MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

mallory1712

well this is a total skip for me! Mineralize crap kills my face!
blah.gif

martiangurll

well this is a total skip for me! Mineralize crap kills my face!
blah.gif
Well, it doesn't cause break outs but it makes my pores look the my face is the dark side of the moon or something. Crater city. Since I am also one of those marks that has twice acquired a Stereo Rose MSF, giving into to all the hype about it, then deciding it just doesn't work, I am hoping I can skip most of these MSF. Swatches could foil that plan though...

Rezel

I'm hoping it'll just be Stereo Rose for me from this collection, but then again I can't seem to resist mineralize products.
whistle.gif

rockin

I have both MSFs, so unless one of those lippies catches my eye when swatched I think I'll be skipping this collection altogether. I'm not a huge fan of MES and rarely reach for the ones I do have.

Fiberluver

OK, YES. This IS the mineralize collection - so Mac Guy - you can combine both of these threads!

It's going to have 5 standard lipsticks (including a brick red and a soft plum), 5 Mineralize Lip Balms (all in soft colors, including one in gold), 5 MES (including grey with copper veins, plum, deep blue), 5 Pro Longwear eye pencils which are going to be perm (green, blue, teal, black and purple), 3 MBs, including a repromote of Gentle, plus a "warm caramel" and another soft brown, reminiscent of the brownish one from Semi-Precious, and Stereo Rose and Porcelain Pink MSFs.

It's coming out Dec 26th!!!!

I just couldn't bring myself to copy all the details right out of the book right under my MA's nose - that wouldn't have been fair to him, so no full color story from me. I'm sure it will turn up soon, though!

The promo picture is a gal with the brick red lips, wearing a very thick knit red hood/scarf cowl on a dramatically lit grey background. The colors are nice and soft, but it's not exactly a "nude" collection.

Enjoy!
AGAIN??? How many times has that been re-promoted???

OhSoJaded

AGAIN??? How many times has that been re-promoted???
I never got around to buying it but I always see it at EVERY CCO I go to! And since it's a powder product, I don't feel like I necessarily need a newly produced one. I think I'll mosey on down to my CCO this weekend and pick it up for 30% off, haha.

hwdsprincess

[COLOR=9933FF]I never got around to buying it but I always see it at EVERY CCO I go to! And since it's a powder product, I don't feel like I necessarily need a newly produced one. I think I'll mosey on down to my CCO this weekend and pick it up for 30% off, haha. [/COLOR]
What?? Really?? If you go and see it grab me one too lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
The shadows look purty, so I might try my luck with one. Strangely, I've not picked up Porcelain Pink any of the times it's been available, but I'll have to check if I have any near dupes. I love MSFs in general, but I don't find they last terribly long on my skin. The lipsticks I'll have to see in person.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I know, right?
WTF2.gif

INSTEAD of Porcelain Pink, I think Metal Rock would have been an awesome repromote for this collection!
I'm actually shocked that they haven't repromoted this already. Seems like it would be money in the bank.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Very true! Has it EVER been re-released, or was it a one time deal?

I think it would look fab with all the MES shades.
As far as I'm aware, it was only available once, in 2005 or 2006. Since then, it has passed into legend.

BriarRose

My wallet is happy. From the pics alone, I am possibly interested in the pink mineralized lip balm, and possibly Stereo Rose depending on how it looks when I swatch it.

Nothing else catches my eye, which is odd for me-- I'm a mineralized nut! Just don't like these colors, I guess.

lilinah

Thank you for the sleuthing, Naynadine! Lovely picture of the new Mineralize collection!

What is wrong with me? I can leave most blushes, but put up a photo of something mineralize and my heart goes pitter-pat!

liba

Detective Naynadine!!! Not since Sherlock Holmes has there been a better sleuth!!

Those lip balms look fantastic! I love that brownish one with the golden sheen, the plum and the pale pink - i love the coral too, but I've got a true butt-load of coral glosses and balms already. Besides these 4, there is one more that is described as "gold"!! I'm sure that one will be beautiful too.

Those 2 blushes are gorgeous - I love Mineralize blushes, even with the newer powder blushes being so much nicer than in the past. MBs just fuse with my skin in a special way, so flattering. The Naturally blushes are some of my absolute favorites I've ever owned, especially since they're so much better lasting than earlier ones. Blendable and buildable and never powdery or too bright and fake looking.

I thought I was going to take a MES beak - I have sooooo many now, but that deep greyish blue is beautiful. I'm not sure I'll be able to resist it.

The only thing I'm wondering about in this picture is that there are a lot more lipsticks than are in the book for this collection - there were only supposed to be 5 of them. Also one is a "brick red" that is very strong and deep, from the promo picture for the collection. Maybe these lipsticks are a preview of the Mineralize lipsticks? The colors seem very similar to some of the runway photos we've seen. They're all really pretty, that's for sure!

Latest posts