MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

liba

IMO, it works better on NC complexions. On pale NW, it is far too orange (and sparkly) to work as a contour. However, if you have yellow undertones, the caramel is a great fit.
It's much less orange than anything that came out in the cream contouring collection. Also less orange than Poised by a fair bit. I think it should be fine on all but the palest and/or ruddiest NWs.

That being said, there are going to be so many blushes in this basic family this year, no reason to get it if it's not perfect (if you can try before you buy).

Jol0

Liba..as a NC30 do you think I should invest in Alpine Bronze? I have Worldly Wealth already... Thanks in advance!

Corally

I need Après Chic :drool: And Alpine Bronze and I want Amber glow for highlighting. And probably Slightly Nude and a MES (not sure which one).

Mac-Guy

It's much less orange than anything that came out in the cream contouring collection. Also less orange than Poised by a fair bit. I think it should be fine on all but the palest and/or ruddiest NWs.

That being said, there are going to be so many blushes in this basic family this year, no reason to get it if it's not perfect (if you can try before you buy).
I tried it on my face and it was too orange as a contour. Mind you, I'm around NW15-18 right now. I'll have to wait until the summer to wear it with bronzers - then it will be easier to pull of caramel tones.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
wait what?? apres chic looks so light and corally on her lips...i don't think it's the right lipstick...now i'm confused
Since I'm not interested in that lippie, I haven't paid much attention to the swatches, but it does look lighter there than I would've expected. I feel like swatches look always a little washed out on that korean site, so I think the lippie does look a bit deeper IRL.

Honi

Here's two of my swatches of one of the lip balms and one eyeliner (In swedish though, but images say more than text!)
http://honi.blogg.se/2012/december/mac-pro-longwear-eye-liner-night-trail-och-mineralize-tinted-lip-balm-pure-tender.html

PrettyKitty

Yuck.. the blushes. They look chalky but sparkly, I dunno...

I think I will only get the eyeliners, I love the Prolongwear formula. These looks more shimmery though, are they safe for the waterline?

Mac-Guy

I think I will only get the eyeliners, I love the Prolongwear formula. These looks more shimmery though, are they safe for the waterline?
iagree.gif

I have my eyes on the e/l too. I tested them on the waterline and didn't encounter any issue - and I have sensitive eyes. I'd say the staying power is similar to the Powerpoints.

PrettyKitty

iagree.gif

I have my eyes on the e/l too. I tested them on the waterline and didn't encounter any issue - and I have sensitive eyes. I'd say the staying power is similar to the Powerpoints.
DUH for some reason I totally forgot that the ones I have are Powerpoints, not Prolongwear. I have never tried the Prolongwears, are they new? Is it a similar texture than the Powerpoints? It has been a crazy busy month for me, my brain is fried I think.

PrettyKitty

I don't know if this have been posted already? Night Trail and Rich Experience:

http://itsfaaaabulous.blogspot.ca/2012/11/macprolongweareyeliner.html

Honi

No issues with wearing Night Trail on the waterline atleast! :)

ChosenOne

Considering skipping Alpine Bronze MB in favor of another MES (either Silver Birch or Fireside). In other news, has anyone had a chance to do a side-by-side swatch of Night Trail and Prussian powerpoint? I'm going to try to do that this weekend when I stop by my local store. I've done a swatch of Night Trail and I'm thinking it's similar to Prussian. Not exactly the same, of course, but I'm thinking they're close enough that I can pass on Night Trail until I'm out of my Prussian. Gotta do the side-by-side to be sure though. Any opinions on this one?

Mac-Guy

DUH for some reason I totally forgot that the ones I have are Powerpoints, not Prolongwear. I have never tried the Prolongwears, are they new? Is it a similar texture than the Powerpoints? It has been a crazy busy month for me, my brain is fried I think.
Yes, they are completely new, but if you like Powerpoints, you'll like the new PLW e/l. :)

Latest posts