karla sugar stopped doing swatches. hers were perfect, really true to color in my opinion.

Michelemu21

im really sad that karla sugar stopped doing swatches. hers were perfect, really true to color in my opinion.
Yes and she was close to my coloring nw20. Christine is different I think. I would love if she had a cool-toned partner with her for those swatches.

Paisly

I'm sooo excited for this collection. About a month ago... I went on evilbay to find Stereo Rose. I've heard so much about it! I'm hoping to get my hands on that and porcelain pink, of course!
I'm pretty much skipping the rest of the collections from now til then; For the exception of a lipstick, or two. I will be getting 2-3-4 lipsticks, 2-3 jellies, both MSF's + bu's, maybe a blush and/or eyeshadows.
One question, How long do your MSF's last, typically? I have many... and have never hit pan. My soft and gentle is barely losing the dome shape.
SOOOO excited for this collection!
rasta.gif
rasta.gif
rasta.gif

3vins

I'm going to have to restrain myself with this collection! Defo want the 2 MSFs, and I love mineralise blushes, like the look of the eyeshadows too :)

AniBEE

How long ago was the first time MAC lunched the MSF in Stereo Rose? Maybe this time I'll be able to get it in the first 10 minutes before it sells out. lol

ladyarwen

How long ago was the first time MAC lunched the MSF in Stereo Rose? Maybe this time I'll be able to get it in the first 10 minutes before it sells out. lol
Just did a quick google search, and apparently it was released first back in 2005.

QueenofSpades81

I only want Stereo Rose and hopefully I can get it online. Just the thought of being in any mall the day after Christmas gives me a headache.

Latest posts